Splinter Cell: Blacklist

I decided to play the game and I know this might sound petty, but I couldn't continue it, not because it was a bad game at all, but because it was the best in a technical and gameplay standpoint which made it worse and I was so angry I had to return it.

As I was Playing the game I noticed that the character was moving almost exactly like he did in the past games, Conviction and Double Agent and I said to myself what was the point.

I get they wanted a cinematic quality game with great acting and sound effects from actor's physical performance. And then I thought they could still do that with Micheal Ironside.

I know they wanted to use one actor par character but the last time I checked, actors in action scenes need stunt doubles anyways, that shouldn't be a problem right?

They could have let MI act physically as well and the stunt double do the exact same thing, sure MI would be slower but instead of using his physical mo-cap for the game, they can use the stunt double's instead but with the recording of MI and they would achieve that exact same goal they where aiming for. It would have being perfect, the wouldn't have to make the character younger and a voice change.

My advice and it's not too late the should re-release the game, call MI to act all his parts, redesign the characters face making him look older while keeping all the gameplay mechanics achieved from the other actor.

Release the game in a collectors edition with Double Agent and Conviction. Where finally Conviction can come to the playstation platform and all of them should be ported from the PC version to Playstation 4 and XBox One.

What do you guys think is it a possibility or am I wishing for too much?

Unfortunetly it is too much. ( that's more money wasted from their stand point.)I think it might be possible to bring back Ironside, but not for this . some time after this, yes. And have him give orders as a director from a HQ since he didn't want to do the action in mo-cap among other thing's. But other then that . they won't do what your asking for. and this didn't stop me from playing stealthy as I always did though .

I just hope they don't self this thing cause of the sales. and seeing comment like the link above in the comment area might make them do so. Cause people aren't playing this thing out of spite.

Last edited:
My advice and it's not too late the should re-release the game, call MI to act all his parts, redesign the characters face making him look older while keeping all the gameplay mechanics achieved from the other actor.

Release the game in a collectors edition with Double Agent and Conviction. Where finally Conviction can come to the playstation platform and all of them should be ported from the PC version to Playstation 4 and XBox One.

What do you guys think is it a possibility or am I wishing for too much?

Yea thats asking way, way too much and absolutely would never, ever happen. Michael Ironside wouldn't make or break this game. I agree they could of used Ironsides voice and a mo cap actor, I mean IOI did it with Hitman:Absolution. The issue is they are kinda rebooting this character, sure there are loose ties to the other games but for the most part this is a new Fisher. Not really unlike Daniel Craig as the current James Bond. You can say that well thats a whole new series and if so, then why is Judi Dench M in the Brosnan films as well as Craigs films?

I miss Ironside, but I thought Eric Johnson did a fine job as this new rebooted Sam Fisher which is pretty much what this is.

I would totally be fine with Ironside being brought back. And, it's not something I would rule out for some later game. But, if I'm honest...I didn't think Johnson was bad at all. He's no Ironside, but who the **** is? I'd love Ironside back, but I'm cool with Johnson returning if not.

But, there's no chance they'll re-release Blacklist with Ironside in it. Not even the slightest.

I'm hopeful they'll just chalk this up to a bad release date. I liked the direction they took things and would just like to see them continue on the path they've forged with Blacklist.

I loved this game. And thought the new guy did really well.

I finally got a chance to play through this a bit and I must say it's everything I hoped for in a Splinter Cell game. Seeing as I completely missed Conviction and the changes that that brought into the series, I really like how they took the best stuff from the past games and pushed it forward to fit the way that gaming is in this generation.

Now I know one of the things I had an issue with early on when this game was revealed was that it doesn't feel right to kill as Sam Fisher, especially when the main goal of the past games was to get by like a ninja without even being detected, but it really feels good to be able to kill or take down enemies so smoothly in combat. My first exposure to the mark and execute system was with Hitman: Absolution last year, but I had some issues with it in that game. But with this, I haven't. I just hate the feeling I get when I'm trying to be all sneaky and accidentally get caught, leading to a fire fight.

In no way would this game be better if they re released it with Ironside. Haha that'd be awful. The new guy did a great job. I don't know what they were expecting but I'd say underperforming at 2 million is a mixture between too high of expectations and releasing it right before Gta 5

So, just wanted to point out to people who haven't purchased it and own a PS3...it's on sale right now. If you have a Playstation Plus subscription, they're selling it for $8.75. That's the game and all the DLC that was released for it. I loved the game so much, I really think it's a steal at that price. So, just FYI.

Wow she's leaving earlier then I expected

Jade-Raymond-5.jpg

Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft

Ubisoft Toronto's managing director and former EP co-host Jade Raymond is leaving Ubisoft after ten years at the company. Jade helped kick off the Assassin's Creed franchise by producing the first two games in the franchise, before becoming becoming Managing Director at Ubisoft Toronto in 2009, where she oversaw Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Jade says that she’s leaving in order to pursue other ambitions and new opportunities. She promises to reveal more specific details in the too distant future, and we can’t wait to find out more.
Along with working on EP, Jade Raymond has also been interviewed by us many times over the years. You can watch our classic interview with her about the original Assassin’s Creed game by clicking here.

Ubisoft’s Jade Raymond Announces Departure From Company. October 20, 2014 . 10:58am

During her tenure at Ubisoft, Raymond served as producer on the very first Assassin’s Creed, and as executive producer on a number of the publisher’s other games.

Jade Raymond, managing director of Ubisoft’s Toronto Studio and a producer on some of the company’s most well-known games, has announced her departure from the company.

During her tenure at Ubisoft, Raymond served as producer on the very first Assassin’s Creed, and as executive producer on Assassin’s Creed II, Watch_Dogs, and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Raymond was also responsible for opening the company’s Toronto studio.

Following her departure, Alexandre Parizeau, a founding team member of the Ubisoft Toronto studio, is taking over Raymond’s role as the studio’s managing director. Parizeau served as senior producer on Splinter Cell Blacklist, and producer on Splinter Cell Conviction and Rainbow Six Vegas.

“I’ve spent 10 extraordinary years at Ubisoft, and I am proud to have been part of many of the best teams in the industry making truly remarkable games,” said Raymond.

“This is one of the hardest decisions of my career, but the Toronto studio is strong and on a solid path. I’m confident that now is a good time for me to transition leadership of the studio to Alex and to pursue my other ambitions and new opportunities. Stay tuned for more on what’s next for me, but for now, I’d like to thank Ubisoft for its partnership through the years, and I wish them the very best in all their next endeavours.”

Read more stories about Ubisoft on Siliconera.

source: EPN.TV & Siliconera

I finally got a chance to play through this a bit and I must say it's everything I hoped for in a Splinter Cell game. Seeing as I completely missed Conviction and the changes that that brought into the series, I really like how they took the best stuff from the past games and pushed it forward to fit the way that gaming is in this generation.

Now I know one of the things I had an issue with early on when this game was revealed was that it doesn't feel right to kill as Sam Fisher, especially when the main goal of the past games was to get by like a ninja without even being detected, but it really feels good to be able to kill or take down enemies so smoothly in combat. My first exposure to the mark and execute system was with Hitman: Absolution last year, but I had some issues with it in that game. But with this, I haven't. I just hate the feeling I get when I'm trying to be all sneaky and accidentally get caught, leading to a fire fight.

It's actually alot like Chaos Theory in the sense, too. There's an achievement/ trophy for not killing anyone during every mission. There's ways to get past everyone without killing anyone. You just have to be creative and patient.

Really sad to see Raymond go. She brought on after Conviction, and she immediately promised us that we'd see a return to the roots of Splinter Cell with Blacklist. And she was right, and they delivered. I know it's impossible to claim one person may have had a huge effect on a Ubisoft game, but it seemed like she helped turn Splinter Cell back on track and head into the right direction with Blacklist.

I think last I heard, she was actually working on the new Splinter Cell, too.

Please don't lie to me, Yves.

[FONT=&quot]Almost every year at E3, Ubisoft reveals a new Tom Clancy game but this year and many expected a new Splinter Cell to be the new Tom Clancy game but there was nothing revealed! The big stinger at the end was Beyond Good and Evil 2 which is great but some fans are disappointed we haven't heard anything regarding Splinter Cell in four years.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speaking with Geoff Keighley, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot talked about why we haven't heard anything about a new entry in the stealth series.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"All the Clancy games are taken care of, we have quite a lot on our plate. The Division continues to be played, Ghost Recon is also still extremely popular, all the Clancy games are really coming along. We are not forgetting Splinter Cell."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It sounds as if Ubisoft is just really busy and is letting Splinter Cell brew while they talk about other games that are coming much sooner. Hopefully, we'll hear something about Sam Fisher's next adventure at E3 2018![/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot]Tags:
E3 2017SPLINTER CELL: BLACKLISTUBISOFTYVES GUILLEMOT
[/FONT]

source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

well I don't play this game. I don't know why but I've never been able to get into ghost recon. but I have news on sam fisher and the voice of Michael ironside has returned it seems . Details in the articles below.

Michael Ironside returns as Sam Fisher - in a Ghost Recon Wildlands event

[YT]S3TibSpdbVE[/YT]
3 days ago
Comments 1

We’re due for a Splinter Cell revival. It’s been half a decade since Blacklist came out, and it’s far past time to see Sam Fisher return....Read more

Fallowing that

Ghost Recon Wildlands’ free Splinter Cell op will let you team up with Sam Fisher tomorrow

[YT]HRmQhlVQpLI[/YT]
3 hours ago

Last week, Ubisoft teased the return of a Michael Ironside-voiced Sam Fisher as part of a new mission in Ghost Recon Wildlands. Now they’ve show...Read more

source: PCGN

safe_image.php

Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Splinter Cell mission pours one out for Snake
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news...plinter-cell-mission-pours-one-out-for-snake/

April 12, 2018
There's a lot of love between the two kings of stealth action games.Read more

Alsowith below

The bizarre tale of how Tom Clancy sold his name to videogames
https://www.pcgamesn.com/rainbow-six-siege/tom-clancy-videogames

5 days ago

Tom Clancy died in 2013. This may come as a surprise to many players of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, which was released two years after his...Read more

source: PCGN

Last edited:

14 hours ago
TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL: BLACKLIST Developers Pitched A Sequel To Ubisoft
Founder of Ubisoft Toronto Jade Raymond revealed that the Splinter Cell: Blacklist team was keen to create a sequel to their acclaimed stealth video game, and had even approached Ubisoft about the idea...Read more

| 12/27/2018
Filed Under: "Splinter Cell Blacklist" Source: GameReactor
12825.jpg

Despite strong evidence (including two separate listings on Amazon), the highly-anticipated Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist sequel wasn't announced during Ubisoft's annual media briefing at this year's E3. In a post-show interview, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot was asked why Splinter Cell didn’t make the show and said: "We love the brand. We really want it to come back but I can’t say much today."

Half a year later, Ubisoft still hasn't revealed anything officially regarding the rumored next step in theSplinter Cell evolution. Interestingly enough, Ubisoft announced in 2015 Clint Hocking's return to the company (this time joining the team at Toronto), igniting the fandom's hope that Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory's Creative Director is indeed working on a new game with Sam Fisher.

While we don't even know what Hocking has been developing at Ubi Toronto that whole time (and it most definitely wasn't the studio's second major video game, October's Starlink: Battle for Atlas), it looks like the creators of 2013's Splinter Cell: Blacklist had some ideas for a potential next-gen sequel.

In an interview with GameReactor, Jade Raymond, the Founder of Ubisoft Toronto and EA Motive, said “The last Splinter Cell [Blacklist] is the last one that shipped, so…” she explained. “You know what? There is a design that we actually had and worked on and would have wanted to make, but since I am not at Ubisoft anymore I can’t talk about it and I don’t know who wants to share that concept.”

Considering that Michael Ironside, who voiced Sam Fisher in five Splinter Cell games and basically shaped the iconic spy, has successfully managed to beat prostate and bowel cancer that stopped him from voicing Sam in Blacklist and played Fisher in a special Splinter Cell-themed Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands’ DLC (that was released a few months ago), Splinter Cell may return sooner than later.
source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"