The Wolverine SPOILER ALERT: Anyone bothered by....

I could have sworn he had his metal claws back in that ending credit scene when turned around to stab the old Magneto!

I could have sworn he had his metal claws back in that ending credit scene when turned around to stab the old Magneto!

Nope they were bone claws, trust me I was really looking

The one thing I'm confused about is that Yashida wanted to transfer his healing power onto himself so his plan was to drain all the adamentium from his body? What does adamentium have to do with Wolverine's healing factor? I think I missed something there...

He was not taking Wolverines Adamentium.

He drilled into Wolverine's bone claw core (bone marrow).
I figure the way to "Get" his healing factor was to get it from his bone core.

Look guys he was not draining the metal from him, he chopped off the claws so he could get at the bone underneath, he wanted to get to the marrow, he did not take any adamantium from Logan, he was sucking the healing factor from him via the opennings at the ends of the chopped off claws. Doe that help you understand that part of the movie now??
edit
Thanks dugath, you beat me too it.

Had Yashida taken Wolverine's healing factor, adamantium poisoning would have killed him quickly, am I right? So much for that "growing old" promise he made him.

Look guys he was not draining the metal from him, he chopped off the claws so he could get at the bone underneath, he wanted to get to the marrow, he did not take any adamantium from Logan, he was sucking the healing factor from him via the opennings at the ends of the chopped off claws. Doe that help you understand that part of the movie now??
edit
Thanks dugath, you beat me too it.

:up: That's what I thought too.

As I said before he reason his bone claws came back out was because the claws had been chopped off so the bone cane back through.

I loved it. There are actual consequences to what will happening the future. What does this mean for DOFP? I just love they took the extra step and took away what seemingly made him Wolverine. He ended where he started.

Everyone just keep calm and go watch X2. If you remember while they're camping in the woods Magneto talks to Logan about William Stryker and how he's the only other person he knows that can manipulate adamantium and bond it to bones. Magneto will take care of Logan in DOFP. Great movie overall, awesome post credits scene to excite me for what's to come

The adamantium claws are in no way comparable to Thor's hammer, Caps Shield, or Batman's cowl. The claws themselves are, but not them being metal. Bone claws work for me because they are part of Wolverine's natural badass, not something given to him by Stryker. A more vulnerable Logan is a more interesting one.

It wouldn't make sense if he suddenly got his adamantium claws back, 2 years later after it was chopped off.

Last edited:
If Xavier can get his body back and Magneto can get his powers back, then Wolverine can definitely get his adamantium claws back. Those bone claws would snap right off in a fight against a Sentinel.

But with Wolverine, it can't be explained with just 1 sentence. Like they have to show it in DOFP. And do they have time for that? Especially Wolverine is the one who is going to time travel.

Prof X went to another body and Magneto got his powers back in the last two scenes of X3.

Wolverine loosing his adamantium claws? I know he grows back his natural claws... I was kinda bummed about it.... At first I felt, well he only lost one set.... but then he lost both.

I'm sure he'll get his adamantium claws back in Days of Future past. He obviously still has the adamantium in his body because Magneto was still able to suppress him as we saw during the post credit scene.

Everyone just keep calm and go watch X2. If you remember while they're camping in the woods Magneto talks to Logan about William Stryker and how he's the only other person he knows that can manipulate adamantium and bond it to bones. Magneto will take care of Logan in DOFP. Great movie overall, awesome post credits scene to excite me for what's to come

:up:

Magneto should be able to fix him right up.

Like many have already said, I think it's inevitable that Magneto will "fix" him, but what I hope is that they keep the claw design from this movie instead of going back to the one used from the previous films. That double edged blade is perfection.

Losing his healing factor and the adamantium in his claws are only 2 of the reasons why this movie trumps most CBMs, for me.

I think the obvious solution for how he can get his adamantium claws back are through Magneto using his powers to return them to him.

He talks about needing him and i'm sure he'd do everything in his power to get wolverine to full power claws and all.

It's gonna feel cheesy to have such a crucial, shocking moment, and then have the effect reversed so soon.

What idiot at Marvel Studios decided it was a good idea for Wolverine to lose his adamantium claws?! That's his big draw, what makes him dangerous. What's next? Taking away Thor's hammer and Captain America's shield?

And adamantium is supposed to be indestructible. So the robot had some red-hot adamantium claws - that should have changed nothing. They should have just screeched off of Wolverine's claws. Adamantium can't break adamantium - it's immutable. It can't be broken, period. Or at least it couldn't before this movie came out. I guess Marvel movies-world is in a different universe than Marvel comics-world. IMHO, a writer(s) created this plot defect for a quickie surprise for the audience - at the expense of the character's future. That happens by renegade comic writers periodically, also. Now I look forward to some other exception in a future move where he breaks an arm or leg or something by yet another adamantium-created object.

So Wolverine has "bone claws" now. Oooo - dangerous. All he can do with them is stab - they're certainly not able to cut steel (or any metal for that matter), and he'd better make sure they don't break off if he puts too much force on them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't ever recall Magneto being able to transmute adamantium, though I'm not dogmatic on that. The only person that I recall in the comics who was able to do that was the Molecule Man, who also dissolved Thor's hammer and Captain America's shield in the same issue.

Yes, no one has ever screwed with Wolverine's adamantium skeleton in the comics, ever. :dry:

What idiot at Marvel Studios decided it was a good idea for Wolverine to lose his adamantium claws?! That's his big draw, what makes him dangerous. What's next? Taking away Thor's hammer and Captain America's shield?

And adamantium is supposed to be indestructible. So the robot had some red-hot adamantium claws - that should have changed nothing. They should have just screeched off of Wolverine's claws. Adamantium can't break adamantium - it's immutable. It can't be broken, period. Or at least it couldn't before this movie came out. I guess Marvel movies-world is in a different universe than Marvel comics-world. IMHO, a writer(s) created this plot defect for a quickie surprise for the audience - at the expense of the character's future. That happens by renegade comic writers periodically, also. Now I look forward to some other exception in a future move where he breaks an arm or leg or something by yet another adamantium-created object.

So Wolverine has "bone claws" now. Oooo - dangerous. All he can do with them is stab - they're certainly not able to cut steel (or any metal for that matter), and he'd better make sure they don't break off if he puts too much force on them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't ever recall Magneto being able to transmute adamantium, though I'm not dogmatic on that. The only person that I recall in the comics who was able to do that was the Molecule Man, who also dissolved Thor's hammer and Captain America's shield in the same issue.

The next film he is going to be in also stars Magneto.

Magneto, who can manipulate metal.

You can see where I'm going with this.

The next film he is going to be in also stars Magneto.

Magneto, who can manipulate metal.

You can see where I'm going with this.

Just curious - did he ever manipulate adamantium in the comics? As in reshape it? Does anyone know? (But even if he didn't, we now know that Marvel Studios has no hesitation to stay faithful to the comics - so I suppose Magneto can fix Wolverine up in the next movie regardless).

Yes, no one has ever screwed with Wolverine's adamantium skeleton in the comics, ever. :dry:

Wrong!!!

Actually, Magneto did!

In X-Men #25, back in 1993, Wolverine almost killed Magneto. Magneto, in a rage caused by Wolverine almost killing him, used his powers to tear the adamantium off of Wolverine's skeletin and out of his body through his pours.

Yes, it's safe to say that that hurt Wolverine... a lot!

Wolverine ended up in a coma and his healing factor was overloaded.

When he finally was healed he felt useless and tried to see if he could still compete by taking part in a Danger Room sequence in the highest setting. I believe the program had a sentinal. He got whooped! He popped his claws and for the first time we saw that they were bone and not implanted knives. His bone claws were broken during the fight, leading to this:

3865_4_0079.jpg

He ended up quiting the X-Men and I believe he was off the team for the next 6 years.

He ended up getting the adamantium back when Apocalypse brainwashed him into becoming his Horseman Death and re-bonded his skeletin.

So, it is very factual that Magneto does indeed have the ability to manipulate adamantium, but...

The problem with the movie was how easily Wolverine's adamantium claws were cut. And the whole heating thing doesn't work. It's like saying this...

If I took a hot piece of steel and swung it at a piece of steel of a similar size, what would happen? Likely the hot steel would break or bend before the non-heated steel.

Same for adamantium, except as Striker once said, once adamantium is cooled it can not be heated again. This was a huge hole in the story. General audience won't see that, or care, but us fan boys will.

Also, when and how exactly did Viper put that Matrix robotic fishy thing into Wolverine so it could wrap around his heart? Were we supposed to believe that that greenish smoke from the bowl knocked out a guy whose healing factor makes it so no poison affects him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"