First Avenger (Spoilers) Did Anyone Else Find It Sad...

I liked that scene alot. Tho I heard a kid say, "Noooo" when Bucky fell.

Lol, I had to tell my girlfriend it would be alright and that Caps next love interest would be Peggy's niece. Then she proceeded to look at me funny and tell me that would be wierd.

Can't imagine any of this emo situation happening in IM 3, Tony Stark can never be associated with it.

Can't imagine any of this emo situation happening in IM 3, Tony Stark can never be associated with it.

I dunno, if the Peppa Pot ends up marrying Happy Hogan, you might see Tony shed a manly tear or two. :oldrazz:

well, now Cap will be getting it on with her niece........... kinda sad :(

It was definitely a great scene and one of the better ancillary romances I've observed in a film as of late; not contrived or heavy-handed... something which often befalls similar dynamics in this type of movie.

However, I did think it was a bit too somber of a note to end the movie proper on. I'd have preferred if they cut to credits sometime right after all the V-E Day/peace imagery, particularly the kids seemingly mimicking Cap and the Commandos/Invaders; something to underscore the value of Cap's sacrifice and what he was fighting for. Save the harsh reality of the reawakening for after the credits when it can be embraced for the good and bad.

Of course, that's all largely moot because pretty much everyone in the theater knew to stick around for a little post-credit goodness that provided more of an uplifting feeling. :cap::im::thor::bh: :awesome:

It was meant for the after credits scene but was bumped up for the Avengers teaser.

A sad scene , it's suppossed to be. The film doesn't end there. It end with Cap being in modern day. Then of course post credit goodies.

I see phrases like gut-wrenching or tore up. I liked the scene, felt it had heart .... but am not in agreement with some of the hyperbole in here. I shed a tear in Forest Gump when he asks Jenny if his son is normal. Not during Cap though.

Agreed

Loved the movie and yes the scene in question was very emotional but what romance? An unspoken crush and 1 kiss is hardly a romance.

if their romance didn't work, the end exchange they shared wouldn't have worked either, so all in all, you might just say that the love story, though simple, was really the best of any of the Marvel movies and truly emotional and effective there at the end. Honestly I wasn't expecting to feel that sad for both Peggy and Rogers but it struck a chord and that's good stuff imo.

It definitely struck a chord with me, also. The romance in this film is probably the best I've seen in a comic book film, and I think a part of the reason for that is that it is doomed. He gets frozen and they can never be together. All their moments together are bittersweet, because the audience knows what is coming. I know others think it was a little too somber of an ending, but it was nice not having a perfect cookie cutter ending. Personally, I would have liked a scene at Peggy's grave, but that actually may have been too somber.

Definitely shed a tear. That scene made me want Hayley Atwell back for The Avengers as an older Peggy. :(

I hear you :(

I'll sure miss both Peggy and Phillips in The Avengers, I loved them both. Won't be the same without either around for the next time :csad:

Yeah, I didn't cry or anything, but I did actually feel a lot of emotion during that scene, because their relationship had progressed so much as was arcing so much at those moments. It was at that point that you knew they'd never be together, truly.

It didn't make me cry or anything but it definitely got a heartfelt "damn, Steve" from me. Very well acted by Evans.

Yeah, it was rough. And the shot of her slouched over the controls sobbing too.

Peggy sliding the photo of pre-serum Steve out was great too. Seeing what he used to be and knowing the hero he became, that scene was powerful.

Definitely a great scene and one of my favorites from the entire movie. No years from me but I did feel a bit of sadness and it was in part to how Evans played it out. Credit to him. I also liked how Peggy looked at his old photo and how it went back to Erskine telling Steve to always be a good man.

Those who claim there wasn't really any romance weren't watching the film. It was subtle, and not rammed in your face like the Twilight or Spider-Man movies.

I personally like the scene where her and Tommy Lee Jones are watching footage of Cap in the field, on one of his missions, and she catches a glimpse of the picture he keeps of her in his locket. I loved the look on her face in that scene plus the looked Tommy Lee's character gives her upon seeing it too!

The romance was there..which made the final scenes between them all the more powerful.

I have to admit i felt sad for Steve and Peggy but hopefully we can see some closure between them in The Avengers or Cap 2

I got misty and a tear or two rolled out twice during the movie. One was, of course, Cap and Peggy talking with him on the plane. The other instance surprised me...it was the scene with Erskine and Steve sitting on the beds talking. I knew the 'good man' line was coming from seeing the previews but something about Tucci's perfect delivery just touched me profoundly. Good job by everyone involved.

I think it's funny that the grumpy gusses who didn't like the movie even before they saw it are trying to tell people how to feel about the scene near the end.

You don't have to like the scene but it's not hyberbole to say that it touched them that much.

Forrest Gump is one of the most manipulative movies ever made. It's a bland big cemercial film masquerading as a deep smart one. It's one of Robert Zemeckis's "I'm a ****e for special effects and nothing else" films. Look Forrest meets Kennedy! Look he is inserted somewhere else! I've watched like 70% of it and do not want to see the rest. It's a dubious thing indeed when one who finds that film deeply emotional rags on one who finds something in Captain America emotional. At least Captain America isn't pretending that it's some great big film with an amazing message.

Pick a better movie and I might be in like flynn with ya.

Screw Banner's fate, Steve's fate is more tragic.lol

Seriously, I think CA:TFA has the saddest ending for the hero out of anyone in the MCU universe. Hell, I'll go even father to say that CA has the saddest ending for a hero film than any other hero period, more so than Batman's one in TDK.

I seriously hope that by the time Captain America's franchise with Chris Evans has run its course, that Steve finds happiness in his life.

This scene and the sense of loss that I felt for Steve after he is displaced in time has really stuck with me as well even though I knew it was coming. Alan Silverstri's score is very effective during those moments of the film as well.

I got misty and a tear or two rolled out twice during the movie. One was, of course, Cap and Peggy talking with him on the plane. The other instance surprised me...it was the scene with Erskine and Steve sitting on the beds talking. I knew the 'good man' line was coming from seeing the previews but something about Tucci's perfect delivery just touched me profoundly. Good job by everyone involved.

Just something funny about a guy with a screen name of "captainass" who's crying at a comic book movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"