First Avenger (Spoilers) Did Anyone Else Find It Sad...

i think cap will connect with the female's alot for instance plenty of woman let out a gasp and an awwww and other nice comments in my audience when little steve jumped on the grenade

It was pretty damn sad. \:

Me and my friend were discussing what would be sadder:

Having Steve find out that Peggy's still alive, but like, on her deathbed, she's in hospital OR to have Steve wake up to find out she's dead. I thought it'd be the first.

The return of Steve Rogers to a 90 year old Peggy Carter is much more interesting to me.

Yeah I found this scene quite emotional too, but have to say I thought the scene with Peggy pulling the photo of skinny Steve out of his file was also very sad.

The worst bit was when the movie ended... I nearly teared up...

I wanted moar.

:p

Then I saw the trailer for The Avengers and I was all =DDDD

Then the trailer ended and I was all =[[

I really want Cap's intro scene in Avengers to be him walking up to Peggy's grave or deathbed. It'd set the tone for his "Man out of Time" storyline that he'll surely have in the movie.

There were a lot of emotions in this film but I was moved/inspired by the transformation scene. When Steve yells out and tells them he could do it even though he was in extreme pain and the look Erskine gave him as he was dying...

Did anyone else find it sad near the end when Captain America and Peggy are sharing their last message before the jet crashes and Cap gets frozen?

:facepalm:

No, nobody did.

Can't wait for thread sequel 'did anybody else think it was cool when Captain America beat the bad guys up?'

I really want Cap's intro scene in Avengers to be him walking up to Peggy's grave or deathbed. It'd set the tone for his "Man out of Time" storyline that he'll surely have in the movie.

If she's dead and Cap's first scene opened with him visiting her grave, for some reason I think of Bond at Tracy's grave in FYEO.

Also the, scene with the radio playing a Brooklyn Dodgers game that Steve had attended was a great touch. I wouldn't mind a scene in Avengers or in Cap II where he happens to be at the Jackie Robinson Apartments on the former site of the Brooklyn Dodgers ballpark, Ebbets Field. Just a little reminder that so much of what Steve knew is now gone. Originally, 20 years had passed and yes, a lot can happen in 20 years-but 70 years is a drastic difference.

In the comics, Peggy actually ended up dating Gabe Jones after Cap came back.

:facepalm:

No, nobody did.

Can't wait for thread sequel 'did anybody else think it was cool when Captain America beat the bad guys up?'

Someone didn't like the movie :whatever:

EDIT: Or just didn't emotionally resonate with the scene. To each his own.

20 bucks says that for the milestone moment regarding Steve's Love Life, that he'll share his first dance with a woman in Captain America 2, and that it'll be with Sharon.

It was a sad scene. I hope they have her still alive in The Avengers and Steve gets to see her again.

Like that episode of Futurama with the dog :csad:

Oh god, please don't mention that. The only thing that can make me cry more is a family member dying. At least one of the movies retconned it so the dog wasn't actually waiting until he died.

If she's dead and Cap's first scene opened with him visiting her grave, for some reason I think of Bond at Tracy's grave in FYEO.

Also the, scene with the radio playing a Brooklyn Dodgers game that Steve had attended was a great touch. I wouldn't mind a scene in Avengers or in Cap II where he happens to be at the Jackie Robinson Apartments on the former site of the Brooklyn Dodgers ballpark, Ebbets Field. Just a little reminder that so much of what Steve knew is now gone. Originally, 20 years had passed and yes, a lot can happen in 20 years-but 70 years is a drastic difference.

I really LOVE that idea. I have to trust that Joss will write something like that in to Avengers but the baseball angle would be perfect.

BTW- I love that they broadcast a unique part of the game. An inside the park grand slam would lead to instant recognition by Steve. They did so many little things right in this film.

Someone didn't like the movie :whatever:

EDIT: Or just didn't emotionally resonate with the scene. To each his own.

Actually I think all he's doing is pointing out what he feels is the redundancy of the thread.

Because when it comes down to it, this thread is basically asking you:

"Did anyone else find the sad part of the movie...sad?"

Loved the romance between Peggy and Steve, there were feelings conveyed firmly based off of reality. It was funny, touching and sad in all the right places.
I for one will be very disappointed if Steve's feelings of loss and isolation are not covered in either Avengers or the next Captain America film. It will be a great disservice to the character otherwise.

Actually I think all he's doing is pointing out what he feels is the redundancy of the thread.

Because when it comes down to it, this thread is basically asking you:

"Did anyone else find the sad part of the movie...sad?"

Bingo.

I really felt sorry for Cap,, for loosing his love...

It was pretty damn sad. \:

Me and my friend were discussing what would be sadder:

Having Steve find out that Peggy's still alive, but like, on her deathbed, she's in hospital OR to have Steve wake up to find out she's dead. I thought it'd be the first.

According to Joe Johnston, Kevin Feige, she's still alive when Cap was revived.
She's already 88. I would love to see them have that date.

Got it here http://www.moviesonline.ca/2011/07/joe-johnston-kevin-feige-interview/

I watched it last week and I still feel sad when I remember the film, specially the final scenes. I think I'm gonna watch it again.

Good read. Feige is an evil bastard.

Q: Is there another epilogue besides the one we saw before the final credits?

KF: I don’t think there’s talk of another epilogue. On this movie, that sort of epilogue is before the credits when you go to black, you come back up and you’re not sure where you are.

Q: So there isn’t anything after the credits?

KF: Not in the screening you saw. (laughs)

The return of Steve Rogers to a 90 year old Peggy Carter is much more interesting to me.

Man, if they have a scene near the end of The Avengers with Steve visiting an elderly Peggy Carter, saying something along the lines of "How about that date?", and they starting slow dancing for the first and last time, I don't think I would be able to hold back the tears. :csad:

Last edited:
It was horribly sad... and the last line of 'I had a date' and Evans' expression... well, i can see why people were in tears.

Going in i was fully expecting a horribly sad ending and i wasn't disappointed.

Hope to see Avengers referencing Peggy in some way, be it Cap looking at an image of her or standing over her grave...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"