Square Enix's Avengers

Any news on when spidey is being released for ps4? I read somewhere that Kate Bishop is being added sometime next month and then Hawkeye in like december

Lawd this Hulk/Aim level is killing me...literally. This reminded me why im not a frequent gamer anymore. I died like 20 times in this part :funny:
I know exactly how you feel. I must've died at least 20-30 times on the Iron Man/AIM level. I figured it must either be the game or the fact that this is my first game in years, but Iron Man is proving to be the most difficult one to play with. I'm having A LOT of fun with Black Widow and HULK, though.

I found Iron Man and Ms. Marvel to be my least favorites to play. Cap and Widow I liked most. Then Thor, though I was better with Hulk than Thor.

I actually find Kamala surprisingly powerful to play with. Once she gets going she cleans house with her “Mr Fantastic” combos lol

I found Iron Man and Ms. Marvel to be my least favorites to play. Cap and Widow I liked most. Then Thor, though I was better with Hulk than Thor.
Thanks for that. Could you give your reasons for your preferences please as I’d be interested.

I know exactly how you feel. I must've died at least 20-30 times on the Iron Man/AIM level. I figured it must either be the game or the fact that this is my first game in years, but Iron Man is proving to be the most difficult one to play with. I'm having A LOT of fun with Black Widow and HULK, though.

Oof i have that to look forward to then.

Thanks for that. Could you give your reasons for your preferences please as I’d be interested.

Iron Man kind of sucks at close combat, and sometimes aiming quick enough when you're surrounded is a chore. Cap and Widow are fast and can get in and out of sticky situations more easily. Hulk takes hits, but I always end up healing with him enough so I can just stand there and take it. Thor's combat is fun, but he is a tad slow. Ms. Marvel I just dont find offensively useful. She is better as a defender and at avoiding damage..At least how I play.

My favorites are Thor and Ms Marvel. Thor plays exactly how I would wish him to play and I don't feel that he's too slow like Spider-Fan thinks. I have no issues dodging and he has a very good parry that links into power attacks. He hits hard with backup of his lightning (which helps you automatically parry while charging a bigger hit, and has great added effects to the hit) so I never have any issues getting off attacks that stagger or launch enemies, allowing me to be very offensive in melee, and throwing Mjolnir is a very satisfying mechanic, including pinning enemies under the hammer. He's strong both melee and ranged, grounded and flying, so he's the most complete hero in the way I play.

Kamala is less complete due to her limited range in ranged attacks, but on the other hand she has great melee range and can reach mele enemies before they reach her. Especially her unlocked airborne heavy combo is great to hit enemies without melee being able to hit her. She can also Embiggen a long time with upgrades, and her healing ability is really strong and makes her likely to be my favorite hero to have in my team beside me.

I think all heroes feel good though, except for that I have had issues with Hulk. He is the one I feel is slow and is less defensively capable, plus that jumping up on things can be a hassle. He'll probably be better when I play more and get the hang of him, but this far there's a reason why he's my lowest leveled hero. His HARM Room training mission was by far the hardest for me.

Yes Hulk feels surprisingly...weak? I dunno during his segment where you fight AIM it felt like he was taking serious damage from those laser dudes really easily. You’d think a behemoth like him would easily clean house.

Now, um, granted, I havent fully learned how to take advantage of the gear system to build stats so that couldve been my issue too hahaha.

I've gotten good with Hulk but it did took getting used to each character and building up stats does help along with the skill trees. I like them all but mainly use Iron Man, Thor and Black Widow

When I played Widow in the demo, I felt like she was weak and couldn’t do anything. Then the actual game out and learned how to use her move set and she’s the most played character now.

I still don’t quite get the whole “building your meter” thing for her. How you have to dodge attacks and attack enemies till it’s full and then your arms and legs have the red electricity on them.

The game can be really fun but I think it works best in small doses. A couple of missions here and there throughout the day or week

Which is the complete opposite of how they want you to play. I feel like I'll never grind enough to get the skins I want. The update came through and now I can't even play mine is stuck in an infinite loading loop.

Well they should be happy people are playing at all. Sucks about your issue because I was able to play it last night right after it downloaded

I've been able to play up until yesterday when it updated.

Was working for me today and I got the update

Do you guys know if the Avengers Initiative can be played offline as well?

IGN and Gamespot finally reviewed the game. GS a 7, IGN a 6. Feels weird they both came out 10 days after they both got the game.

I’m enjoying it so far, was wondering why they decided to have Kamala as the main character but I guess it’s easy to tell a story from her point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"