Square Enix's Avengers

Yeah but if I'm not mistaken reviewers get these games earlier, like two weeks earlier than retailers. Youtubers without their own site, get big games earlier as well. Even in this era, a lot of games/campaigns can be done in 2 weeks, unless that person has to complete every single side quest and platinum the game. But is anyone doing that who might have a deadline in sending their reviews? Idk.

I'm not sure if that was the case with this game, I can't recall which website I was looking at but they'd been doing daily reviews of the game as they were still playing it which would build to their full review. They were only up to day 2 or 3 of their review meaning they'd only had it for maybe at most 3-4 days or only been playing it that long.

I know what you're saying though, Call of Duty & other AAA titles are like that in the sense that they'd have all their early copies sent out weeks in advance so they could tell people how good it was either on or just before the actual launch.

I'm not sure if that was the case with this game, I can't recall which website I was looking at but they'd been doing daily reviews of the game as they were still playing it which would build to their full review. They were only up to day 2 or 3 of their review meaning they'd only had it for maybe at most 3-4 days or only been playing it that long.

I know what you're saying though, Call of Duty & other AAA titles are like that in the sense that they'd have all their early copies sent out weeks in advance so they could tell people how good it was either on or just before the actual launch.
Yeah it seems they didn't get it till last Monday, which actually probably isn't a good sign for the game itself. Because that reeks of tactical BS to avoid reviews. Considering the Metacritic score after 23 reviews, it seems to make sense.

Marvel's Avengers

Yeah it seems they didn't get it till last Monday, which actually probably isn't a good sign for the game itself. Because that reeks of tactical BS to avoid reviews. Considering the Metacritic score after 23 reviews, it seems to make sense.

Marvel's Avengers

Better than Madden's Metacritic score :o

Marvel's Avengers

Judging by the way the demos looked my guess is they maybe held back shipping out early copies that wouldn't have the day 1 update for fear that the reviews would all focus on the bugs & performance issues some/most of which would be gone by day 1.

However there are a lot of consumers, particularly for a game like this at top range price that will live by what reviews tell them & if the game gets terrible reviews early on, the damage will effectively be done.

Truth be told the demos did the damage for me, I was on the fence about paying so much for it & when I saw how relatively rough around the edges the game looked, it definitely put me off buying on release.

Judging by the way the demos looked my guess is they maybe held back shipping out early copies that wouldn't have the day 1 update for fear that the reviews would all focus on the bugs & performance issues some/most of which would be gone by day 1.

However there are a lot of consumers, particularly for a game like this at top range price that will live by what reviews tell them & if the game gets terrible reviews early on, the damage will effectively be done.

Truth be told the demos did the damage for me, I was on the fence about paying so much for it & when I saw how relatively rough around the edges the game looked, it definitely put me off buying on release.
From everything I have seen though, the bugs and performance issues are still there. Though it seems to be Assassin's Creed Unity situation. Where someone people are getting all the bugs, while others are luckily getting a couple of issues. Though I did read something about how the game has been corrupting save files, so I really recommend back ups for those looking to not lose progress.

In general I am worried about these trends with companies avoiding reviews. This reminds me of Bethesda starting to do something similar, and they started with some really good games, so I think gamers at first took it okay. And then he bad ones started rolling out without proper reviews.

From everything I have seen though, the bugs and performance issues are still there. Though it seems to be Assassin's Creed Unity situation. Where someone people are getting all the bugs, while others are luckily getting a couple of issues. Though I did read something about how the game has been corrupting save files, so I really recommend back ups for those looking to not lose progress.

In general I am worried about these trends with companies avoiding reviews. This reminds me of Bethesda starting to do something similar, and they started with some really good games, so I think gamers at first took it okay. And then he bad ones started rolling out without proper reviews.

I had several glitches. Twice my ability to compete a challenge was made impossible cause I couldn't interact with the objects I needed to, so had to load from a checkpoint. I also had a couple times the cut scenes were skipping frames. Thor it feels like I had the most glitches with. Maybe he requires more animation or something, but a couple times it feels like the frame rate dropped bad with Thor. Especially late in the game.

Better than Madden's Metacritic score :o

Konami & PES have helped somewhat trigger this I feel. Madden/FIFA are essentially the same thing in that they release every year with very little improvements.. sometimes even still containing bugs from the previous instalment. Basically, they're just roster updates at full price.

PES/Konami rather than release a full priced game, at least for this year anyway, released basically an update DLC for their 2020 game that updates visuals such as kits, sponsors, stadium & most importantly roster updates at half the price.

It certainly seems like they should have postponed the launch for another 2-3 months, releasing a game priced like this, that seems to unfinished or unpolished should I say, is a lot more damaging than any financial loses the publisher might take by postponing it.

I just wish they’d gone all out with this as we’d all be playing it hardcore from launch.
When it was revealed, the game looked off to me, but I thought maybe they'd pull it off and I am genuinely excited to play it at some point. It seems that for a lot of people who do have issues with it, there is some legit fun to be had and I am sure the additional characters will make it even more enjoyable. But it does feel very much like they didn't get to do what they wanted to in the end. In terms of publisher decisions and time.

It certainly seems like they should have postponed the launch for another 2-3 months, releasing a game priced like this, that seems to unfinished or unpolished should I say, is a lot more damaging than any financial loses the publisher might take by postponing it.
Every time they postpone Cyberpunk I get annoyed. But as someone who played the Witcher 3 from day one, I understand why they keep doing it. Games of this size have a lot of little thing that can go wrong, and when they seem to be working straight up on content straight to release day, the bug issue is going to be madness.

Watching the reviews... when this goes down to 5 bucks I am buying it just to play the story mode. :lmao:

I had several glitches. Twice my ability to compete a challenge was made impossible cause I couldn't interact with the objects I needed to, so had to load from a checkpoint. I also had a couple times the cut scenes were skipping frames. Thor it feels like I had the most glitches with. Maybe he requires more animation or something, but a couple times it feels like the frame rate dropped bad with Thor. Especially late in the game.
Blah. I wonder if the Thor specific issue is with the animation with his lightning. Probably isn't easy to render all that, and the mountains of enemies you seem to run into in this game.

A lot of glitches seems to range from annoying to I can't believe that made it into the game. I will say though one I do enjoy, is this weird Cap one. You know it will be fixed, so I don't have too much trouble with it being in at the start. He kind of looks like Red Skull. :hehe:

Every time they postpone Cyberpunk I get annoyed. But as someone who played the Witcher 3 from day one, I understand why they keep doing it. Games of this size have a lot of little thing that can go wrong, and when they seem to be working straight up on content straight to release day, the bug issue is going to be madness.

I am less annoyed about postponements of a game than I am about paying for a game that seems unfinished and/or lacking content.

Did Witcher 3 have a bad launch? I bought the GOTY version of Witcher 3 in the Christmas Steam sales on PC & have still yet to play it.

I am less annoyed about postponements of a game than I am about paying for a game that seems unfinished and/or lacking content.

Did Witcher 3 have a bad launch? I bought the GOTY version of Witcher 3 in the Christmas Steam sales on PC & have still yet to play it.
No, it wasn't close to awful and that was because they delayed it a good 6 months. It had a lot of glitches, the game was huge and that was always going to happen, but most were pretty harmless in comparison to say something like Fallout or Elder Scrolls. Because of this, there was a lot of fun posting all the crazy stuff that could happen in the game. My personal favorite being your horse ending up on the top of houses randomly. :funny:

Fighting bad guys is fun and each character I think handles well. The biggest issues the game has are:

1 - Not enough proper boss fights

2 - Not enough emphasis on the Avengers people want to play as in the campaign. I think doing a Reassemble story with a young POV protagonist was not the best way to go. Should have just been about the Avengers and getting them together quicker

3 - Side missions are all basically identical. Harms replay value on multi-player

4 - Why on Earth is the campaign not repayable? Completely stupid and not forgivable.

Those are my major game issues.

I'm not very far, but I agree. I find playing with Kamala to be fun, but I wish we didn't have to wait so long to play with other characters.

Boss fights haven't been anything special, but I've only done a couple so far

Konami & PES have helped somewhat trigger this I feel. Madden/FIFA are essentially the same thing in that they release every year with very little improvements.. sometimes even still containing bugs from the previous instalment. Basically, they're just roster updates at full price.

PES/Konami rather than release a full priced game, at least for this year anyway, released basically an update DLC for their 2020 game that updates visuals such as kits, sponsors, stadium & most importantly roster updates at half the price.
That’s a step forward at least. I can’t see EA doing anything like that.

Reactions: B
Watching the reviews... when this goes down to 5 bucks I am buying it just to play the story mode. :lmao:

Blah. I wonder if the Thor specific issue is with the animation with his lightning. Probably isn't easy to render all that, and the mountains of enemies you seem to run into in this game.

A lot of glitches seems to range from annoying to I can't believe that made it into the game. I will say though one I do enjoy, is this weird Cap one. You know it will be fixed, so I don't have too much trouble with it being in at the start. He kind of looks like Red Skull. :hehe:

So Glad i didn't get that, got commander Rogers and WW2 upgraded
20200907_093755.jpg 20200907_093822.jpg

Marvel's Avengers
Even the score on OpenCritic keeps dropping... :dry:

No, it wasn't close to awful and that was because they delayed it a good 6 months. It had a lot of glitches, the game was huge and that was always going to happen, but most were pretty harmless in comparison to say something like Fallout or Elder Scrolls. Because of this, there was a lot of fun posting all the crazy stuff that could happen in the game. My personal favorite being your horse ending up on the top of houses randomly. :funny:
Yup, W3 definitely wasn't perfect on release and I expect CP2077 to be the same when it's out. New Vegas is my favourite modern Fallout game but it had a lot of issues on its initial release as well. It took a couple of months until Obsidian made it great.

That is why I wait for GOTY/Director's Cut editions months/years later which include all DLCs and expansions, majority of bugs fixed and, for some games, missing content that didn't make the initial release.

In the story, I think the most aggravating character they did dirty was Thor. At least Cap gets a lot to do when he comes on board in the final mission, which basically gives Cap 2 fairly lengthy levels. So Cap sort of catches up, but one wishes you could use him way earlier. Thor though is so done dirty. You get the portion in the beginning, which is short. Then you get to fight a few hordes when he comes in during the Helicarrier set piece. Awesome entrance, but then he just leaves! He never once gets a proper level within the story. Everyone else does, but all you get with Thor is brief sections in larger set pieces. Weak and stupid. Also, his Iconic mission's ending is so unsatisfactory. Teases you with a potential boss batltle with a Thor doppelganger, then the imposter just...leaves and you get a horde :dry:

Garbage

I got The Witcher 3 quite late and missed all that fun.

So far I haven't really experienced awful glitches in Avengers but characters in some custcenes do look a bit rough at times. And Hulk inside the Quinjet is bad :hehe:

Hello everyone! After spending the weekend playing Avengers, it seems like I've been playing A LOT of the story campaign, but it's still telling me only a small percentage of the game is complete. Also, it seems to throw a lot at you at once, as if the game is convoluted just for the sake of being convoluted.

Either that, or I've been away from games for too long. As a comic fan, I was REALLY excited for this. I just wanted to crush things like Hulk or call lightning on enemies like Thor. I could care less about costumes, gear upgrades or loot. Just give me good action & story.

More power to you guys that are easily combing through this game. I wish I was able to have that same experience.

There's a lot of MCU references in this game one notable one is Cap's picture of Peggy . As well as an audio file letter that Steve wrote to Peggy.

IMG_a49bf57a-e7dd-4022-99aa-7d96edff097a.png

From footage I watched, reviews I passed through, and thoughts I read here.. I'm getting the impression this is another TMNT: Out of the Shadows (game has nothing to do with the film of the same name) with its slow movement and combat, mixed with Spider-Man 3 (the PS2 game that made all gangs basically palette swaps with similar movements) in variety of enemies.

I think I'll give this game a pass and replay the LEGO games instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"