STAR TREK 13 News and Discussion

Reaction score
Lucien from BuzzHub tells us: "I attended a public interview with Zachary Quinto at the Galway Film Festival in Ireland on Friday, and during it, he revealed that Paramount have told the Star Trek cast that they're planning to shoot ST3 in 2014, and that J.J. still wants to direct! He also told the audience he does not want to be in Episode VII, but he would like to cameo in The Big Bang Theory!"

To quote exactly what Quinto said about "Star Trek": "Star Trek 3 should be filming, I suppose, next year. It’s going to be made a lot quicker than the last one. That’s the plan, although nothing is confirmed yet."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...into-gives-update-on-the-next-star-trek-movie

I hope this happens so it would be released in 2015!:woot:

Damn it Abrams... he's going on my **** list for good if he ****s up Star Wars trying to direct both these movies at the same time.

I call BS, no way is Disney going to let him focus on anything other than Star Wars for 2014. Also would they be that desperate to rush out a sequel in 2015 when the freakin 50th anniversary of the whole franchise is only 1 year later?

Yeah there's no way he's directing both movies. Keep dreaming.

Yeah, he is not directing both. Anways, if it's shooting next year, I wonder what the release date will be. Maybe they'll just go through 2 years of Post-Production to coincide with the 50th anniversary.

That would rule out Edgar Wright as director. No way he could direct Star Trek (X)III and Ant-Man at the same time.

no video not true. Quinto is not that stupid to say this .

I think pre-production will start in 2014, then shooting will begin in 2015 with a release date sometime in 2016.

“You can never see enough Klingons, and I think in this film we’ve given the audience a little taste, but there’s also a promise that there’s a larger conflict on the horizon, and that would be fun to see,” Lindelof told HeyUGuys.

Lindelof also teased the possible comeback of Cumberbatch, adding:

“To answer that question would be to determine whether or not he actually survives this movie,” he said. “But if he survives this movie, I think that we would be incredibly stupid to not use him again.”

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/zachary-quinto-reveals-new-star-trek-movie-could-begin-filming-next-year-sherlocks-benedict-cumberbatch-could-be-back/

I just want to see the Enterprise out in deep space. Less shooting, more talking.

Talk of a 2014 shoot for the next Star Trek movie may have been just a little hasty...

A week or two back, Zachary Quinto sent speculation about the next Star Trek movie into overdrive, where he gave an interview suggesting that the third film in the rebooted franchise would be in production in 2014, with JJ Abrams directing.

Zap2It caught up with Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness producer and co-writer Roberto Orci at Comic-Con however, and he threw some fresh light on said rumours. "I'd love to have JJ back", he said, although inevitably that's going to be quite difficult given JJ Abrams' commitment to Star Wars: Episode VII. It's still early days though. "We're still talking to Paramount about what the scheduling might be", admitted Orci, "and it was can all do it together again". He did read Qunto's comments though, and joked that "does [he] know something I don't? I'd better call him!"

We suspect the chances of Star Trek 3 or 13 (depending on your preference) going into production next year are not high.

Orci is also working on the planned reboot of The Mummy movie series, and that appears to be going better. "We just got a great script from by Jon Spaihts and we're hoping to be shooting that in the new year", he confirmed.

More news on both projects as we hear it.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star-trek/26519/robert-orci-on-next-star-trek-film-and-mummy-reboot

I just want to see the Enterprise out in deep space. Less shooting, more talking.
The problem is that talking does not bring in the cash. Explosions do.

Does anyone think that Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman are going to return? They just wrote the script for the Amazing Spider-Man 2, so I guess the chances of having them return for the third film will depend on the success of that movie. If they don't return, maybe they will have time to write Star Trek 3.

The problem is that talking does not bring in the cash. Explosions do.

Does anyone think that Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman are going to return? They just wrote the script for the Amazing Spider-Man 2, so I guess the chances of having them return for the third film will depend on the success of that movie. If they don't return, maybe they will have time to write Star Trek 3.

Probably.

Although I don't buy what Quinto said about ST3 going into production next year, I think it will certainly go into pre-production in 2014. They have to start working on a script and search for a replacement for JJ Abrams as director. Then filming can begin in 2015, and the movie could be released in 2016 for Star Trek's 50th anniversary.

This time, I think Paramount needs to really build more hype for Star Trek 3 than they did with Into Darkness. Bring the movie to Comic-Con 2015, and release a teaser trailer a year before the release. If they are going to do something epic, such as a full out Klingon War, this movie could really be HUGE. Bigger than STID. And I think it could be a box office hit if they really play their cards right.

I hope they return, Star Trek 1 and 2 were amazing. They made me into a trek fan.

It doesn't look like the writers will be returning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rUusqAkCqI

--------------------------------------------------------

Is JJ Abrams starting to remind anyone of Bryan Singer? He directed the first two X-Men films, but left when he found out he could direct Superman Returns instead of directing a third movie. Both films were basically failures.

Now JJ Abrams left to direct Star Wars instead of a third Star Trek.

I highly doubt JJ will make Star Wars as unforgivably dull as Singer made Superman.

I also doubt Paramount is going to hand the reins of the ST franchise to a complete hack. JJ will still be involved in the third in the same way that he was involved with Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, so I'm sure he'll have his say about who takes his place.

If he stays as Producer, I will be happy. I think I'm more worried about new writers taking over though.

And more importantly Fringe. :o:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"