Star Trek: First Contact

Cosmic

Mystic
Reaction score
This movie is on Sci-Fi right now. I said I was going to watch the Colts game, but I never get tired of seeing First Contact. It's one of those movies that I appreciate more with the passage of time. It's also my second favorite Trek movie, after Wrath of Khan.

The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!

It's also my second favorite Trek movie, after Wrath of Khan.

Same here Bro. They are arguabley the two best and the only two I bother to own on DVD.
Hopefully the Prequel movie will measure up.

Hands down the best Star Trek movie.

"So you're all astronauts on some sort of... star trek?"

My favorite Trek film. I am also a hardcore Trekkie. :up:

Its my second fav., right behind W.O.K.

I just bought Generations, Insurrection, and Nemesis on DVD.
MY COLLECTION IS COMPLETE!!!
Now I can have an all day Star Trek moviethon.
And First Contact is one of my favorite movies of all time!

I love everything about this movie, easily the BEST movie of the TNG crew. one of my fave bits is when you see the the all new Enterprise E appear on screen for the first time playing that WONDERFULL Jerry Goldsmith score. oh and the deflector dish sequence still has me go 'how the bad place did they do that' sometimes.

71ov7mu.jpg

oh and i think the "E" is the best looking ship to bear the name, ENTERPRISE :woot:

I love everything about this movie, easily the BEST movie of the TNG crew. one of my fave bits is when you see the the all new Enterprise E appear on screen for the first time playing that WONDERFULL Jerry Goldsmith score. oh and the deflector dish sequence still has me go 'how the bad place did they do that' sometimes.

71ov7mu.jpg

oh and i think the "E" is the best looking ship to bear the name, ENTERPRISE :woot:
It really is one of the best designs they've ever come up with.
My favorite ship design will always be the Intrepid class.:woot:

71ov7mu.jpg

I agree with that sentiment. When they decide to initiate self destruct sequence in that movie I was disapointed..but it didn't come to pass.

I wish Hawke had lived. It would have been interesting to see a character introduced in the NG films stay for a sequel.

I'm not a big Trek fan nowadays, but I still watch this one whenever it comes on TV. Great movie, and nothing compares to it but WOK. The music that plays during the opening credits is amazingly beautiful.

The CGI in this movie beats some and if not MOST of the CGI in todays movies, its looks very realistic.

The CGI in this movie beats some and if not MOST of the CGI in todays movies, its looks very realistic.
It's like Jurassic Park and T2, it looks impossibly ahead of it's time.

It's like Jurassic Park and T2, it looks impossibly ahead of it's time.

Seriously i mean this kills the space scene in Episode 3, even though that was still wonderfully done and absolutely breath taking, it just had something to it that Episode 3 didnt. Please don't flame Star Wars we all know we have a place for it in our hearts its just that in this instance im saying Trek topped it.

Seriously i mean this kills the space scene in Episode 3, even though that was still wonderfully done and absolutely breath taking, it just had something to it that Episode 3 didnt. Please don't flame Star Wars we all know we have a place for it in our hearts its just that in this instance im saying Trek topped it.
I :heart: ROTS.:woot:

As do we all on some level. lol

It's gonna play in about an hour over here. I haven't watched this movie completely so nows my chance :)

My favourite Trek movie.

The Borg Queen is hot in a creepy way :heart:

My favourite Trek movie.

The Borg Queen is hot in a creepy way :heart:
My friend and I had this discussion awhile back.
We both felt that she was hot, but her skin would feel like Christina Aguilara's when she was in her "dirrrty" phase.

Not perfect because it moves too fast, and has its silly moments, but as far as giving each character some room to be fleshed out and have some kind of depth within a cool story in a star trek, this is as good as it gets. I love the score too. :word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"