Star Trek Movies.

Dr. Fate said:
I've always had a soft spot for Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.

That used to be my favorite.

livrule said:
TNG crew were wasted ... Apart from First Contact they were never given a chance.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was sitting back and waiting for a Picard/Q based movie ? ........... They were always the best episodes and a solid script could have produced something great.

Star Trek: The Return of Q.

:wow: :up: :up:

...I wish.
Yet we get an bland, extended TNG episode (Insurrection) which wasn't bad, but should've been on par with a movie than a TV episode and we get Nemesis, which was OK, but ripped many elements from 'Khan'. The Picard clone was a great idea, but Stuart Baird didn't do anything right. Jonathan Frakes should've directed again. He did great with First Contact. Insurrection being bad was ALOT more the writers' fault, than his.

Warhammer said:
Star Trek: The Return of Q.

:wow: :up: :up:

...I wish.
Yet we get an bland, extended TNG episode (Insurrection) which wasn't bad, but should've been on par with a movie than a TV episode and we get Nemesis, which was OK, but ripped many elements from 'Khan'. The Picard clone was a great idea, but Stuart Baird didn't do anything right. Jonathan Frakes should've directed again. He did great with First Contact. Insurrection being bad was ALOT more the writers' fault, than his.

I agree with you somewhat about Insurrection. I don't think it was terrible. I just think it was lacking and lightweight, esp. with the good stuff going on on DS9 at the same time. And coming after First Contact. I expected more than an extended episode.

I also would've liked Q to be in the final TNG film. Perhaps an adaptation of sorts of Peter David's "Q-Squared".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"