Stand-Alone Movies Star Wars Anthology Film II - The Replacement Director Awakens

I'd say I called it, but who didn't? :o

Of course he is off the project. He embarrassed Disney by skipping their big party. Good for them for firing him.

Disney cannot afford to put someone on a Star Wars movie who may not show up for work.

So they didn't want him there and what's going on with Fantastic Four made them nervous. Still not great news for him.

Not a surprise. Now I wonder who they will get to replace him. Not that they have to rush, that film won't be out for another 3 years.

For people holding Trank's skipping the "big party" against him...

https://twitter.com/THRMattBelloni/status/594282511385038848

This doesn't surprise me, as looking at some of the FF stuff, he has a tendancy to stick his foot in his mouth. And he doesn't handle twitter that well.

Not going to lie, I am disapointed. There is clearly something going on, and I hope Trank gets his life straightend out. He was the kind of talent Kennedy was looking for, so I am curious to see who replaces him.

I think Trank does have talent and I think Chronicle is a very good film so overall I wish him well in his career and life of course. Whatever is going on with him, I hope he somehow pulled off a decent Fantastic Four film and gets things back on track.

He pissed off Disney AND Fox/Kinberg. Dude committed career suicide.

I think Trank does have talent and I think Chronicle is a very good film so overall I wish him well in his career and life of course. Whatever is going on with him, I hope he somehow pulled off a decent Fantastic Four film and gets things back on track.

FF looks like it could be a good film. Just not a FF film.

Give this to Joseph Kosinski. I need to see him on a Star Wars movie.

Last edited:
Jeff Sneider says he heard Chronicle was fixed in post and he's barely involved with F4 now.

I dunno, he has a great visual eye and that is about it.

Exactly, no Koskinski for me.

On the Trank news... Disappointing, but yeah, it was basically a countdown after Celebration.

Don't let Kane hear you two. :o

For people holding Trank's skipping the "big party" against him...

https://twitter.com/THRMattBelloni/status/594282511385038848
This is like way, way, way worse. They didn't want him there for a reason.

Talent yes. But something is going on here. He went from one of the best gigs in Hollywood, to an apparent problem child.

How much must it suck to have Star Wars... STAR WARS on your schedule... and then not.

I dunno, he has a great visual eye and that is about it.

I loved Oblivion, and really liked Tron, and between the two you can see tons of SW influence. I just think he'd kill it.

His rise was too meteoric. He should have put out several quality films before being hired for FF and SW. Judging his capabilities off of one film, Chronicle, was poor judgment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"