• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rebels Star Wars Rebels Season 4: An Open Discussion

Well ****. That was strange. Even for star wars. I liked it tho.

Ahsoka's alive. Saved in a very unexpected way. Palpatine didn't get his decrepit hands on the Temple. And the out of time portals could be used to do some interesting stuff with the canon and it gives Lucasfilm a built in mechanism to reboot the franchise if they ever feel it's necessary. Oh and speaking of Palpatine, this is imo the creepiest Sidious has ever been. That was straight fantasy style dark magic he was employing. Wish we could get this more overt type of magic in the films.

As the past years have shown, that can also overcomplicate and even implode a popular franchise. I hope they never turn to that to be honest.

I'm a bit conflicted about the device, but I'm intrigued to see where it goes.

Kanan's Ghost putting his hand on Hera's shoulder made me a lot sadder than it should.

I liked the episode, especially the artwork on the temple. That looked great, but I'm not sure about the time travel device yet. It's definitely interesting, but I'm not sure how I feel yet.

Technically it's not time travel. Ezra wasn't traveling through time. He was entirely outside of time in a higher dimension that allows him and others to see time as it really is: all moments happening all at once. Rather than the way we perceive it in a linear A to B way. Its similar to the tesseract scene in Interstellar when Cooper could see all those moments from his daughter's life happening at the same time.

Last edited:
Technically it's not time travel. Ezra wasn't traveling through time. He was entirely outside of time in a higher dimension that allows him and others to see time as it really is: all moments happening all at once. Rather than the way we perceive it in a linear A to B way. Its similar to the tesseract scene in Interstellar when Cooper could see all those moments from his daughter's life happening at the same time.

Wibbly wobbly. Timey wimey. It basically sounds like an elaborate version of time travel to me.

I personally don't see any problems with there being an arcane and mystical method of screwing around with time, especially not in a series that is at its core largely fantasy. I also don't think they'll abuse it too much either.

I personally don't see any problems with there being an arcane and mystical method of screwing around with time, especially not in a series that is at its core largely fantasy. I also don't think they'll abuse it too much either.

Yeah I think its just about expanding people's understanding of what the Force really is and what it is really capable of, which is something they have tried to do a few times over the years. Its an energy field that connects all life yet most people see it as something Jedi use to jump around while they are waving their lightsabers around.

[YT]3nSpDEFO3tY[/YT]

Got caught up on the new episodes this morning. Man, that was a goosebumpy two hours. I love it when this show is motivated.

Being that the temple was destroyed, it might be awhile until we see the concept used again since it's the only gateway we know of.

But obviously the concept is still out there of how powerful the Force really is. I'm also of the belief that this 'space' is likely related to force visions thru time.

Also wanted to say, that yes the Closed Captioning verified Jyn's voice.

-Todd

I'm not sure if this means Ezra could change the past or if the time meddling was operating on a "whatever happened happened" rule. Ahsoka appeared to be alive at the end of Season 2, so it's possible that Ezra didn't (couldn't) really change anything. He always pulled her out, she always survived.

Speaking of which, are we to assume Ahsoka's been on the Sith planet this whole time?

If they ever use a device like this again in the franchise, i realy hope they keep it that way of time itself not changing, but being predetermined. Pretty much the same thing Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban did. That keeps things from becoming too confusing like what hapened with Star Trek and the X-Men films.

Even though it didn't work on the finished film, the fact that Anakin's fall was influenced by visions that only became true due to him trying to change them was a pretty good idea. The fact that Palpatine was determined to physicaly reach this place also opens more conflicts besides the usual "let's blow planets and rebels" conflict.

If they ever use a device like this again in the franchise, i realy hope they keep it that way of time itself not changing, but being predetermined. Pretty much the same thing Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban did. That keeps things from becoming too confusing like what hapened with Star Trek and the X-Men films.

I'm glad you brought up Harry Potter because that's one of the reasons I'm not sure how I feel about this. I hated the time travel plot in PoA (and how because of it, we ended up with The Cursed Child...*shudders*)

I suppose it's just some place to dump Ezra without really killing him on a kid's show, which in itself is a shame that he gets that pass when Kanan, a more interesting character didn't.

I'm glad you brought up Harry Potter because that's one of the reasons I'm not sure how I feel about this. I hated the time travel plot in PoA (and how because of it, we ended up with The Cursed Child...*shudders*)

I suppose it's just some place to dump Ezra without really killing him on a kid's show, which in itself is a shame that he gets that pass when Kanan, a more interesting character didn't.

I also thought about bringing Cursed child up but i'm not even sure it's completely canon. The time travel in that story was a direct contradiction of how it worked in Prisoner of Azkaban. As long as Star Wars keeps to the rules, it's gonna be fine. If it introduces the idea that like in Back to the Future, the past can be changed, the franchise could enter slow implosion.

I’m with you on this one I don’t see any problems with it at all in any way. Works for me and I’m excited to see what they do with this maybe further down the road. But these last two episodes were so freaking good, especially A World Between Worlds. One of the best episodes this season and IMO of the series. Absolutely loved it.

Being that the temple was destroyed, it might be awhile until we see the concept used again since it's the only gateway we know of.

But obviously the concept is still out there of how powerful the Force really is. I'm also of the belief that this 'space' is likely related to force visions thru time.

Also wanted to say, that yes the Closed Captioning verified Jyn's voice.

-Todd

The portal dimension has a bunch of portals so there are pobbably gateways in other temples. There might even be one in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Palpatine somehow accessed the portal dimension on his end so there must have been a gateway somewhere on Coruscant.

I figure all the gateways and portals were locked until Ezra unlocked the gateway on Lothal. Once he unlocked that gateway it opened all the portals and Sidious was able to open one on his end. Now that Ezra has resealed the Gateway on Lothal its closed off the other portals and gateways until someone else figures out how open them again.

Last edited:
We've seen Ahsoka survived at the end of the 2nd season. I felt she would have survived on her own without Ezra's involvement.

If Ezra did resealed the portals, then Ahsoka couldn't use any portals on the Sith temples and that she may have been on Malachor for the last couple of seasons. Or she could use one of the Sith Temple portals just before Ezra resealed them.

A World Between Worlds really didn't bring back Ahsoka, but to show us how she survived. It was really unnecessary to show us how she survived.

I’m with you on this one I don’t see any problems with it at all in any way. Works for me and I’m excited to see what they do with this maybe further down the road. But these last two episodes were so freaking good, especially A World Between Worlds. One of the best episodes this season and IMO of the series. Absolutely loved it.

This show has had great episodes before (and some not so great), but these two might be the best Filoni's ever done. The whole back half of this season has been him upping his game.

This show has had great episodes before (and some not so great), but these two might be the best Filoni's ever done. The whole back half of this season has been him upping his game.

Agreed he’s really stepping up for the end of this series.

Fan video of all the voices heard in the nexus point.

I'll be checking out the finale tonight at Disney Studios along with a live Q&A with the cast and crew.

Some photos I took from the world premiere

28685869_10111268035328750_5565519276540327266_n.jpg

28577865_10111268035393620_1693982949370531228_n.jpg

28576461_10111267920199470_2513256633853621988_n.jpg

28378552_10111267920384100_6687876658672380169_n.jpg

28661260_10111267904391150_7844574999939874419_n.jpg

28471362_10111267874845360_2287744349489492022_n.jpg

28575714_10111267383974070_6609573554852437510_n.jpg

28661460_10111267383744530_4417494773510965370_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics