Starcraft 2!

This game has a pretty cool game case, basically like World Of Warcraft box with opening flap at front.
Comes with World Of Warcraft 10 day guess pass and two Stacraft II guest pass, if anyone wants one just ask.

Last edited:
Just got my collectors edition.

Yea I'm letting my cousin use my two passes to see if he wants it.

I've only waited 12 years and a few months for this, and finally I am installing the sequel to one of my all time favorites.

Picked up my copy last night, and I'm loving it! It is a little laggy on my mac but its still awesome to have after waiting all this time.

Anybody interested in getting a game going on Battle.net?

YO... I NEED HELP ASAP. I bought the thing. Download went to 100% and finished, then I try to launch the game... it says I need a patch, "Would you like to download it"... and the patch does not start downloading. It just keeps repeating the question. I didn't have Beta or anything... I just ordered it and installed it today. I couldn't find any links for a latest patch. Game came out today, why the hell would you need a new patch to play anyway???

I bought the collector's edition and had to download a patch as well but it worked for me. I will ask my friend who DL'ed it like you see if he figured it out.

But my impressions of this game is amazing. It feels like SC which is good. But there is enough new things and improvements that make this game just awesome. I love it. I've been playing for 7 hours straight and just can't stop. Just like the original time flies and I'm having too much fun.

Story is good, I love the Voice Acting and music, took me a while to get use to it but its awesome. And just all the stuff with Mensk is awesome, truly SC2 is a wonderful game. I'll be addicted for years to come I figure.

So it shows nothing when the updater comes up Tonie?

It's WORKING!!! TIME TO OWN U SONS OF B****ES :woot:!!!!

So I like most of you loved SC1. Bought it when I was about 12....and I have to say...the wait was worth it for me.

For other commentors saying "its like SC1 in one sense but in another its a completely different game" this is a perfect way to describe it. Its like SC1 in the learning curve is just learning all the new tech and soldiers for each race :)

Animations in game are soo awesome. I love everything about it even when the Terran Marines fire their rifles the mussle flashes light them up from the front. Its little things like that that go such a long way visually.

This is a great strategy game and Im so happy I pre ordered it.

Edit: Fat Tonie glad ya got it too! Now go tear up some campaign and meet us on the battlefield!

Last edited:
****ing Marjolaine!

(for my fellow Dragon Age Origins players).

Sigh... my slow ass comp can't even handle single player unless you want to wait more than SHH lag on its worst days... ordered a bigger memory card though. Have to say, the graphics are a bit meh. The way units die is still pretty unrealistic. Maybe it is just my ****ty graphic card, but I did expect massive improvements visually. I'll reserve judgment until I get a better feel. Just not feeling it at the moment. Still got two more expansions so who knows?

Maybe it is just my ****ty graphic card, but I did expect massive improvements visually. I'll reserve judgment until I get a better feel. Just not feeling it at the moment. Still got two more expansions so who knows?

The adventure element of single player runs in-engine.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7518/sc22010072716564857.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/933/sc22010072716513842.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1364/sc22010072714580065.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8849/sc22010072716574668.jpg

Just finished.

Wow, nice to see Raynor saved the girl AND survived. I was sure he was going to take a bullet for her and die at the end from Tychus, shame he turned out to be "bad", I rather liked him, but when I watched the intro cinematic it was clear he was working for Mengsk due to the fact that they practically out and out said it.

Still, wow - some nice scenes especially at the end with the invasion of Char. I 'm wondering who's going to be in control of the Zerg in the next campaign. Presumably the Cerberate we played as in SC1/Brood War is still alive. Can Kerrigan exert control over the Zerg despite having being "cured", that would certainly be a game changer in terms of the horrible apocalypse future Zeratul showed Raynor.

Also I said it before but it bears saying again I WISH they had gotten more of the original voice actors back.

Last edited:
Anyone have a guest pass I can have? I wanna test this game out before deciding whether or not I should get it.

Hot Starcraft II is Frying Graphics Cards, Blizzard Issues Temporary Fix

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, the first game in Blizzard's highly anticipated real-time strategy sequel trilogy launched on Tuesday. Unfortunately, the blockbuster PC title -- which is expected to sell 10 million copies or more -- had some bumps during its launch.

There were a number of minor bugs, but nothing show stopping at first. Then the reports of melting GPUs hit.

Among those affected was Adam Biessener of Game Informer whose card melted while he was live blogging about his game experience. He bemoaned, "Three hours of cursing later, I'm posting this from my wife's laptop because both my graphics card and my work laptop appear to be fried."

The problem appears to be located in the main menu, where an uncapped frame rate maxes out the GPU, in some cases pushing it to overheating and potentially permanent failure.

Blizzard has issued a response on its support site, acknowledging that it was aware of the issue, and offering a quick fix. The company writes:

Certain screens make your hardware work pretty hard

Screens that are light on detail may make your system overheat if cooling is overall insufficient. This is because the game has nothing to do so it is primarily just working on drawing the screen very quickly. A temporary workaround is to go to your Documents\StarCraft II Beta\variables.txt file and add these lines:

frameratecapglue=30

frameratecap=60

You may replace these numbers if you want to.

For eager customers who already lost a graphics card, though, that fix may prove too late. Blizzard has not announced any plans to replace the lost hardware of victims who experienced the bug.

Many customers are outraged at this. Writes one victim Lorsaire:

Why was this not addressed already before release, and why were there no breaking news warnings or updates to fix this before people started having damage done to their hardware? My Nvidia GeForce cost me more than $300 to get a good card that was great for gaming... Blizzard are you doing anything or have plans to compensate people for the damage you've created?

Of course some of the cards may be covered by manufacturer warranties. And while it does appear a bug (uncapped framerates) is partially to blame for killing off the cards, a card pushed to the max would generally not die instantly were it not for poorly engineered and/or defective cooling. It appears that the cards ultimately were done in by the double blow of both a software bug (in SC II) and hardware issues.

The game features intensely addictive multiplayer gaming between three diverse races -- the Zerg, the Protoss, and the Terrans. It also features a single player campaign in which you play a Terran rebel. Future titles -- Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void will included Protoss and Zerg campaigns, and possibly deliver new multiplayer features as well. Just beware the uncapped framerates.

Anyone have any of these issues?

I'll take my chances... I just had to upgrade my memory to run the damn thing although my comp is old. If I need a new card I'm gonna be pissed. Already 100 dollars into this ****. Been worth it thus far and I haven't even tried multiplayer yet.

Why, did your card get fried too? My memory was just a side issue. Below minimum requirements. My graphics are nowhere near as good as those stills you posted above. Don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing after reading that article.

Last edited:
I tell you what I love the shield upgrade for the Marines. It makes early game infantry attacks FAR more effective.

Dang... been playing for two days and I'm in the top 10 for a platinum league division... how does this ranking **** work? I'm only playing Terran since I am familiar with only them because of the SP campaign.

Infantry seems like the only effective weapons. Medivacs are absolutely sick. Tanks aren't as dominant as they were in SC1 which is a real bummer. Vikings are absolutely gas... waste of a unit. I also don't like how mech is almost irrelevant now. Hellions are crap and Thor's are way overdone... I think they got a little carried away when they put that in there. The Schwarzenegger voice is also pushing it. Not as good as SC1, but how could it be?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"