State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of the Jester. I'm intrigued, though.

F*** all things Ultimate.

Jester loves acting, he was rejected so he pays the world of theaters and stages back
I love how O'Neil changed the status of that guy from a "poor slob" to a great talent and skill, and DD decided to make sure he stays on stage long enough for his charm

As for Ultimate, I don't read Fantastic Four, but a fan of Spider-Man and the Avengers

The Jester is a lame attempt at the Joker. F**k that guy.

Ultimate Reed was cool, but he just wasn't Reed. He was just some other character named Reed.

I thought of him as a cheap Joker knock-off at first, but in personality this guy is no way near Mr. J

Probably closer to the Trickster than anything.

B-b-b-b-b-b-but he was tricked to think he meets this guy
ultimate-fantastic-four-21.jpg

Instead he met those
Zombies_(Earth-2149).jpg

Jester is okay. He's closer to Trickster or Prankster than Joker.

Don't know anything about Ultimate Mr. F.

UMF had his head forced into the toilet by bullies in school, and Ben was his childhood friend

Ultimate Reed was pretty much what you'd expect a teenage Reed Richards to be like. You know, if he was slightly less of a dick.

That sounds ridiculous. Reed was a child prodigy and high school is beneath him. And Reed was also a bad ass who fought in WWII. It's another case of people creating a new version of a character when they know nothing about the original version.

That sounds ridiculous. Reed was a child prodigy and high school is beneath him. And Reed was also a bad ass who fought in WWII. It's another case of people creating a new version of a character when they know nothing about the original version.

Uh, you do realize we're talking about an alternate universe version of the character that's actually not supposed to be exactly like the original, right?

No!

Not only should every existing character be exactly like it was 50 years ago, all alternate world versions should be EXACTLY the same as well!

I know you're being sarcastic, but right now, I wish DC would apply that principal. I hate the New 52.

What DC's doing is different. They're replacing the established versions of their characters with new ones that vaguely resemble how they used to be (rather than simply introducing alternates in another comic). I think a lot of us are starting to understand Kurosawa's post-Crisis hatred with the new post-Flashpoint canon.

I certainly have, I however refuse to be bitter about it and rail on and on and on about it.

Uh, you do realize we're talking about an alternate universe version of the character that's actually not supposed to be exactly like the original, right?

Fully aware of that, but even an alternate Earth Reed should have the base personality of Reed Richards, so the crap with him being bullied annoys me.

I think he's just upset that the Ultimate version is basically so twisted, it's actually disrespectful to the 616 version.

I can see what he is talking about, as I feel Ultimate Pym is such a twisted version of 616 Pym that he actually hurts 616 Pym. People thus, cannot separate the versions.

There was alot of this in the early Ultimate U, i think it's tailed off, but i think he has a viable point.

My only problem with Ultimate Pym is that people can't seem to separate his abuse of Jan from the 616 version's. The 616 version never did anything remotely as bad as the Ultimate one, yet people hear "wifebeater" and assume the 616 version must've been chasing Jan around with bug spray too. :facepalm:

Pfft... Whatever, you're just another hippy Thor fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"