State Your Opinion on a Character!!!! (Reboot) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dug Speedball.

Penance....was just....eh. :dry:

But Speedball was cool. He was pretty cool again when he was in Avengers Academy.

I. Like. SpeedBall.

But it is a pretty... um... off putting name.

X-Men_Prelude_to_Schism_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg

PROFESSOR CHARLES "CHUCK" XAVIER

He's kind of an a****** but he did a lot of good too. He's also a massive hypocrite and decided that since he could wipe minds of the bad **** he did then he would so he'd be seen as some sort of saint. Fortunately it's come back to bite him in the ass.

Oh yeah, total a-hole with the best of intentions. Also a complete badass and someone you'd want on your side.

Didn't deserve his most recent death.

I like Chucky X. He's good people. (Though that depends on both your interpretation of "good" and "people".)

He's a shady d-bag. I wish he was still around though. His death was a huge waste just like everything in AvX.

How many times has he 'died' by now anyway? I can think of four. There was the first with the shapeshifter way back in the series, he died then got cloned back, he died during the messiah thing when Hope was a baby and in AvsX.

Love Prof X. I think it's stupid to keep killing him off. I also think it's a mistake for the writers to turn him into a d-bag.

He's cool
They all have their jerk moments, I won't take that on him
Dude did a lot of good for mutants

How many times has he 'died' by now anyway? I can think of four. There was the first with the shapeshifter way back in the series, he died then got cloned back, he died during the messiah thing when Hope was a baby and in AvsX.

I was patiently waiting for him to come back in a fake-out big reveal or something until they showed his soul talking to Nightcrawler's in heaven.

On the plus side, it turns out Charlie was good enough to get into heaven. I guess he really did feel sorry for the minds he wiped, the hearts he broke, the children he deceived, and that alien AI he enslaved.

It's technically 5.

1) He faked his death with The Changling.

2) Died during a Claremont Brood story where the Shiar transferred his mind into a new, younger clone body that was able to walk.

3) Killed by Legion leading into AoA

4) Killed by Bishop at the end of Messiah Complex

5) Killed by Scott in AvX.

A few of those he came right back. He was also written out of the books in Uncanny #200 and House of M.

Well I got 4 outta 5. I just forgot Legion, who also sort of died, I think? I really have no idea what the hell happened to him and I read the issue.

Chuckie's Cool! Depending on your perspective if that dude is a savior or scumbag! which makes for him being a complex character.its not like that dude is twisting anybody's wing to be a Xmen! it either you can live in this gutter or live in my mansion,eating caviar, look at hot babes in tight spandex.. oh! and maybe die after Magneto throws a truck at you! it's your choice!
those dudes would have to be pretty stupid not to see that they are an ends to a means for him achieveing his dreams!They all know that ^&*!! especially Cyke( thats why i love that dude!) but thats what they choose. that's why Him and Mags are great characters. they are 2 of the same people each with their own agenda!
Man!to be around the white queen! i would join that ^&* Hahaha:cwink:

She's mindwipe you in five minutes.

well they say it usually take the normal male specimen only 6 seconds to... uh lets move on shall we! you are an Xmen!! there's worst things in store putting on that blue and gold outfit then getting mindwiped
hehe one of the greatest chuck moments was when he called out Thunderbird for being a little ^&*(! "you wouldnt have made it at the little big horn!"
Thunderbird.jpg

that was so wrong but devious!

I have mixed feelings about Xavier. There are times where I read stuff with him in it and I like him, but a lot of the time I just feel like he's a d***. I'm probably in the minority here, but I think he works better as a symbol than a character at this point in time. Leave him dead. I'm not saying I approve of the way he died, just that he should stay dead.

I like him in the cartoons and movies, but from what I can tell the comics have made him less than likable the past 10-15 years.

Part of Chuck's appeal is that he's a shady ****. It's the Nick Fury effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"