• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

State Your Opinion on A DC Character - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the very idea of Giganta, then the JL cartoons solidified every. Giganta FTW.

Definitely the best ape-turned-giant-redheaded-hot-chick of all time. :up:

Okay i will give you G!! She is awesome as hell!( definitely one of Wondy's better foes and pretty much in any incarnation) I will always remember when she stole Apache chief shaman dust(on superfriends.) and laughed at his ass as she sprinkled it on herself! A 9 on the rocktor! Thats a bad B*&^%$!! and I likeeees em TALL!!:cwink:

Giganta is fun on a bun. She's a giant hawt redhead who kicks ass and needs to be used more often

Everything about Giganta is bad ass. Why do people think WW has poor villains? She has damn good villains and that's not even counting the Gods.

Wonder Woman has such good villains :up:

I really hope at some point she's going to get a writer who wants to bring them all back and really show off how fab they are

Anubis said:
That's what I'm sayin'. That's just general Ignorance on most peoples part. She's got some great ones.

I don't understand why no writers want to use any of them :csad:

I like Giganta

I don't understand why no writers want to use any of them :csad:

I think the reason most of the Golden Age villains didn't make it was because of the gender-bending aspect. Not all of them did have that, but a good majority of them did, and since comics started becoming super conservative, it probably had something to do with. The Silver Age villains were mostly sci-fi inspired, and since Post-Crisis minimized that a lot with Perez's "all mythology, all the time" approach, that's probably why they went. The rest of them is due to not really having a stable status quo. It'd be great if someone dug out some of them, though. If they would have really built them, Wondie's rogues gallery would've been pretty awesome by now.

Well, that's it for Giganta.

Giant Bewbs
GigantaShrrrrip.jpg

Circe

Circe_09.jpg

FAAABULOUS!!!

The real heir to arching Wonder Woman right thar. A fantastic character IMO. WW's arch should have ties to mythology, not be some...furry who worships a plant...and with Gods and Goddesses being a huge part of WW, why not Circe? Or Ares? Or better yet Circe?

B&*^% even went so far to create an alter-ego so convincing, she even forgot she herself was Circe; just to get to WW on a personal level. WTF has Cheetah done? Having sex with Zoom? And Snapper Carr?

Circe can easily be a semi-Loki in the DC universe, and don't think a trifecta of Luthor, Joker, and Loki-lite wouldn't be awesome. Scientific genius + illogical chaos + magic. The next time the Big 3 of E.V.I.L. form again, Circe better be on that team.

Bad ass! and she should be wondy's Mirror Opposite you know like when Kirk went to the parallel world where everybody was bad and spock had a goatee! how come all evildoers like goatees!?... oops went off on a tangent. circe is a 7 on the rocktor scale except she needs to put some shoes on. Maan you cant fight crime or commit crimes with no shoes thats just nasty!!... oh and i like when she change wondy into a pig! that was just wrong!

Do not tell purple-haired goddess chicks what shoes to wear.

That's how you get turned into baby backs.

I don't think she works remotely as well as Cheetah as the dirty mirror, like some here obviously do, but I still like Circe a good deal. As I mentioned earlier, I think she is great as the Ras Al Ghul for Wonder Woman, a cautionary tale kind of character that shows what Wondie would've become had her life gone down a different path.

Hm, I guess it's kind of possible, but I generally consider those two very different roles. One is a kind of polar opposite to the character in almost every way with only maybe one certain element that connects them (like the seemingly random events that happened to transform Batman and Joker), and the other is one that shares a lot of similarities and they could be the same character if not for certain choices (like how Ras and Batman are kind of on the same page on their war on crime, just Ras decides to be decidedly more extreme in his ways).

That's how I tend to view that dynamic anyway. I don't know how exactly you could pull off both of those kind of things in one, since one includes being the opposite and the other requires being a lot of the same at the core.

How much of the same as WW is she?

She seems to be very powerful, mostly does what she does on impulse, and has no real purpose. Just a chaotic being. WW, however comes from a world of order. Power from the acceptance of bondage. They're more opposites than they are alike.

Circe does tend to have an overall purpose, though. She wants to have power. She tends to put that under the guise of her wronging by the Olympians or the stuff that happened with her daughter, but in the end, it's like Lex's hiding behind furthering human kind as he fights Superman, when really its all about ego. She has a direct connection to the Greek Gods similarly to Wonder Woman (especially now, since Wonder Woman is part of the family), and she lived in relative isolation, I believe (I don't think they did away with that, anyway), and was a princess, maybe still technically is. And I'm not sure about power from acceptance of bondage from Circe? You'll have to elaborate there, but that sounds a lot like the original Wonder Woman philosophy.

Last edited:
Needs to turn more people into sheep. Other than that, she's cool.

Circe does tend to have an overall purpose, though. She wants to have power. She tends to put that under the guise of her wronging by the Olympians or the stuff that happened with her daughter, but in the end, it's like Lex's hiding behind furthering human kind as he fights Superman, when really its all about ego. She has a direct connection to the Greek Gods similarly to Wonder Woman (especially now, since Wonder Woman is part of the family), and she lived in relative isolation, I believe (I don't think they did away with that, anyway), and was a princess, maybe still technically is. And I'm not sure about power from acceptance of bondage from Circe? You'll have to elaborate there, but that sounds a lot like the original Wonder Woman philosophy.

Not with Circe but with the amazons. That's kind of the thing WMM was trying to do, which was pretty much lost to the ages.

The real heir to arching Wonder Woman right thar. A fantastic character IMO. WW's arch should have ties to mythology, not be some...furry who worships a plant...and with Gods and Goddesses being a huge part of WW, why not Circe? Or Ares? Or better yet Circe?

B&*^% even went so far to create an alter-ego so convincing, she even forgot she herself was Circe; just to get to WW on a personal level. WTF has Cheetah done? Having sex with Zoom? And Snapper Carr?

Circe can easily be a semi-Loki in the DC universe, and don't think a trifecta of Luthor, Joker, and Loki-lite wouldn't be awesome. Scientific genius + illogical chaos + magic. The next time the Big 3 of E.V.I.L. form again, Circe better be on that team.

Great observations and you are coming at it from a very smart place, IMO.

I don't think she works remotely as well as Cheetah as the dirty mirror, like some here obviously do, but I still like Circe a good deal. As I mentioned earlier, I think she is great as the Ras Al Ghul for Wonder Woman, a cautionary tale kind of character that shows what Wondie would've become had her life gone down a different path.

I like Cheetah better than Circe myself, but I see her feud with Wonder Woman as a personal thing more than a philosophical thing, while Circe is both. I do think that ultimately. Cheetah is WW's best arch-foe but I do agree with Wolf that Circe is probably a bigger threat and a closer equal to Luthor and Joker.

Hm, I guess it's kind of possible, but I generally consider those two very different roles. One is a kind of polar opposite to the character in almost every way with only maybe one certain element that connects them (like the seemingly random events that happened to transform Batman and Joker), and the other is one that shares a lot of similarities and they could be the same character if not for certain choices (like how Ras and Batman are kind of on the same page on their war on crime, just Ras decides to be decidedly more extreme in his ways).

That's how I tend to view that dynamic anyway. I don't know how exactly you could pull off both of those kind of things in one, since one includes being the opposite and the other requires being a lot of the same at the core.

Again, I do think that she compares well to Ra's in a lot of ways.

I like Cheetah better than Circe myself, but I see her feud with Wonder Woman as a personal thing more than a philosophical thing, while Circe is both. I do think that ultimately. Cheetah is WW's best arch-foe but I do agree with Wolf that Circe is probably a bigger threat and a closer equal to Luthor and Joker.

As a bigger threat, I would probably agree with that, though filling that dark mirror I think Cheetah is better still. I'm talking about Post-Crisis, though. Pre-Crisis I think Eviless was definitely the one that Marston created for Wonder Woman as her dirty mirror. A real shame she was one of the many GA rogues that got left behind.

Dang it...sorry I missed Giganta! (Whom I like btw...)

Circe is pretty alright in my book and a great foe for WW. As Wolf-C mentioned, her being included with the mythology of Wondy's world should be a no-brainer for folks. Solid villainess

Do not tell purple-haired goddess chicks what shoes to wear.
Man! that chick better go put some shoes on!! are you kidding! you dont want to even be walking down the vegas strip with no shoes on! an if you wanna be seen with me. you better go in the house and put some damn shoes on!!
Hey! why all of sudden do i feel like sayin BAAAAAAAA!:cwink:

Don't be insulting the Cheetah :o

And the plant is Urzkatarga the god of the jungle vine. If you insult it Chuma the priest who knows kung fu is going to get mad :nono:

I like Circe :)

She's probably one of the more two dimensional of Wonder Woman's rogues as she is just all about power and doing evil because she can but she's so into it that she still makes a great villain

She really has been poorly used since one year later though. Her out of character motivations the awful on a waffle that was Amazons Attack and the tie ins to it. But she is still really neat and I'd love for her to show up again

TheCorpulent1 said:
Needs to turn more people into sheep. Other than that, she's cool.

You can never have too many scenes of people being turned into sheep in comic books :up:

Well, that's it for Circe.

HEY WUNDA WOMAN!!! F**K YOU!!!
Circe_004.jpg

For those that don't get the joke?

Ares

Ares.jpg

Ares is pretty awesome. DC's version doesn't have quite the same fun, bloodthirsty brawler appeal of Marvel's version in recent years, but he's a way bigger threat overall. God bless George Perez for debuting Ares in the post-Crisis comics with a plan to literally drown the whole goddamn world in man's savagery... that actually almost worked! :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"