• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

State Your Opinion on A DC Character - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that he was used more around the DCU instead of just in WW. One would think the god of war would be a bigger threat.

Well, one could say that about just about every villain that mostly fights one dude.

I'm not reading DCnU WW...so Ares is an old man? Good luck with that one.

My second favorite WW villain. Seems like he's been arching Wonder Girl more than WW.

....for being the Lord of war! dude kinda sucks! funny cause for years the marvel ares sucked and Dc had the opportunity to make their Ares just the man but couldnt then Marvel ares became the man and this dude looks like a rookie. He should be OH *&^%$!! we have to get everybody together but its oh ares...oh well wondy can handle him by herself. A 4 on the sukometer!

I have both DC and Marvel Ares at about the same opinion, not bad, but both could be used a bit better and a bit more active in their respective universes (more so the DCU version at this point actually). I like him, but I'm usually left wanting for more outta the character

Ares is pretty fab :up:

He's got a neat design and I dug the way that Perez and Rucka wrote him post crisis. Other than those two though he hasn't been used that well and Rucka's big storyline for him got messed up by the stupidity of Infinite Crisis and DC kicking Rucka off Wonder Woman's book despite him being the best writer to handle the character post crisis :csad:

Ares has probably gotten the least oppurtunity to show how :awesome: he could be out of all of Wonder Woman's post crisis foes :csad:

DC's Ares was pretty cool, The Perez version was very impressive visually.

He looked really intimidating :up:

Rucka's version was epic hawtness. His hatred of wearing shirts and fondness for tight pants pleased me :ninja:

I liked Rucka's evolution of the gods to more modern iterations. :up:

Yep and having Athena take control of Olympus and Ares become god of the underworld was a neat development as well. So of course everyone decided to ignore these interesting developments and the great way he wrote Wonder Woman so they could tell stories about Granny Goodness and write the Amazons as genocidal morons instead :o

Why did DC ever get rid of him on Wonder Woman. The series just got worse and worse after he left :csad:

Well, that's it for Ares, God of War.

CAAAAAAN YOU DIG ITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
1107672-ares__02__005__01__super.png

John Constantine

constantine.jpg

Constantine is :awesome: sauce. Love him both in the Swamp Thing and his own ongoing series as well :up:

I haven't read enough of his stuff. Seems like a cool premise though. I just have no idea where to start with Hellblazer.

The Garth Ennis stories are probably the best starting point. They be out in trade paperback :up:

And strangely lovable despite being an utter **** sometimes

I like Constantine. Surly, know-it-all Englishmen are usually pretty cool.

I also liked the movie. There, I said it. :oldrazz:

It has its own unique Keanulicious charm to it.

Also, VeeDub guy as Satan. You can't go wrong with that.

The actress who played the angel was all kinds of hawt and :awesome: and I am really annoyed I cannot remember her name

She was also the White Witch in the Narnia films :up:

Oh what is her name. Damn. She was great in Michael Clayton.

Tilda Swinton.

I seen her get pounded in like, 5 different movies. One as both a dude and a chick. :up:

She looks a lot more like David Bowie to me, to be honest. But Conan had a whole bit about looking like her on his show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"