The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on how loose you want to use the reboot term. The only two true blue hard reboots have been COIE and New 52. But, as Kevan stated above, there's been a lot of 'soft reboots' that altered canon without outright restarting it.

It depends on how loose you want to use the reboot term. The only two true blue hard reboots have been COIE and New 52. But, as Kevan stated above, there's been a lot of 'soft reboots' that altered canon without outright restarting it.

That's pretty much what I was looking for. These Identity and Final Crises stories or whatever...threw me off.

So ho w many parallel worlds are there now?

I think it's 52. They seem to like that number for some reason.

Marvel has a bajillion or so but DC only wants 52.

Since none of the DC superheroes remember Crisis on Infinite Earths, how does Wally West/everyone else think Barry Allen died?

He died doing something after running away from his trial for murder.

BARRY! :argh:

Did DC's recent run of He-Man & The Masters of the Universe comics end with the Eternity War?

What's Superboy up to lately?

What villians know Batman's secret identity? I know continutiy has been rebooted several times but its amazing how his identity can even still be secret all these decades later. DC in general really

Its funny how DC and Marvel handle it differently bc outside of Spider-Man, most of the main heroes dont really have secret identities and its my understanding that the DC ones do

What villians know Batman's secret identity? I know continutiy has been rebooted several times but its amazing how his identity can even still be secret all these decades later. DC in general really

Its funny how DC and Marvel handle it differently bc outside of Spider-Man, most of the main heroes dont really have secret identities and its my understanding that the DC ones do

A lot of people in the League of Assassins, not just Ra's and Talia, but even the foot soldiers seem to know, Hugo Strange, Hush, Joker, The Court of Owls (between the League and the Court, that's over a thousand right there), Batwoman's dad (the leader of the Colonials over in Detective Comics), Earth 3 Owlman, Earth 1 Owlman, the Riddler (still? could have been retconned), Cluemaster (he's dead), Amanda Waller. That's just off the top of my head.

Clayface may or may not know. He found out but was tricked into thinking Bruce isn't Batman. Then again, he's on a team with Batman, Batwoman, Red Robin, Spoiler, and Orphan, and all of them except Batman have been unmasked and/or given their real names in front of Clayface.

Last edited:
Is Secret Origins now Superman's canonical origin?

Did Black Adam say Shazam! in the New 52 regarding his powers?

Are there any trades focusing on Blue Devil/Dan Cassidy?

Can DC Comics produce comics based on Silverhawks since they're gearing up for a Thundercats/He-Man crossover and published some Thundercats comics a while back? I know it's not likely to happen but I was just wondering if they had the option.

I can't tell you for sure, but Marvel was actually the one to publish the last series in the '80s, I believe. I'm not sure if that means anything, but a lot of Marvel published content like that based on shows and whatnot ended up being published by third parties not (particularly IDW). Not sure where that leaves the license, though.

I can't tell you for sure, but Marvel was actually the one to publish the last series in the '80s, I believe. I'm not sure if that means anything, but a lot of Marvel published content like that based on shows and whatnot ended up being published by third parties not (particularly IDW). Not sure where that leaves the license, though.

Thank you.

Alright, so the big Superman story recently where he was powerless and was eventually empowered. I forget the name of it. I started it but the amount of crossovers eventually turned me off. But unfortunately I'm a collection nerd and hate that I don't have it being that I loved the Last Rites storyline and it mentions that story as part of the reason why Superman died.

So my question is... is there a streamlined path through that story that can be collected without collecting everything else around it? Between Superman, Action Comics, Batman Superman, and Superman Wonder Woman... it was just too much to keep my interest. Is there a main title or path of titles that tells the main story?

What exactly is Nightwing's animal motif? Is he basing his namesake/theme around a bat or an owl? Both are nocturnal (Night) avian (Wing) creatures. Or is he still just any given bird? Does he still use Birdarangs or Batarangs? The possible owl motif fits in nicely (coincidentally) with the Court of Owls obsession with him.

What exactly is Nightwing's animal motif? Is he basing his namesake/theme around a bat or an owl? Both are nocturnal (Night) avian (Wing) creatures. Or is he still just any given bird? Does he still use Birdarangs or Batarangs? The possible owl motif fits in nicely (coincidentally) with the Court of Owls obsession with him.

wikipedia said:
Post-Crisis, there is a different originator of the Nightwing identity. Several hundred years before the birth of Kal-El, there was a Kryptonian man who was cast out from his family and decided to take on crime as the vigilante Nightwing. When Superman tells Dick Grayson of this story, Dick takes the name for himself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightwing#Superman

What are the best Rebirth titles so far in terms of narrative/story telling quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"