Batman Begins Stupid comments your Friends made about Batman Begins?

Well, I have no friends....so, I'll mention comments I've heard other places.

Like, on G4TV....some chick called Batman in BATMAN BEGINS, a "whimp". I mean, wtf???

She also said, "Why's his voice like that? I mean it's nothing like his normal voice, it makes no sense that he makes his voice like that".

And for christ's sake.....the "prequel" comment.....I want to beat ppl to death with that.

But, the cake goes to Katie Holmes when she was interviewed on David Letterman.....she said it was a mother****ing prequel. Yes, she actually said it was a prequel. With millions of people tuning in to find out more about her and her beau, Tommy Cruise, and having they're ears open on Batman Begins....she calls it a prequel.

I partly blame her for the "prequel" stamp some people give the movie.

"meh, another Batman movie. i'll wait for the DVD"

a few months later:

"dayum! that was a kick ass Batman movie. shuda seen that in the theater"

:rolleyes:

My friends haven't said any stupid comments. But most of the stupid comments I've read would irritate the heck out of me.

To be fair, the average movie goer-isn't quite into Batman as us Bat-geeks, I think they could be forgiven their uncaring attitude. Don't forget, the average citizen looks at people like us with much suspicion. They think perhaps we're a little too involved with a comic-book superhero. And to a certain degree, they may be right!

They are totally right but the comments they make are still stupid ;)

"Why isn't Batman wearing nipples? I thought he looked sexy wearing nipples."

"Batmans lips are thin. They're weird"

Hades said:
"Batmans lips are thin. They're weird"

That's almost more bizzare than my friend watching BEGINS and still thinking it was a sequel despite having watched the film.

"Wait a second. I thought The Joker killed Batman's parents. Who was that, whats his name, Joe Chill guy? Was he in the comic books?"

:o

Unfortunately, this was something a good friend of mine said after seeing the movie. I was digusted, but surprisingly understanding of his situation. Since all he knows of Batman is what he has seen in the movies. Kinda like Bryan Singer.

LOL. Buuuuurrrn.

Yeah, some people ONLY know the movies....which sucks when something like the Joker killing Bruce's parents happens, b/c everyone who's never read a comic starts to think it's canon.

so what this thread is saying is, some people are bat-fans, and some people aren't, which makes them stupid? come on, are we really that sad that we find non-fans' lack of knowledge amusing? that's the nerdiest thing I've ever heard

Superboy Prime said:
Unfortunately, this was something a good friend of mine said after seeing the movie. I was digusted, but surprisingly understanding of his situation. Since all he knows of Batman is what he has seen in the movies. Kinda like Bryan Singer.

Okay, please don't bring Singer and Superman Returns into this conversation. This is a Batman forum, please don't bring your bashing of SR here.

mclay18 said:
Okay, please don't bring Singer and Superman Returns into this conversation. This is a Batman forum, please don't bring your bashing of SR here.

Thats funny. The problem with your preaching is that I made a comment about Bryan Singer. And not Superman Returns. So please get off your high horse and chill out.

kenellard said:
so what this thread is saying is, some people are bat-fans, and some people aren't, which makes them stupid? come on, are we really that sad that we find non-fans' lack of knowledge amusing? that's the nerdiest thing I've ever heard
That's what I was saying, not everyone is as into Batman as we Bat-nerds are. Cut 'em some slack.

_achilles_ said:
''batman begins is nothing compared to the island''

''why does batman have that weird voice ?''

''the only good thing about this movie where the nipples from katie holmes''

''the batmobile is so ugly''

Thats not a stupid statement. Why did Batman have that weird voice?

Not a stupid comment, but a funny misunderstanding. A friend of mine thought that Cillian Murphy was supposed to be the Joker. He figured the blue flower was a setup for that.

Haha. :)

One of my friends said that they felt the film took itself too seriously. Which was absolute bull crap.

"Bale is too young for the part"
"Why does Batmans suit always have nipples on ?"
"Too boring"
"Scary movie is better"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"