Subliminal messages in the Doctor Strange movie?

I'm not sure if you understand subliminal messages.

But suppose all of the below qualify

Suggestive shapes, optical illusions, hidden messages via symbols, split second frames that show somethin and such.

Why would any of those things be in a movie? Hidden messages? This smells like a prelude to some conspiracy theory talk to me.

I'm not sure the OP knows what "subliminal" means.

It literally means "below the threshold", meaning you can't consciously perceive it because it remains below the threshold visibly or audibly. By definition, you can't see or hear it.

There were attempts to use this principle in advertising by putting one single frame of a product inside a film depicting something else in hopes that the audience would perceive this single frame and develop a craving for the product without knowing why.

They didn't.

And to answer the question, no, there won't be any of that in this or any other movie. A) it's not effective, and B) IIRC it was deemed illegal sometime in the 80s when it first came up.

I suspect the OP is talking about "hidden" messages rather than "subliminal" ones. Also called "easter eggs". I suppose those can and will be in this movie as they have been in any other MCU movie so far.

popcorn-having-a-march.gif

There might be some subtext involving the counter culture of the 60's.

But that would be true to the source material.

Dr. Strange totally symbolized an upper class, New Age hippie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"