Suicide Squad 2 or Harley Quinn Spin-off?

It should be both.

Suicide Squad could be a Harley focused movie. I actually got this idea from Grace Randolph, but I think it's a perfect compromise.

Suicide Squad: Harley vs Joker
Harley and Joker have broken up and are engaging in a very violent and destructive turf war. Waller sends in the Suicide Squad. The War of the Roses meets the Raid.

OR, Just have Harley lead the new group of SS members. Margot wants to have a female centric group, so have Poison Ivy, Cat woman etc as members of the new SS.

I'm not sure if Harley is strong enough to hold her own movie. At best she can lead in an ensemble cast providing she has a good costar to bounce off.

Last edited:
Suicide Squad 2. Have the team going up agains Joker and Harley. You could insert the more violent parts of their relationship in there and have Harley Quinn growing up and getting over the Joker as the main development of the story.

Anyway, DC should give more time for David Ayer in the next film. The fact that the film was criticaly panned, yet, did almost as much as Batman v Superman without having that kind of historic crossover, proves just how much of an asset the Suicide Squad brand could be to them. I doubt most of the DC solo films will even do as much. Everything points out to DC rushing Ayer being a possible factor to SS not having been criticaly successful, which in turn, could have limited it's grossing.

I'd rather see Harley Quinn's spin-off first. I really don't want them to give Ayer another chance to misuse the Joker.

I love Harley as much as the next guy, but would much rather see SS2 first. And count me as another who would like to see Ayer return and given more freedom.

Wow. What a terrible move. A Deadshot solo film too?? Hahaha.

Wow. What a terrible move. A Deadshot solo film too?? Hahaha.

Right? And people want to call others Marvel fanboys when they criticize WB's handling of DC properties. I mean, c'mon, does anybody think this Harley Quinn with female superhero team sounds like a good idea? A Harley Quinn solo sure maybe, but why does it have to be a team movie?

Ok, I just woke up and saw the following news:

- Gotham City Sirens ... Ok, nice title I guess. Than saw that David is back... Ehhh ...

- Suicide Squad 2 in development ... Ok, that was expected. The movie made a lot of cash.

- A Deadshot movie ... Wait, what? Why? I mean, I know Will Smith is a huge star, and I think I read somewhere that he always wants to be basically the lead actor when he does movies. But does that justify a film for his character? Is the fanbase that big for Deadshot?

I actually think a Deadshot movie could be good, he has had a few solo comics, and people will know the character now more than ever.

Keep it low budget and gritty, with someone like Chris McQuarrie writing and directing and it could be a good little action movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"