Suicide Squad Deleted Scenes & Bits (SPOILERS)

Where as BvS was really more or less truncated (a lot of the extended scenes just made me go, "So what?"), this movie was just hacked to pieces. Just absolutely shredded to the point where the movie becomes unrecognizable. Characterizations, structure, pacing, all thrown out the window.

While I want more character scenes added in, this thing also needs to be rescored and reedited as well.

I didn't remember a scene resembling this set photo in the movie.
txHUueB.jpg

Where as BvS was really more or less truncated (a lot of the extended scenes just made me go, "So what?"), this movie was just hacked to pieces. Just absolutely shredded to the point where the movie becomes unrecognizable. Characterizations, structure, pacing, all thrown out the window.

While I want more character scenes added in, this thing also needs to be rescored and reedited as well.

SO true!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI0OotTjF7M/

This guy saw a screening of the movie back in May
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFrU4KtAU2z/
mr_cinephileThe early screening i saw seems to be more cohesive and story orientated.
So this is in no way me saying that Suicide Squad is bad because it isn't!
I loved it but the early screening was just better.
So I'll be doing a description and comparison between the two
SPOILERS SO DON'T *****
It opens with Amanda in the restaurant and she is listing off the squad and she starts with Harley and Joker
Harleen comes into Arkham Asylum and is quickly assigned to the joker.
She was reluctant at first cause she was scared of him but she quickly was able to get over her fears and fall in love with him.
In the film Joker does have feelings for Harley but says he isnt good at showing emotions he prefers to use his fists or guns.
That's when he asks her for a machine gun and she refuses.
He then threatens her to kill her and hurt her and is trying to intimidate hee but you can see on her face that she isn't afraid of him anymore.
She leans in and kisses him across the table and tells him she'll get him what he needs and all he says is good, I have my boys coming they'll be here soon. I'll be sure to tell them to spare you, maybe.
Cut to a couple of hours later and all these men rush in and start killing all the doctors and say to go find Mr J
Harley comes in and let's him loose and gives him his gun and he says no doll face I like making these men go night night, kisses her and grabs a bat and goes through the asylum and beats everyone with a wooden boat that would become Harley's bat.
They then cut through all the other Squad members and their backstories.
It showed how Boomerang made all his Boomerangs like knives and the camera boomerang and it was just HILARIOUS.

Killer Croc is a true Croc, living in a swamp, mutated but swimming on shore and going into his swamp side home with raw meat hanging around and a big lazy boy couch.
With Joker appearing sporadically, bit always dealing with the main plot from the background. In the early screening he kills Griggs because he heard that he was making the moves on Harley and he slices him up with a butcher's knife. And he is covered in blood and walks out and just screams. "GET ME MY HARLEY"
Cut to Diablo living with his family and goes out and does deals and is a real gang member until he gets caught by his wife and accidentally sets the house on fire killing his kids and wife. They then put him in jail and that's where he burns all the other inmates in a prison riot.
Deadshot is pretty untouched, besides a couple more lines if dialogue he doesn't have much cut from the theatrical release.
And we see more of Katana's backstory.
The movies moves on relatively untouched until we get to the bar scene
The bar scene was more about the Squad and not just Diablo and Deadshot. They were all talking about how they all ended up in the bar. Each talking about their lives and their powers and how it effects them.
mr_cinephileWe then cut to the joker and Harley having a fight in their apartment and Joker storms out leaving Harley crying and she gets pissed and gets her motorcycle and follows him onto the highway and threatens to shoot him in the head if he doesn't stop being a prick. He then slaps her and tells her that this is how he can show her his love. They then kiss and ride around for a bit until joker gets the idea to make her more like him thats when they go to Ace Chemicals and that's when the original Alex Ross style costumes come in and we see them dance and it looks GORGEOUS.
Joker and Harley are then in their penthouse and Harley asks who Joker loves the most and he says the one person who makes me the happiest and the furious and she gets excited and hops on his lap and he stands and screams THE BAT. I miss our old squabbles I miss how angry he got! You remember the good old days Harley! When we took care of that little birdy! And it cuts to Batman holding Joker by the collar as a building is on fire in the background (probably Wayne manor) and he says you've crossed the line i'm gonna hurt you joker. And his response is "Not the face! I damage easily!" And it cuts back to the bar scene
Then the film continues on until they reach the end then joker shows up with half his face burned by the helicopter crash and tells Harley that it's been a rough night and to come home with daddy! And Deadshot shoots at him as joker goes on a tirade talking about how he's the king of Gotham and how he broke the bat and none of them even came close! He then drops the smoke grenade and leaves. Then the film moves on the same. And the ending where Joker breaks out Harley was added to the official release which I liked

That was posted in Joker thread, I think, earlier today, it sounds very fake

yeah, that sounds fake. particularly harley and joker having a domestic fight in their apartment before the transformation.

I heard in the book Joker gives Common the gun and begs him to shoot Harley (like in that promo photo). Common realizes he's screwed and shoots himself.

I was wondering what was going on in that photo.
suicide-squad-joker-harley-monster-t.jpg

That does happen in the book, but you helped me connect it to the still.

WB, releasing stills of **** that's not in the movie like bosses.

That does happen in the book, but you helped me connect it to the still.

WB, releasing stills of **** that's not in the movie like bosses.

Promo stills, books, trailers, scores....what's next? little toy Joker with half of his face burnt biting the grenade? :funny:

Don't forget the Joker dressed as Batman action figure.

A quick shot of Harley putting the gun to Joker's head in the famous deleted scene:

What was I trying to tell is that characters can be introduced without bad exposition, voice over, text cards and, basically, music videos.

If you're trying to tell me that the beginning of this movie doesn't introduce us to Deadshot and Harley, then you haven't seen any other movie in your life.

---

Am I the only one who noticed that this scene was also reshooted?

RnQdnJA.png

Nope, I noticed in my first viewing :yay: The guys are sitting in the opposite sides of where they are in this picture and, correct me if I'm wrong, but the white haired guy seemed like he was a different actor in the movie compared to the one in the trailer...is that so??

Polux

Nope, I noticed in my first viewing :yay: The guys are sitting in the opposite sides of where they are in this picture and, correct me if I'm wrong, but the white haired guy seemed like he was a different actor in the movie compared to the one in the trailer...is that so??

Polux

I think it's the same actor. But man did the original look better. The line delivery in the movie felt so unnatural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"