Suicide Squad Merchandise Thread

Figures from DC Collectibles!

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/dcs-ul...0445454/photo-wonder-woman-1455210808071.html

tumblr_inline_o2e6izmfDz1sypkn8_1280.jpg

I've seen a couple of SS Harley figs up close and I'm really hating the movie outfit. The tats just make her legs look dirty.

Put a gas mask on him and sell him as "Suicide Squad" Batman. Clever, I admit:

TF-2016-Mattel-DC-Multiverse-014.jpg

That's a much better head sculpt with the gas mask. I might have to snag one of those.

Didn't see this jester outfit before:

hbmQU2F3.jpg

1aAR2IT7.jpg

I really wish we would have seen an outfit like this for Harley. It would have been simple, unique, and more functional. The stripper-ized version of the skater look seems like the product of some adolescent boy's fantasy. :grmp:

I picked this set up a while back:

maxresdefault.jpg

They are releasing a Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc, Katana, and Red Hood one this summer that I will be picking up.

For those interested: TRU has Deadshot 6-in Multiverse available online. Still no luck on rest for First Wave yet (Harley, Batman)

The Enchantress funko is Legion of Collectors exclusive.
unnamed-7.jpg

Not as creepy as I'd expect. I'll be damned if it's not even cuter than the black-eyed ones.

I'm kinda disappointed now. :oldrazz:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97939553@N02/with/28000236096/
Q27In30.jpg

X2OhZ2m.jpg

Q4eKTiv.jpg

Deadshot is amazing. It's a miniature hot toys Will Smith
27913165322_585f096555_h.jpg

Same goes for Knightmare Batman
28015202175_33e09597cf_h.jpg

Superman is probably in 3rd place for nailing the look
28015203955_949a69aa7a_h.jpg

Superman and Batman Mafex figures have corrected colors on their suits now

28015203665_5ab139f986_h.jpg

Seems like they're constantly fixing/modifying these figures till the last moment.
First Knightmare batman with Armored batman gear
Now weeks before it's out Batman and Superman get a touch up

This is a comparison photo from December

MAFEX-BvS-Batman-001.jpg

Put a gas mask on him and sell him as "Suicide Squad" Batman. Clever, I admit:

TF-2016-Mattel-DC-Multiverse-014.jpg

It bugs me that this is essentially the same figure as the BvS one, but actually comes with accessories. The BvS one didn't even have a freaking batarang.

That is really incredible. Very detailed. would actually love to have it. Wonder what the price tag on this thing will be?

A figure like this would typically fall in the $200-$300 range. But it's a con exclusive, so probably double or triple that for the ebay price tag.

Came across a fantastically detailed article about the Mattel Multiverse line!
Some key points:
-The first wave has already hit shelves, second wave to be released after the movie's release
-Killer Croc is the Collect and Connect figure
-In addition to the basic CnC Croc pieces, the exclusive figures will have additional pieces to make a variant figure (which I personally think is a kinda neat idea)
-The exclusives are Toys R Us Harley w/ jacket & mallet, Toys R Us Joker w/ silver suit jacket, Amazon Harley w/ cocktail dress, Walmart Rick Flagg, Walmart El Diablo, and SDCC Joker w/ purple trench coat and Panda-Man
-Enchantress and Waller figures are not mentioned

Here's the link to the article for more info, http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/...s-suicidesquad-multiverse-action-figure-line/

I went on Hot Topic's website and they have it.
10556902_hi

Finally something I'll buy.

Heh, thought this was interesting:

1000x600_SuicideSquad_Media.jpg

BBP22858lg.jpg

Featuring one of the most anticipated movies of the summer, the Suicide Squad Pin Mate Wooden Figure Set of 10 – Convention Exclusive from Bif Bang Pow! is set to wreak havoc while trying to save the day during San Diego Comic-Con at the Entertainment Earth Booth (#2343).

This never-before-seen wooden figure set showcases 10 of the most sinister Super-Villains that are so bad they could be used for good. Individually numbered within the series, every figure is numbered on the bottom as well as on the packaging. SLIPKNOT is number 2; BOOMERANG is number 3; KATANA is number 4; ENCHANTRESS is number 5; RICK FLAG is number 6; THE JOKER is number 7; HARLEY QUINN is number 8; DEADSHOT is number 9; KILLER CROC is number 10; DIABLO is number 11.

Limited to only 1500 sets, the Suicide Squad Pin Mates Set is priced at $49.99.

http://www.figures.com/2016/07/11/sdcc-reveal-the-suicide-squad-as-convention-exclusive-pin-mate-set/

I've seen a couple of SS Harley figs up close and I'm really hating the movie outfit. The tats just make her legs look dirty.

That's a much better head sculpt with the gas mask. I might have to snag one of those.

I really wish we would have seen an outfit like this for Harley. It would have been simple, unique, and more functional. The stripper-ized version of the skater look seems like the product of some adolescent boy's fantasy. :grmp:

Complaining about stuff like the costume and look of Harley at this stage of the game is pretty old and tiresome don't you think? It can't be changed, film is done. If you want a different look you'll have to wait until another film. Just beating a dead horse at this point.

Complaining about stuff like the costume and look of Harley at this stage of the game is pretty old and tiresome don't you think? It can't be changed, film is done. If you want a different look you'll have to wait until another film. Just beating a dead horse at this point.

Nope. How a character is immortalized in memorabilia is an entirely new aspect of discussion. For instance, BvS's costume designs were the best in live-action history for both Batman and Superman, but many of the figures have suffered from bad head sculpts, silly variant designs, and poor body mold choices. Conversely, but not surprisingly, the Hot Toys figures look magnificent.

In Joker and Harley's cases, the merch that I've seen so far only highlights the worst aspects of their characters' design flaws. The multiple tats, especially for 6" figures and smaller, look like sloppy paint applications. Moreover, without the aid of Suicide Squad's dark sets, Harley's costume makes her figure look like a cheap bootleg. The DCC figure isn't the greatest likeness of Robbie, either.

Then either you're gonna have to spring the money for Hot Toys or the DC Collectibles statues which are more detailed and look amazing. Or you're gonna have to settle for the cheaper made figures. Or just not buy any of the merch at all. You have a bunch of choices, you decide.

Last edited:
I told myself to only pick up one Movie Masters/Multiverse figure from each film. For Man of Steel I picked up Superman and for BvS I picked up armored Batman. I will be picking up the Batman or the Amazon Exclusive Harley Quinn figure from the Suicide Squad line. I like how the Batman has a lot of accessories and two head sculpts, unlike the BvS one, but I think Harley Quinn might be a better representation of the movie as a whole.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"