First Avenger Super Soldier Formula question

Just an idea here:
For the movie they should play up the symbolism with the different components of the Super Soldier Serum. The actual injected formula is BLUE, (Like it is in TIH) there can be a RED gas that breaks down sub-par soft tissue (kinda like the green one used in the Goblin's transformation in Spiderman) and the Vita-rays could be WHITE blasts of energy that enhances the advanced healing process so that the gas doesn't destroy the tissues too much before they can heal.
(Get it? Red, White & Blue! Not too cheezy, is it?)
Anyway, rather than just a spy shooting Dr. Reinstein, the Nazis could bust in during Rodgers transformation, a battle ensues and the Vita-ray apparatus is completely destroyed. Rodgers escapes, (possibly with the assistance of a young Howard Stark?) but the rest of the SSS & equipment is confiscated by the Germans.
Later in the movie, as Cap's heroic exploits start to add up & the Nazis are in danger of losing the war, Hitler's apprentice decides to attempt the process on himself with the help of the top Nazi scientist: Baron Zemo. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it!) with the Vita-ray technology completely missing, the red gas breaks down the tissue but it isn't able to be built back up sufficiently.
The subject emerges with much of the same boosted physical & intellectual abilities as Cap but is left with a horrifying, gory, "RED SKULL" in the place of his face...
Whatcha think?

Last edited:
cool idea but why/how would a squad of nazis break up the test on Rogers. One spy I could see but not a bunch of them.
Also I would prefer that the Skull not be a product of the SSS but just an evil person

The idea of the colored symbolism [patriotism aside] could work in a lot of ways,, especially if they take it to an extent where the process is the same as the one the army was working on in TIH and even Oscorp in Spider-Man. Because from there, you can unify a lot of the Marvel Universe within the movies to trying to remake the success of Captain America.

The idea of the colored symbolism [patriotism aside] could work in a lot of ways,, especially if they take it to an extent where the process is the same as the one the army was working on in TIH and even Oscorp in Spider-Man. Because from there, you can unify a lot of the Marvel Universe within the movies to trying to remake the success of Captain America.
That's what I was going for.

cool idea but why/how would a squad of nazis break up the test on Rogers. One spy I could see but not a bunch of them.
Also I would prefer that the Skull not be a product of the SSS but just an evil person
It doesn't have to be a whole Nazi squad, the tests probably could be held in secrecy in a secluded location rather than a U.S. military compound. (Possibly independent of government influence?) Maybe a group of Nazi spies infiltrate the program due to the lax security measures. They take over, killing all the scientists involved that will not cooperate with them.
Stark helps Cap escape & they destroy the Vita-ray tech. on their way out.
I'm sure it can be tweaked to work.
Oh yeah, and they can have many opportunities to show in advance that the Red Skull is already evil, sick and depraved prior to the SSS process...I mean c'mon, he's a NAZI! :hehe:

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be a whole Nazi squad, the tests probably could be held in secrecy in a secluded location rather than a U.S. military compound. (Possibly independent of government influence?) Maybe a group of Nazi spies infiltrate the program due to the lax security measures. They take over, killing all the scientists involved that will not cooperate with them.
Stark helps Cap escape & they destroy the Vita-ray tech. on their way out.
I'm sure it can be tweaked to work.
Oh yeah, and they can have many opportunities to show in advance that the Red Skull is already evil, sick and depraved prior to the SSS process.

According to his origin it was held at a secret base underneath a curio shop in Washington DC. The security wasnt lax just that the spy was that good. The test is a part of the military or why else would he be the Army's super soldier?
The Red Skull didnt have the SSS in WW2 and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

It still can be independently researched experiments for (and funded by) the military.
-and-
Superhero movies don't always follow their source material's origin to the letter.

Oh well, it was just an idea.

Last edited:
will be interesting to see how they will go about the whole SSS forumla and how it will be used on steve. Though since we know they are trying to combine all the marvel in house films together they will probably want to keep things close to what was stated in TIH.

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked to find out as well. FA:CA has the potential to draw all the movies together. Let's hope they succeed.

I know that this is cheezy self-promotion to bump this thread, but I'd really like to know what other people think of my SSS idea at the top of the page. Any other comment folks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"