First Avenger Super Soldier Serum Sequence (try saying that fast)

The Count

Civilian
Reaction score
I was just wondering how people think the scenes in which steve is transformed should play out.

Should it be the instant effect used in the 616 universe or should they take the route of the ultimate universe and have it as a gradual progression? Your thoughts please

Personally i quite like how it was done in the 90s movie and would like to see it done with some real money behind it

Last edited:
Injections followed by the vita-ray chamber. C'mon, ya gotta show the chamber sequence. Of course you don't have to use the term vita-rays since that's pretty silly sounding.

I agree that it was one of the few things the 90s film did well. I think it should be something along the lines of the 90s film/TIH (when Banner become the Hulk in NY in order to get rid of it). Both of them were somewhat similar.

they'll probably do it just like in TIH.

Injections followed by the vita-ray chamber. C'mon, ya gotta show the chamber sequence. Of course you don't have to use the term vita-rays since that's pretty silly sounding.

go look at the canister from TIH that keeps the SSS...it mentions Vita-rays

I say the sequence should be similar to TIH...instantaneous

to be honest i hope its not instant, but not too gradual, it should at the least take over night to go into affect imo

This:
captainamericacomic.png

Even though it was instant in the comic book, I'd like to see it be gradual. I can imagine him getting the serum and it not having an instant effect which in turn makes him feel like it didnt work, then the next day he wakes up to find himself ripped.

go look at the canister from TIH that keeps the SSS...it mentions Vita-rays

Hmm, yeah but that's a blink and you'll miss it kinda thing that wouldn't have the GA rolling their eyes at the silly name.So, no harm done and yet another easter egg-type bone thrown to the fans. I was more meaning that characters in CA would be calling it vita-rays. They shouldn't, IMO.

I say the sequence should be similar to TIH...instantaneous

I don't think it should be drawn out but not wholly instantaneous either. That's why I like the injections followed by the chamber route. And the serum in TIH was a knock-off version. The chamber would also help seperate the two and help understand why Blonsky had a very different reaction than Rogers did since they didn't use the chamber(the serum itself was probably also missing some crucial component that Erskine kept to himself). Since Howard Stark is involved in the project, I have to ask: what would his contribution be? He's not a biologist or geneticist. He's an engineer, a builder of machines. My guess is that he's the one who oversees the design & building of the chamber and maybe also the creation of Cap's 1st shield.

I say they go instant. But show Rogers going thru intense pain during the transformation. Like he literaly feels every cell and fiber of his body being stretched an flexed to and beyond its natural limit. IMHO he should be fighting death. His has to survive the process, not just recieve it and magically be the perfect man. Rogers initial fatigue from the process would be all the time needed for the spy to kill Erskine.(or whomever creates the process)

Even though it was instant in the comic book, I'd like to see it be gradual. I can imagine him getting the serum and it not having an instant effect which in turn makes him feel like it didnt work, then the next day he wakes up to find himself ripped.
So like what they did with Spiderman?

I like the overnight route and show him having some initial trouble with getting used to the new body like his new strength, balance, and size.

at leastwe agree on something marcvader lol
the overnight route worked on Spidey and the audience bought it,
with hulk, he turns into a giant monster and thats his power, that kind of thing with a normal human going body builder like that might get some laughs from the GA. which is my only concern with the instant thing.
also, imagine this scene, Steve has received the full treatment, he doesnt see any changes and then Erskine dies, so Steve feels like it was all for not, then he wakes up in the morning lookign fantastic and he gets a major confidence boost for it, THEN getting shoved in the USO

thanks marcvader
the idea of him going from the body of DJ Qualls(I'm exaggerating here) to the body of someone from the WWE(again a bit of an exaggeration) instantly is a bit much, hes already the perfect human, it just, doesn't seem idk believable for me i don't exactly know why, but i know how id like to see it

Last edited:
I think the Super Soldier sequence should be in the chamber, and when he's done he grabs someone by the throat and says "Back to formula?" :woot:

No, but seriously. I'm not too picky about what they do with the sequence. I think the results should develop quickly, so there'd be some instant gratification for Steve and the doctor. I'm afraid that it might seem to be a carbon copy of the Goblin scene if they use a chamber. It all depends on how they present it.

Concerning Vita-Rays, I think they should keep the name. Sure it's cheesy, but it totally sounds like something they'd come up with in the 40's so the process seems really flashy for the media and public.

i still think a nap between puny steve and cap steve is the best way to go

heres hoping for an 80s-movies-training montage!

...montages ftw!

It has to be instant transformation... because the Nazi spy/double agent needs to witness the procedure and then kill the scientist. I think that they will have Steve take a number of injections into his deep tissue and bones (like blonsky) and then get hit with the vita rays (like Banner in Hulk)

captainrogers that sounds like a good way to have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"