Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, hope we get to see her in costume sooner rather than later.

I'm still on the fence about her casting. she doesn't immediately strike me as Supergirl, but I'll have to see what she'll actually look like as Kara ( either in full costume or at least in civilian clothes ) before I can pass full judgment.

Since The Flash has already established the precedent of bringing in familiar actors to play entirely new versions of characters they had previously played, I think Welling would be neat as a new and older version of Clark. However, I don't think it'll ever actually happen. I just figured it might be an interesting topic of discussion.

I'm not all that familiar with Bomer, but he's certainly of the right age and does look like he could play the "Man of Steel".

Matt Bomer, he's a better actor and a real Superman fan unlike Welling, who didn't want to wear the suit:

Just out of professional curiosity, does that mean we'll see Tom Welling in some spandex tights next year? I know the fans really want to see that.

Brian Peterson: Probably not as soon as you expect, but you never know. The one person who doesn't want to see that unfortunately is Tom Welling, so that's a bigger conversation.

http://fr.eonline.com/news/120288/smallville-will-chloe-survive

For some time, "Smallville" producers stated the show's viewers never would see Clark fly nor wear the Superman suit under the so-called "no flights, no tights" rule. Well, they've now seen him fly, so it remains valid to wonder if they'll see him in the legendary blue-and-red uniform with the big "S" on the chest before the series signs off.

"To me, and to a lot of people connected to the show, that's not what the show is about," Welling maintains. "Maybe we leaned that way sometimes because it was easier to go that way and it would be easier to write about, but to me, the integrity of the show was about Clark Kent in Smallville. Even when he made his move to Metropolis, the essence of the character before he became Superman was always important to me. That's what I found interesting, that's why I signed up 10 years ago, and I think it's a big part of why people watched."

http://www.zap2it.com/news/zap-smallville-finale-story,0,4960325.story

And Bomer was Superman... kind of: :woot:

[YT]jSRCVDecT3k[/YT]

They should only cast Superman once the show has proven successful. I think is kind of silly to have two different versions of the same character, is already happening with the Suicide Squad and with the Flash if Ezra Miller is playing Barry. DC has many characters that deserve a show and have more potential than Supergirl, is crazy the Question doesn't have one yet! A Zatanna show could be more interesting too... but we'll see if they can make Supergirl work, it won't be easy, Smallville had many problems, they were lucky the CW was satisfied with mediocre ratings compared to the big networks, which won't cut it for CBS.

I don't really know the actress from anything but she's got the look I hoped for.

Time for a Supergirl forum!

Well the show should get picked up first and at least see first episode ratings. CBS is not an easy network tov survive on. She needs 8+mill to survive with a good demo.

March is also when we got the full costumes as well. Although Wonder Woman's was Feburary.

WW was also a different production team, though, so I'd be more willing to believe it'll be March.

600full-melissa-benoist.jpg

:hubba

Last edited:
Bomer may agree to appear in a guest role as Clark Kent. (Show him in Superman suit in some episodes)

He may not accept the role if the role requires him to appear regularly as he is already busy doing other series (White Collar)

Matt Bomer, he's a better actor and a real Superman fan unlike Welling, who didn't want to wear the suit:

And Bomer was Superman... kind of: :woot:

[YT]jSRCVDecT3k[/YT]

Not only that but he also voiced Superman/Clark Kent in Superman Unbound.

They should only cast Superman once the show has proven successful. I think is kind of silly to have two different versions of the same character, is already happening with the Suicide Squad and with the Flash if Ezra Miller is playing Barry. DC has many characters that deserve a show and have more potential than Supergirl, is crazy the Question doesn't have one yet! A Zatanna show could be more interesting too... but we'll see if they can make Supergirl work, it won't be easy, Smallville had many problems, they were lucky the CW was satisfied with mediocre ratings compared to the big networks, which won't cut it for CBS.

Outside of a potential cameo in the pilot maybe (where let's say we don't see him properly) then yes saving him for later would be a great idea. Especially as they might need the pull in the ratings and an advertised Superman appearance would surely provide a boost.

Well Smallville was a different kettle of fish it was kind of like a steady thing for CW. They had pretty much a guaranteed amount of viewers every week and don't forget Smallville was really popular in other parts of the world. It was especially well viewed in the UK. But like you say CBS would want more though. This is my only worry about the show been on there really.

Bomer may agree to appear in a guest role as Clark Kent. (Show him in Superman suit in some episodes)

He may not accept the role if the role requires him to appear regularly as he is already busy doing other series (White Collar)

I really think that would be the only thing that would stop him is if he was too busy. I do think if he appears it will be as Clark as I don't see them having two costumer Supermen at the same time (if he is to appear and in costume I don't think it is will happen until after Batman v Superman). But as I said before I'd be fine with just Clark and if they ever want him to suddenly have to rush off to do a superfeat they could just have a shirt rip and/or red-blue streak.

Last edited:
American TV networks confuse me

Warner Bros. are part owners of The CW, yes?

So why not keep DC properties like Supergirl and Gotham in their own yard?

Do Warner Bros. make more money out of it this way?

EDIT: why did some of my words become advertising links?

Warner Bros. is a huge supplier to all the networks. They don't want ALL of their stuff on The CW.

Because putting some of their stuff on networks that get a lot more viewers than The CW = $$$

I think they can get more money from the other networks, It would make more sense to have Flash/Arrow/Supergirl/Atom on the same channel though. If they are all going to team up

I think they can get more money from the other networks, It would make more sense to have Flash/Arrow/Supergirl/Atom on the same channel though. If they are all going to team up

I think Berlanti has already stated that Supergirl would not be crossing over with Arrow and The Flash anyway - I'm guessing because Superman doesn't exist in the world of Arrow and Flash, whereas he will in Supergirl.

I'm assuming that if The Atom did get it's own series** it would have to stay at CW or else crossovers would be more difficult.

** I have to be honest, Ray Palmer (as seen on Arrow so far) is a decent supporting character but I couldn't imagine him being a lead, however, just because I can't see it doesn't mean it is so :cwink: and the creators plans have worked out great so far so I trust there is probably more to Palmer than revealed to date.

I don't understand - would Gotham have been less successful on The CW? Why?

Who knows, but it wouldn't get as big of ratings. Gotham brings in 6mill on FOX, CW is lucky for 3mill. FOX/CBS get a lot more exposure, they also have bigger budgets to work with compared to CW. Not to mention that FOX and CBS pay WB to license their show and have the rights to the characters.

Who knows, but it wouldn't get as big of ratings. Gotham brings in 6mill on FOX, CW is lucky for 3mill. FOX/CBS get a lot more exposure, they also have bigger budgets to work with compared to CW. Not to mention that FOX and CBS pay WB to license their show and have the rights to the characters.

So more people watch shows on Fox because it is Fox? Or does The CW not transmit to as large an audience?

I don't American TV - more straight forward over here, we just watch the programme and switch over when the other one comes on. ;)

The CW traditionally targeted younger audiences than the big Four networks. Mainly making programs targeted at teenage girls.

The CW was on its way to extinction a few years ago until a new network president Mark Pedowitz took over and changed the outlook of the network making broader and more inclusive shows.

The CW only has to program 10 hours every week, which is less than any of its other four main competitors (ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC). The CW is still a largely low-budget operation which is why a number of their successful shows are filmed in Canada for example.

Last edited:
She was good in Whiplash and that's the only thing I've seen her in.

So I'm on board with this casting. Oh and she look's good too.
icon10.gif

Yay Supergirl's got her own forum.

Now that's out the way, I'm very excited for this new show, I cannot wait for the pilot to air.

Nice to now see this have its own section. :awesome:

I don't understand - would Gotham have been less successful on The CW? Why?

The CW has a more niche viewing audience (Teens and Young Adults). Whereas Fox reaches a much wider, and more diverse audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"