Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, if *icks be cheating, I ain't watching.

Cbjaa75WEAAUOJm.jpg

Anyone else here thinks the end of phase three is a good point to stop caring for MCU movies?

I can see what you're saying, and IW/A4 should feel like the end of an era, so if someone wants to leave it like that it could make sense. Personally I don't think I will stop caring about the MCU anytime soon, especially if they nail IW and A4 like I think they will. I will simply look forward to the future and where the "next generation" is going.

My message to the MCU:

a350f28e65697eb2acaf8f6ee31c997e.gif

I can see what you're saying, and IW/A4 should feel like the end of an era, so if someone wants to leave it like that it could make sense. Personally I don't think I will stop caring about the MCU anytime soon, especially if they nail IW and A4 like I think they will. I will simply look forward to the future and where the "next generation" is going.

My message to the MCU:

That scene hits me in the feels man. Plus, likely our last ride with the old crew who will likely not be seen again :csad:

Stop making me feel things!!! :cmad::cmad::cmad:

My message to the MCU:

Amen. Look, they built my trust and earned my fandom. I'm still invested and I don't see that stopping until they stop caring and the quality suffers. I'm on this crazy train.

Amen. Look, they built my trust and earned my fandom. I'm still invested and I don't see that stopping until they stop caring and the quality suffers. I'm on this crazy train.

Same. I'm a fanboy MCU "shill" for a reason. They are consistently making the best superhero movies in Hollywood at a rate that seems unfathomable, and I hope they don't slow down any time soon.

That scene hits me in the feels man. Plus, likely our last ride with the old crew who will likely not be seen again :csad:

Stop making me feel things!!! :cmad::cmad::cmad:

288149ff27451267655dfbea965b6e41.gif

Timebomb said:

I do dread the inevitable moment when Feige decides he wants to pursue different creative endeavors and he goes off to do a "star war" or something.

Yeah I see him tapping out whenever he gets his first couple cracks at the X-men and the FF.

8330d41203a47fffab839482b14b8c73.jpg

Eh, I think Feige and Disney already have his successor picked out, or they will years in advance of the time when he decides to move on, and that successor will be someone who "gets it" the way that he does. I highly doubt Marvel Studios will become like the DCEU, with a series of idiots guiding the ship in a million different directions and each ultimately getting the chopping block after a few years.

Eh, I think Feige and Disney already have his successor picked out, or they will years in advance of the time when he decides to move on, and that successor will be someone who "gets it" the way that he does. I highly doubt Marvel Studios will become like the DCEU, with a series of idiots guiding the ship in a million different directions and each ultimately getting the chopping block after a few years.

Yeah. Whoever that person will be can get involved long before Feige leaves so there is plenty of time for them to get to know how everything works and for Marvel/Feige to judge whether they have what it takes and are a good fit.

No videos with cursing people. Even with a disclaimer.

So, will you still watch the Dark Knight Trilogy, given that Christian Bale is notorious for doing the same thing? (Warning; language)

You can't link to things w language. You might wanna edit that before you get an infraction.

EDIT: Nvm, already addressed.

I'd like to think so but Lucasfilm's troubles over the past few years have made me concerned that the Disney machine isn't as well-oiled as I'd want to believe.

I imagine post-Avengers 4-MCU will be less exciting than before. But I can trust that a Kevin Feige product will entertain me in a major way.

Of course, for the first time in years we don't know what's coming up in near future aside from Spider-Man and Guardians, so that may factor in our hype.

I'd like to think so but Lucasfilm's troubles over the past few years have made me concerned that the Disney machine isn't as well-oiled as I'd want to believe.

It is a concern and we have seen some signs of it in the past, even with Marvel (Thor: The Dark World being the most obvious example), but still, Marvel's track record has been stellar. even TDW wasn't as bad as most of the DCEU output. And as far as Lucasfilm goes... Yeah, they do seem to micromanage stuff and I can see high profile directors shying away from them because of that but... as a lifelong SW fan, I've liked everything they've put out so far. I'll take Rogue One, TFA or TLJ over ANY of Lucas' awful prequels. If Solo turns out poorly then I'll be concerned, but for now, they're batting close to a thousand in my book.

I imagine post-Avengers 4-MCU will be less exciting than before. But I can trust that a Kevin Feige product will entertain me in a major way.

Of course, for the first time in years we don't know what's coming up in near future aside from Spider-Man and Guardians, so that may factor in our hype.

Yeah the fact that they have a ton of release dates with question marks next to them is exciting. I think at the moment they have 9 untitled releases scheduled for 2020 - 2022. Nine! There's also this tweet that got me pretty excited:

zp5rpxny1ip01.jpg

It is a concern and we have seen some signs of it in the past, even with Marvel (Thor: The Dark World being the most obvious example), but still, Marvel's track record has been stellar. even TDW wasn't as bad as most of the DCEU output. And as far as Lucasfilm goes... Yeah, they do seem to micromanage stuff and I can see high profile directors shying away from them because of that but... as a lifelong SW fan, I've liked everything they've put out so far. I'll take Rogue One, TFA or TLJ over ANY of Lucas' awful prequels. If Solo turns out poorly then I'll be concerned, but for now, they're batting close to a thousand in my book.

True, the quality seems to haven't suffered thus far but you can't keep running a studio with that much disquiet behind the scenes and expect the success to continue unhindered.

I honestly am not confident in Solo. I think it won't get stellar reviews. Probably middling reviews is what I expect. As a whole, I am not excited for that movie.

I liked the last trailer. I'm there Thursday night.

What would constitute Solo being a financial failure ? Surely $600-750 million is not out of reach ?

Rogue One numbers or bust. So $1B.

I liked the last trailer. I'm there Thursday night.

For me, I just honestly don't feel like I need to see Han meet Chewie, Lando, etc. I always felt I knew everything I needed to about Han, and that ANH acted as his origin from Scoundrel to Rebel Hero. The project just doesn't grab me for that reason. The last trailer looked better, I would agree there. I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to see it. I know myself better than that. But, I am probably not seeing it opening weekend or rushing out to see it immediately.

I'm a Star Wars fan even before a comic book fan and if I could see BvS, SS and JL and I wasn't even slightly optimistic about those, I can see one that I'm cautiously optimistic about.

What would constitute Solo being a financial failure ? Surely $600-750 million is not out of reach ?

Those kinds of numbers would likely be seen as a big disappointment. When we're talking failure here, we're talking against expectations rather than straight profit/loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"