Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess do you think you might've been influenced by the marketing? The film is marketed as a men on a mission revenge flick where the Basterds are just killing Nazis left and right. And other than one scene and a few flashbacks, that's not really how the film plays out.

I know a few who were disappointed in 2009 by that or shocked that about 2/3rds of the movie is not in English. I love that though because it really becomes a much more gripping revenge story where Shosanna is the real protagonist, and together these characters use movies, literally and figuratively, to change the course of history with bloody good catharsis. Plus of course Hans Landa and the "scotch" scene.

That's a good hypothesis, but since it's Tarantino I'm not so sure that would be the case since one of the reasons that he is one of my favorite directors is because he makes such great and unique dialogue scenes.

As for language, I too love when you get characters actually speaking different languages when it makes sense, and you have actors that actually know how to speak these languages so it sounds proper. Of course, being from Sweden I'm used to subtitles so that's not an issue for me when I encounter languages I don't know, but I do prefer not to have subtitles for the languages that I do understand.

I want to see Once Upon a Time again, which I will soon (possibly tonight), but I'll leave it off the list for now.

1. Kill Bill
2. Inglourious Basterds
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Django Unchained
5. The Hateful Eight
6. Reservoir Dogs
7. Jackie Brown
8. Death Proof

EDIT: So I did watch it again tonight after all, and I'd place it pretty solidly at #5, right in the middle. It is a bit different from the typical Tarantino film (at least up until the finale) in that it is more subdued and serious instead of the usual goofiness.

Last edited:
Greyhound (Columbia Pictures) – TBD (from 6/12/2020)
Fatherhood (Columbia Pictures) – 10/23/2020 (from 1/15/2021)
Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway (Columbia Pictures) – 1/15/2021 (from 08/07/2020)
Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Columbia Pictures) – 03/05/2021 (from 07/10/2020)
Sony/Marvel Morbius (Columbia Pictures) – 03/19/2021 (from 07/31/2020)
Uncharted (Columbia Pictures) – 10/8/2021 (from 03/05/2021)
Untitled Sony Marvel (Columbia Pictures) – TBD (from 10/08/2021)

‘Morbius,’ ‘Ghostbusters’ Sequel and More Sony Movies Pushed Back to 2021

Wait, Morbius was supposed to come out after Venom 2?

Yeah it does, October 2nd. I’m surprised they didn’t delay Morbius into that spot and just push back Venom 2 into that 2021 October spot.

Y'all still hating on the suit?

EUTTpcVUcAAt4ds

Not generally a huge fan of Armored Batman designs, and it's a bit busy, but it's not bad overall

I'm glad at least it's not all puffy and fat-necked like batfleck

and I DO appreciate any Batsuit that lets the actor turn his head

one thing I'll say though, is the "homemade" quality of the mask would seem to be at odds with such advanced body armor

The SC Honest Trailer was hilarious man. “Not only does the SC make the movie good, it makes it the GREATEST.MOVIE. EVER MADE.” :funny:
Completely lost my **** at Irons reciting Atlas Shrugged. The discourse over Snyder's Fountainhead is gonna be... A whooole lot.

Jeremy Jahns did a humorous review of Batman & Robin. I'm sold by his review, that film is genius.

They've crushed my hopes and shattered my dreams with that trailer, I thought for sure that the Snyder Cut actually happened, but they added jokes over the bad jokes of the Whedonitis Cut.

:waa:

I've only binged watched Castlevania so far. I've been asked to work from home because my wife's a nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"