• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

Looking at the description of the panel of SandL I think we will not see the new suit, I was hopeful because Batwoman has tried it on and I am sure she will show it, also that her panel description hints it but in SyL it does not.

I am just not that excited for this. Especially with how **** his overall treatment has been on the last several appearances from being totally wasted on crisis and how badly he’s been outshined by Supergirl. It just totally dulls my anticipation for this show

Personally, I still think that the performances and characterizations for Lois and Clark's sons will either make or break this show.

If the kids are bad/bland actors (i.e. Young William Queen) and are portrayed as the standard (over the top) CW Angst Teen then I feel like that may turn off a lot of people from this show.

It’s always a gamble with young actors.

But they’re not the main draw of the show, so if they suck, I’ll be able to look past it as long as Hoechlin’s Supes remains awesome (as I feel he’s been so far)...for the first couple seasons at least.

Also I kinda hope they don’t order more episodes now for this season as I think 15 is the perfect number.

I think 15 is perfect too, it feels like the right amount. 13 could easily be a few too less whereas closer to 20 would mean we’d likely get more filler. 15-16 feels like the sweet spot, especially if it has a middle, 7/8 before and 7/8 after mid season finale. I actually would like it if all the DC CW shows were 15-16 too.

It’s always a gamble with young actors.

But they’re not the main draw of the show, so if they suck, I’ll be able to look past it as long as Hoechlin’s Supes remains awesome (as I feel he’s been so far)...for the first couple seasons at least.

Also I kinda hope they don’t order more episodes now for this season as I think 15 is the perfect number.

True. Personally, I still wish that they would have done more of an direct adaptation of the "Rebirth" arc where the couple only have just one son who isn't in his late teens.

Yeah, I just hope that the good outweighs the bad on this show. If they could approach the teenage angst aspect like how they've reportedly done in "Stargirl" then I'll be content.

I also wonder what kind of an production budget they have to work with on this show. Does having a shorter episode count mean that they can add more funds to the production value? Or are they given an smaller budget due to their lesser episode count?

True. Personally, I still wish that they would have done more of an direct adaptation of the "Rebirth" arc where the couple only have just one son who isn't in his late teens.

Yeah, I just hope that the good outweighs the bad on this show. If they could approach the teenage angst aspect like how they've reportedly done in "Stargirl" then I'll be content.

I also wonder what kind of an production budget they have to work with on this show. Does having a shorter episode count mean that they can add more funds to the production value? Or are they given an smaller budget due to their lesser episode count?
I'll refrain from posting my feelings on that until I see how it plays out. Because in theory, I'd agree - I'd prefer it was just Jon like in Rebirth. But there's another part of me that thinks they've added another son for a reason, like there may be a twist with him, so I'm withholding judgment for now.

As far as the budget goes, I think it'll be like Legends of Tomorrow, which has the smaller episode count to allow for a slightly higher per-episode budget, as that show was notoriously expensive to the point of nearly getting itself canceled at first

I'll refrain from posting my feelings on that until I see how it plays out. Because in theory, I'd agree - I'd prefer it was just Jon like in Rebirth. But there's another part of me that thinks they've added another son for a reason, like there may be a twist with him, so I'm withholding judgment for now.

As far as the budget goes, I think it'll be like Legends of Tomorrow, which has the smaller episode count to allow for a slightly higher per-episode budget, as that show was notoriously expensive to the point of nearly getting itself canceled at first

I would not be surprised if they pulled an page from Arrow's playbook by having it revealed later on that the siblings became bitter enemies to each other with one being the hero and other being the villain. IF they went that route, I hope they won't add another cliche like they were both in love with same woman (Lana's daughter).

If the show does well and we all survive the current chaos in this world then I hope the producers move forward with having Brainiac as the villain for an potential season 2. He has been long overdue and I have no desire to see General Zod again.lol

I would not be surprised if they pulled an page from Arrow's playbook by having it revealed later on that the siblings became bitter enemies to each other with one being the hero and other being the villain. IF they went that route, I hope they won't add another cliche like they were both in love with same woman (Lana's daughter).

If the show does well and we all survive the current chaos in this world then I hope the producers move forward with having Brainiac as the villain for an potential season 2. He has been long overdue and I have no desire to see General Zod again.lol
Well I wouldn't be surprised by that either, but that's certainly not the kind of twist I'm hoping for. I was thinking something more like Dawn from Buffy, due to Crisis shenanigans.

Right there with you on Brainiac and Zod. BUT Brainiac's one of those villains I'd really like to see them bring Kara in on too. This is the first opportunity we've had to see Supes and Supergirl taking on the threat together like they do in the comics, and I'd really like to see them take advantage of that. Especially since the whole Brainiac-taking-Kandor thing makes him such a good boogeyman for Kara. Not using that angle would feel like an opportunity squandered to me. And Zod, well, put it this way: I wrote a 7-season treatment for my dream HBO Supes show and Zod was only the villain in literally one episode of that (outside of his supporting role in a later "New Krypton" arc), I think it's safe to say I'm over him as a villain. :funny:

Well I wouldn't be surprised by that either, but that's certainly not the kind of twist I'm hoping for. I was thinking something more like Dawn from Buffy, due to Crisis shenanigans.

Right there with you on Brainiac and Zod. BUT Brainiac's one of those villains I'd really like to see them bring Kara in on too. This is the first opportunity we've had to see Supes and Supergirl taking on the threat together like they do in the comics, and I'd really like to see them take advantage of that. Especially since the whole Brainiac-taking-Kandor thing makes him such a good boogeyman for Kara. Not using that angle would feel like an opportunity squandered to me. And Zod, well, put it this way: I wrote a 7-season treatment for my dream HBO Supes show and Zod was only the villain in literally one episode of that (outside of his supporting role in a later "New Krypton" arc), I think it's safe to say I'm over him as a villain. :funny:

If the producers want to scale back on their annual crossovers were only two shows are involved then they should just have Superman/Lois do an proper crossover with Supergirl with Brainiac as the main villain. However, unlike most crossovers that takes place during mid-season, this would actually serve as both a crossover and season finale for both shows.

If the producers want to scale back on their annual crossovers were only two shows are involved then they should just have Superman/Lois do an proper crossover with Supergirl with Brainiac as the main villain. However, unlike most crossovers that takes place during mid-season, this would actually serve as both a crossover and season finale for both shows.
Agreed, that's my ideal scenario. And it's something they could build to throughout the season on this show, with Brainiac sending scouts first, infiltrating tech, influencing other players, etc. Kara wouldn't need get involved 'til the end, when Brainiac's machinations reach National City as well, and she realizes Kal's been dealing with the same monster who took Kandor. Just include an ongoing theme in her show that season about her reconnecting with her past on Krypton, and it would be perfectly cohesive for both shows to end on that note, imo.

I doubt we'll get anything like that, but a girl can dream, lol.

giphy.gif

Now why couldn't it be sibling love like Kara and Chyler? It's boring how many siblings or friends on TV end up as bitter enemies. How many people on this forum have their brother or sister as their arch enemy? I don't know if that really happens all that much in real life.

Agreed, that's my ideal scenario. And it's something they could build to throughout the season on this show, with Brainiac sending scouts first, infiltrating tech, influencing other players, etc. Kara wouldn't need get involved 'til the end, when Brainiac's machinations reach National City as well, and she realizes Kal's been dealing with the same monster who took Kandor. Just include an ongoing theme in her show that season about her reconnecting with her past on Krypton, and it would be perfectly cohesive for both shows to end on that note, imo.

Hopefully they'd give us a Brainiac more like in Krypton and not just like Jessie Rath.

Also, was someone cast as Perry White? I forget now.

Hopefully they'd give us a Brainiac more like in Krypton and not just like Jessie Rath.
Jessie Rath isn't playing Brainiac (and he's a relatively faithful version of the character he IS playing), so I don't see why there would be concern that any adaptation of Brainiac would be like that.

Got a link to that treatment?

Got a link to that treatment?
I just have it on a Word doc on my computer. I'll copy/paste the season breakdowns into a PM but I warn you: it's 9 pages long, so I recommend waiting to read it 'til you're really bored with some time to kill. :funny:

I haven't looked into this show at all... I have no excitement for it, which is a shame.. but I just wasn't interested in what was happening on screen, I heard reviews and the woke comments etc and I just felt, instead if being negative, just not to watch it... which is a shame as I love superman.

However, I will give it a go, I can't not..

My understanding is it's based in the future and they have two sons?

Ok, they going to age up the characters? that could be cool so long as it's done well... a proper die job, no wigs or spray on grey.

Also, two sons - one super human, one not... I can imagine that's the twist.

I can't help but think Routh should have been the Clark and his world explored this.. with him having a son, Jason.

Lois could be no more (thanks Joker), so he gradually starts dating Lana and she already has a son too (Superman 3).

It’s not based in the future, at least as far as we know.

I think given how Crisis ended it’s now established that the kids have grown to teenage age.

Yeah it’s just set shortly after Crisis.

Yeah it’s just set shortly after Crisis.

So I guess that means Lois and Clark got married and had kids a lot earlier in the revised timeline? Still think that they made an mistake by making it so ambiguous on who remembered what from both timelines.

If they got married before and have teenage sons, then did Lois get pregnant in her early 20s? I thought she was always a career woman, so now she would've taken time off from reporting to have her babies and look after them. That doesn't really tie in with the Lois we know.

If they got married before and have teenage sons, then did Lois get pregnant in her early 20s? I thought she was always a career woman, so now she would've taken time off from reporting to have her babies and look after them. That doesn't really tie in with the Lois we know.

When COIE had originally aired on television, they should have added a small disclaimer note saying that we should abandon all sense of logic and common sense when watching the program. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"