• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

The breaks are absolutely killing me. The start-stop nature of it all makes it difficult to stay invested. I almost feel like I need to rewatch the previous episodes during the break just to keep the flow going. I hope they can get something more consistent for season two.

So only 4 more episodes of the season? But I thought it finished in August.

The remaining four episodes of the show will take place between—but not through—the periods of July 13 and August 17. There are no new installments slated for July 27 and August 3.

As predicted, 2 new episodes and then another 2 weeks off. :(

View attachment 46983

giphy.gif

so this extremely bizarre scheduling for season 1 is undoubtedly because of covid, right? Because I love this show and don't think I can handle this kind of sporadic flow for future seasons.

I'd say partially it is since they had to shut down a couple times I think? Batwoman/Legends somehow were lucky enough to avoid any major shut downs.

so this extremely bizarre scheduling for season 1 is undoubtedly because of covid, right? Because I love this show and don't think I can handle this kind of sporadic flow for future seasons.
Maybe, but given how many productions had to shut down before they even started filming this show you'd think they'd have factored in the probability of having to shut down a couple times into their scheduling. I'm inclined to put most of the blame on the people responsible for scheduling the shows, because this kind of s*** still happened fairly often even before the pandemic. They also do a pretty terrible job communicating what the schedule even is.

So apparently
Wolé Parks has confirmed they return to start filming S2 in two months, presumably September, which is what I've been hearing on social media the last couple days as well.

2x3xqyqbz4971.jpg

A slightly quicker turnaround between seasons than expected, but the exciting part of that to me is that Wolé will apparently still be around in S2. :mrk:

I'd say partially it is since they had to shut down a couple times I think? Batwoman/Legends somehow were lucky enough to avoid any major shut downs.

And Batwoman was still pretty rushed, imo. The finale was a bit of a mess, with some absolutely bizarre editing going on.

So apparently
Wolé Parks has confirmed they return to start filming S2 in two months. A slightly quicker turnaround between seasons than expected, but the exciting part of that to me is that Wolé will apparently still be around in S2. :mrk:

Yeah, fairly confident this was probably the biggest factor in Supergirl ending.

Yeah, fairly confident this was probably the biggest factor in Supergirl ending.
I really get the impression the biggest factor was Melissa/contracts/budget. Her contract was up after 6 seasons, and unlike other Arrowverse stars, she seemed to have other stuff she wanted to do + being a new mom. It probably just seemed like the right time for all parties involved, as I'd imagine the only thing that would've kept her on would've been a pay/budget increase, and the network wouldn't have had any real reason to go for that, with the older Arrowverse shows dying down and this (clearly more expensive) show taking off. So ending it on their terms at this time seems like it was just the most logical choice for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"