• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

Look, I wont lie, I have grown incredibly cynical about CW shows maintaining their quality. We all remember that FANTASTIC first season of The Flash, right? And then....yeah. I jumped off after season 2 but from what I've heard the show was never quite the same after and got incredibly campy and derivative.

The problem is these shows have such large episode counts that the writers I think struggle to maintain coherent storytelling. I'm anticipating Superman & Lois getting a 20 episode second season and we may see those narrative struggles start to arise. But at LEAST we will have gotten 15 great hours of Superman content and we've all been starving for quality Superman content.
That's my biggest fear which is why I hope they just keep it to 15 episodes. It lets them keep the focus on the main story and stays away from all the other stuff. I just wish they were allowed to introduce Batman into all of this.

That's my biggest fear which is why I hope they just keep it to 15 episodes. It lets them keep the focus on the main story and stays away from all the other stuff. I just wish they were allowed to introduce Batman into all of this.

No Batman please. I want this show to stick to purely Superman or deal at most with a few other heroes but no no no Batman

Maybe Hoechlin can double as Batman. :o

No Batman please. I want this show to stick to purely Superman or deal at most with a few other heroes but no no no Batman
I'm not talking about as a season regular but for crossover events and felt like Superman should've given that 7734 to Batman than Steel much like the comics.

I don't think Superman should've given the 7734 to any one single person. If Steel becomes corrupted then won't he use the Kryptonite against Superman?

They should introduce Wonder Woman before Batman imo

I wouldn’t mind have a guest appearance of Batman and Wonder Woman, especially since this version of Superman has been around for 20 something years as established by Lois in the recent episode.

they could have an episode that takes an inspiration from a story from Superman (red & Blue)

I wouldn’t mind have a guest appearance of Batman and Wonder Woman, especially since this version of Superman has been around for 20 something years as established by Lois in the recent episode.

they could have an episode that takes an inspiration from a story from Superman (red & Blue)

Correct given on the show it is established that he is 39-40 years old.

yeah if he's been around for a decade or two, it'd definitely make sense if Tyler's Superman had adventures with Bruce and the rest of the league members at some point

But what about the newly formed Justice League that came together post Crisis? He never indicated he'd already been in some other kind of league but seemed to suggest this was the first time he was involved in something like that.

But what about the newly formed Justice League that came together post Crisis? He never indicated he'd already been in some other kind of league but seemed to suggest this was the first time he was involved in something like that.
honestly, the best way to combat that is to ignore it. The Arrowverse is pretty much on borrowed time as it is. Soon it'll just be Flash and S&L, and I doubt people will care too much if you just phase out that post crisis team for something that fits S&L more.

honestly, the best way to combat that is to ignore it. The Arrowverse is pretty much on borrowed time as it is. Soon it'll just be Flash and S&L, and I doubt people will care too much if you just phase out that post crisis team for something that fits S&L more.
Agreed Supergirl is already forgotten for the most part. Plus they already established that Superman & Batman use to team-up on Supergirl so it's not that hard to introduce an already established Wonder Woman and Batman.

On thing I truly think this show is making a mistake on is if DC is setting Jon up to be Superman in the comics then he should be the one with the powers on the show. That's just what I think I think they should've gave Jon Jordan's story and Jordan Jon's story but it is what it is.

On thing I truly think this show is making a mistake on is if DC is setting Jon up to be Superman in the comics then he should be the one with the powers on the show. That's just what I think I think they should've gave Jon Jordan's story and Jordan Jon's story but it is what it is.

The two Jons are very different. Jon in the comics is an only child, had rapid aging, and of course is an only sibling. Jordan is probably closer to comic Jon in looks.

The two Jons are very different. Jon in the comics is an only child, had rapid aging, and of course is an only sibling. Jordan is probably closer to comic Jon in looks.
Doesn't matter if you're about to do this whole new huge chapter for Superman and are trying to get people on board or use to Jon being Superman for the foreseeable future then they should've gave Jon the powers. Just good marketing at that point.

Doesn't matter if you're about to do this whole new huge chapter for Superman and are trying to get people on board or use to Jon being Superman for the foreseeable future then they should've gave Jon the powers. Just good marketing at that point.

Jordan isnt going to be Superman anytime soon so it wouldnt matter if Jon had the powers because he isnt going to be Superman anytime soon either in the tv show. Not that many people are going to care that only child Jon is Superman in the comics while twins Jon and Jordan are in the tv show and Jordan has the powers.

If we want that much synergy between the two then we need to lose a kid.

Jordan isnt going to be Superman anytime soon so it wouldnt matter if Jon had the powers because he isnt going to be Superman anytime soon either in the tv show. Not that many people are going to care that only child Jon is Superman in the comics while twins Jon and Jordan are in the tv show and Jordan has the powers.

If we want that much synergy between the two then we need to lose a kid.
Would love it if Jordan turned out to be Myx. It would be a good twist like when he thought he was Clark Kent for a while.

Flash is on borrowed time too. They lost the mojo seasons ago. Has 1-2 more seasons tops

Yeah i cant imagine Flash going for much longer. You guys are right now that i think of it, the Arrowverse is pretty much in its last act:

Arrow: done
Flash: 1-2 more seasons
LoT: I feel like this year’s its last.
Supergirl: done.
Black Lightning: done
Batwoman: I cannot imagine it continuing past this year. Nothing but bad buzz and ratings surrounding it.

Superman & Lois is basically a fresh start. I guess theres Star Girl too right? Does that count? Lol

Stargirl is a different Earth so I wouldnt count her.

Right now we have 4 Arrowverse shows left, I think next year will really prove if they plan on keeping "Earth 1" alive and going or breaking off from it.

E7HqxBnVcAEeQd9

Probably one of the biggest improvements in a live-action super hero suit, ever. Miles better than the first one.

I also have fears of this turning into a "traditional CW DC show". I really dont hope this takes such a dip in quality as The Flash and Arrow took.

I am also fine with them keeping references/characters from the Arrow-verse away from this. Ok, they had a Diggle extended cameo, fine, but even if I like the actor, it already gave flashbacks about morons in leather standing on the same wet rooftop in Vancouver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"