• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

WB might as well have just waited for S&L to get cancelled naturally since they just cancelled Walker after 4 seasons. If that didnt last...they definitely wouldnt have renewed our lil show for a 5th season

WB might as well have just waited for S&L to get cancelled naturally since they just cancelled Walker after 4 seasons. If that didnt last...they definitely wouldnt have renewed our lil show for a 5th season
I felt like Brad Schwartz blaming WB for it ending was always a convenient excuse anyway 🤷

I felt like Brad Schwartz blaming WB for it ending was always a convenient excuse anyway 🤷
Specifically when his boss had already spilled the beans that they cancelled it because it was too expensive for them. "WB didn't want competition" certainly sounded better when promoting the final season of your product, but I ain't buying. Especially after cancelling Walker too, it's becoming pretty obvious. All-American better watch out. The New CW isn't actually interested in the programming of Old CW at all. They just wanted the carryover viewers for them to promote their new direction to.

Finally catching up on season 3. I say this as a manly man who eats metal plating for breakfast and drinks a lot at weekends. But I don't think there hasn't been an episode this season which hasn't AT THE VERY LEAST got me teary eyed. And sometimes it's been more than that.

Great show.

Dont remember where but it was posted that the show had serious restrictions on how many villains they could feature.

To such an extent they were given a list. Might be interesting to know how many they were one day. :hmm:

What I did like about the show was the similar style to Man of Steel with a more serious tone and color palette.

Last edited:
So what is exactly CW's new direction? The only thing I have ever watched on WB/CW has been DC properties.

Excited to watch this final season though! Hoechlin started off as someone I could not see as Superman at all (that first reveal photo did no favors for me personally) to becoming the most well rounded actor to take on the role. I have a hard time saying who's my favorite, but he's been staying top 2 since the end of S1.

Did anyone ever buy the premium toys figure of Hoechlin' Superman? I'm enticed, if I ever have enough extra cash.

1674231650246.png

Dont remember where but it was posted that the show had serious restrictions on how many villains they could feature.

To such an extent they were given a list. Might be interesting to know how many they were one day. :hmm:

What I did like about the show was the similar style to Man of Steel with a more serious tone and color palette.
Interesting. The color palette is my least-favorite aspect of the show. It looks downright dreary to me most of the time. Thankfully the story, characters and tone of the writing make up for it, though. And they do have some visually stunning effects sequences too, I’ll give them that. But man, so often I just wanna turn the brightness up lol.

So what is exactly CW's new direction? The only thing I have ever watched on WB/CW has been DC properties.

Excited to watch this final season though! Hoechlin started off as someone I could not see as Superman at all (that first reveal photo did no favors for me personally) to becoming the most well rounded actor to take on the role. I have a hard time saying who's my favorite, but he's been staying top 2 since the end of S1.

Did anyone ever buy the premium toys figure of Hoechlin' Superman? I'm enticed, if I ever have enough extra cash.

View attachment 91451
Well now that WB isn't part owner they are revamping. That is why they added wrestling.

It will be curious to see what a post Riverdale/Arrowverse CW looks like, as the network has been built on that for the past decade or so. And I agree- Hoechlin didn't win me over on Supergirl with how that show tried too hard to imitate Reeve. But he truly came into his own and feels like the most relatable Superman to me, which isn't something I can say for Reeve or Cavill, who I also love. I really think the family dynamic of the show is what helps, but while there are things about Reeve and Cavill I prefer over Hoechlin, I could see this man being my current favorite live-action interpretation of the character.

View attachment 91451
I seriously considered getting that, but I'm not really collector and just couldn't pull the trigger on paying over $100 on a figurine lol.

As for the CW, right now it feels like their new direction is "throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks." They've ordered 4 new scripted shows for the next season, a couple game shows (both based on famous board games - Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble), and of course, wrestling, NASCAR and college football. One of the scripted shows is a reboot/revival of that TNT show The Librarians, a couple of them are procedurals. Idk, seems like they're open to licensing (cheaper) established brands, but they aren't pulling out any big moves. Frankly, I think they're just counting on the sports to help them build ad capital for a while.

TheCW isn't a "network" anymore.

They're all about cheap reality and buying Canadian shows that they can air as "original" programming.

My copy of Superman and Lois S3 Blu-ray just shipped from Amazon and is scheduled to arrive Wednesday. I can’t wait to add it to my Superman and Lois season one and two Blu-ray sets.

Bitsie Tulloch recently appeared at the Metropolis Celebration in Illinois this past weekend, and she made a certain major tease:

“You guys are not going to believe the first episode,” she teased. “It’s bananas. It’s emotional. What they did was based on one of the comics. It was a very bold decision on their part to do to do this and to pull it off for the first episode of Season 4.”

Sounds like they're really going for it from the start with season 4. I'd kind of forgotten we still had this coming - very glad to be reminded. I've made my peace with the show ending and just want them to sign off in style and pay everything off. The ending is surely going to be about family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"