Superman Red Son is coming

I feel a disconnect between both their comics line and animated movie line. In the comics line they are in the Rebirth era while the animated movies are in the New 52 era. They need to align their properties with a focused direction.

I don't think they necessarily need to be aligned, as long as they're both good. But they're not.

The problems with these movies started when they started using one continuity for them. They were originally intended to be completely separate films, each with their own unique art style modeled after the comics they came from. Nothing would stop them from being considered the same universe, story-wise. But they weren't meant to show a "bigger" universe story line.

They abandoned doing things like New Frontier, which were completely their own thing. And starting changing iconic stories (like Judas Contract) into bastardized versions that fit this universe. And occasionally phoning in an Elseworlds story.

The quality has suffered for it.

Don't know if he's done such an accent, but he seems like the kind of actor who should be able to.

that’s cool. I wonder if he’ll just say “bugger it” and do some random northern English accent like in death of Stalin

Question: with WW:BL out, has the sneak peak been released yet?

Feeling more action packed than I remember. Time will tell if that’s just marketing.

This actually looks good! And the animation looks good!

Of course I already know WWs outcome in this story so really....I just hope that DC does an Elseworlds story where for once WW isnt the villain, isnt the love interest, but is the hero when it comes to opposing Superman and batman.

Well, Trump has a new favorite Superman movie.

I really wish they would have done this in the Fleischer Superman art style, but other than that, everything looks like it was taken from the graphic novel.

6xng2fo56f541.jpg

This actually looks good! And the animation looks good!

Of course I already know WWs outcome in this story so really....I just hope that DC does an Elseworlds story where for once WW isnt the villain, isnt the love interest, but is the hero when it comes to opposing Superman and batman.

Trinity by Matt Fraction would make for a great animated film. Really great story where Wonder Woman shines

Trinity by Matt Fraction would make for a great animated film. Really great story where Wonder Woman shines

Damn, that's a good idea. Matt Wagner's art style would be pretty easy to adapt into animation.

Edit: Oh, you said Fraction...did you mean Wagner, or is there a Matt Fraction Trinity book I don't know about? Because I would read the hell out of that too.

yes, Matt Wagner--my mistake!

Do Superman Lives in animated form. That's what I want.

Yeah it's good, but I was expecting more honestly. This one was ripe for potential and while I did enjoy it I do wonder if it should been a proper 2 hour film instead of an hour and 20 something minutes, because it definitely feels some stuff really needed fleshing out particularly this even darker and more hardcore version of Batman and the Brainiac stuff was weird too IMO. I didn't really like what they did with Diana in this either, although I thought what they did with Lex Luthor was kind of interesting and different.

It's a solid 7/10. They ditch the time paradox ending of the original book and they make Luthor less of a sociopath than he was in the source material, but it's a solid adaptation of my personal favorite Superman story.

It's a solid 7/10. They ditch the time paradox ending of the original book and they make Luthor less of a sociopath than he was in the source material, but it's a solid adaptation of my personal favorite Superman story.

Man that would have been the perfect launching point for JL War.

So how did they end it??? Was there any post credits scenes??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"