Superman Returns posters bios

Discussion in 'Superman Returns' started by Excel, Aug 6, 2005.

1. nosebleed. Registered

good, bad...what's the difference?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Morg Super Moderator

3. skruloos Registered

My name is Brad. I was a screenwriter, or still trying to be, but am now slaving away at a communications company in Las Vegas. I used to live all over California, and in LA, but made the move to Sin City due to lower housing costs, a great job opportunity, and most importantly, the love of my life.

The benefit is that LA is a mere 3 hour drive away (at least at the speeds I drive) so I can still meet with my agent and go to meet and greets. Of course, I also get to live in a true 24 hour city that never sleeps.

I've worked as a PA and on script teams on a few television shows (yay for Genre Television) and been script doctor on a few indie films. Right now I'm putting together a project of my own. I have a BA in Film and Digital Media and an AAS in Network Administration.

I've been a fan of Batman all my life, with Superman a close second. I discovered Superman when my father handed down his Silver Age collection to me when I was but a youth. The first Superman story I remember reading was when I was 5 and it was a Mxyptlk tale. I wish I still had that issue.

4. Captain Villa Registered

Welcome to the hype but please dont start your career off by acting tough. Forumers have loooooooooong memories.

5. JamalYIgle Registered

6. Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    Hey Morg. Haven't seen you on AIM in forever!

7. batman44 Go Speed GO

I am batman44 (Chris really), 19 African American. Really looking for a job rightnow, but I know God will bless soon. I'm not in school right now, but I'll be going back in the spring semester for art and filmmaking. hobbies are drawing, playing drums, watching movies and Tv (love cartoons), play games, read comics, and just flat out having a good time. I also like listening to all types of music, though I can't really get into most pop and country. Some of my black friends find it shocking that I like rock or that I really like classical and gospel, say I don't look it..........whatever. :p

I'm a pretty goofy guy and easy to get along with.....well imo anyway. But if you didn't really know me you probably think I'm a quite guy. Some people call me church boy cause I like going to church (mine n-e-ways) + I never had sex, smoked, and etc, doesn't really bother me. Superman and Batman are by far my two favorite comic characters, they both tie for #1. About Superman Returns, I cannot wait for this movie, I never had the feeling of watching Superman on the big screen and I'm hoping that it's a good movie. Same scenerio I had with Batman, my parents never took me to see Batman at the movies, so BB was very special to me.

Superman Returns, Nintendo Revolution, and turning 20 in the same year= 2006 Rocks :up: :supes:

8. Morg Super Moderator

should be the other way around, I haven't seen you on aim forever :p
    Did you change your username? or lost mine?

9. nosebleed. Registered

:confused: You're looking forward to the Nintendo Rev moreso than the PS3?? Well, to each his own.

10. batman44 Go Speed GO

LOL yeah, it's another thing I might get teased for (loving Nintendo). It's almost like I'm in the minoirty of things I like. :O

11. tracethes Guest

Hi there, been lurking for the longest time though I guess I'm just too lazy to post. Or scared of the feisty reputation this place has :up: he he.

Me:
    My name is David, I'm 23 and just graduated from Music college with my degree in Jazz music. I'm now a professional musician, playing, writing, recording etc various projects & bands alongside my main solo career I'm trying to launch. I also teach music, produce and record other people's music.

Making ends meet with that doesn't leave time for much accept my love of all things Superman! And I've been hooked since I was a kid with the movies, and recently since my late teens come to really love the mythology and what Superman stands for. I dont read much of the comics (dont know where to start the history of its all so huge!) although have a few of the graphic novels, but I do collect Superman T-Shirts ha ha i'm a nerd!

Superman Returns Thoughts In General & Singer:
    As much as I love the CR movies Superman has always been bigger than just that one interpretation for me. I've been dreaming of a new movie for over a decade and so now the real deal is finally coming I'm not too picky about the details we are currently aware of. I say currently because context and story are abviously things we're very much in the cold with until we see the movie, and people often forget that those are crucial.

My main concern/worry over the last 10 years has been the "modernising" and "updating" of Superman. Changing it beyond recognition to something what it has never been. We've had some dark scary moments over the last decade with Nic Cage, Burton, McG and co. and so when I think about what could have been, I'm so glad that Singer has professed a LOVE for the heart of the character. That Clark is the disguise and Superman is the hero. I love that Superman is the a shining light of hope in this "tortured super-hero" world we are surrounded in today.

I've never wanted a Clark with issues to be honest, as a kid I never related to Batman or Spider-Man the way other people did. And whilst I understand why people do connect to them:- i.e the "darkness" of humanity and what can be justice, or the "regular nerd with powers" thing, I looked to Superman as something to aspire to. He doesn't really complain or whinge even when the worlds against him, and will go to the ends of the earth to adhere to the law and protect not only the people but the ideals he believes in.

That to me was, and still is far more appealing than finding solace in the mortal superhero's that its "ok" to be weak sometimes because we're all human. Superman isn't human just by the very name, and I'm not saying he should never "feel" anything, or struggle with his decisions or judgement, of course not. But CR portrayal was always so optimistic and powerful that it left you feeling inspired and believed that maybe somewhere out there, there is a kid on a farm bench pressing a tractor.

So Singer going after a little of Donner is by no means a bad thing for me. I believe we're getting the real character, and so long as that is coupled with the right acting then I cant see it losing, but more on BR in a bit. Whilst so many films are contemporizing and dating themselves firmly in today, Singers photography and design is looking truly unique & remarkable.

I know some people have been worried about this; about it looking too 40's or too SkyCaptain like. But I imagine that it is not going that far, but just taking the Fleischer era as a base to then layer the modern day world on top of. The colour tone and some of the style yes harks back to the 30/40's giving it this beautiful warmth (coupled with the cinematography drroooll) that to me is symbolic of Superman in general. Yet the technology within the film (not whats used to make it) is going to clearly root it in where we are about now. i.e the flat panel tv screens, lex's boat & all the shots of CK running around the streets of Met. about to :supes: certainly look and feel contemporary to me.

We've had very little real footage or pics to really get too concerned over if it's going to be too much this way or that way yet. I think when the full trailer hits after xmas maybe sometimes then everything will start to make sense.

Routh & The Suit:
    I fell for the suit the first time I saw it. Yep I thought the red was dark but accepted it and did think it worked against the blue and BR skin tone. And since seeing it in context with the tone of Met. colours, am completley sold on it. Love the S on the belt, and everything kind of feels tweaked at the edges to make it look a little less 70's.

Again I'm not a die hard S:TM purist so I can, and will accept the changes. But to be perfectly honest, its blue, red(butdark) and yellow, he's got boots, pants over the tights, a belt, a cape and an S on his chest. It's Superman, what more do we want? The suit has changed with every incarnation through the comics and live actons over the years and to me this looks wonderful. I mean come on its not like its, and I quote "Matrix Style" :confused: or whatever else was conceptualized over the last 10 years.

It looks like Supes. Show it to anyone and ask who its sposed to be, unless they've never been exposed to pop-culture you'll get the right answer. I think that is the ultimate thing. Sure its a little weird right now because we've all got our own definitive idea of how it should be, and 9/10 that probably is the Reeve suit, but I'm sure that when we see it in context in the movie a lot of people will be totally won over with the way it works.

Now Mr BJR. Originally I was kinda gunning for the guy we cant talk about . However I did some soul seraching and thought about it some more and a month or so before BR was revealed I decided that an unknown was very important to me. Because as great as I thought TW looked I know too much about him to really suspend my belief for 2 hours in that a man can fly. I would be subconsciously looking at the screen thinking "thats TW in the suit".

Right now I have next to no info on BR like everyone. We've never seen him act, and we havn't had the media machine feed us every nasty detail about him (YET! :( ) . So seeing these stills, I'm captivated and so anxious to see the movie, becuase I know that watching him play that role for the first time I have the potential to feel the same way I did when seeing S:TM for the first time.

Right now I just have to trust that Singer has made the right choice acting wise in BR. The way he delivered the "grave yard" line in the blog22 made me realise his voice is amazing, and I'm completley sold on his look so that only leaves the final physical performance of Kal-El and the bumbling Clark that we're told BR oozes naturally. So i'm being optimistic, but we will have to wait and see.

As for his build, bah..I cant moan I'm 6' and a 165 pound weakling so I'm not gonna rip on him saying he's skinny. I think for a live action Superman he's gonna be fine. Once again we have so little context to put the images we've seen of him in yet. At 6'2'' & the way his mass looks, h'es gonna look great. I'm definatley a believer in a NON body buiilding superman (I really dislike the Ross art & and O'Hearn for example) i think he should be big and muscular and toned but not enormous. Reeve was great, I was watching how much he towered over Perry and Jimmy the other day in SIII and thought if BR is only an inch shorter than CR then for me at least, he's gonna be fine build wise.

Ha ha and after seeing that Gym pic, I think a lot of people putting his body down will have to eat the their words or go into further state of denial :supes:

Well I guess that sums it up, first post and quite a long one...I imagine most of it wont get read, but its been good to actaully vent my thoughts. I so far am loving what I'm seeng and the bits I'm not, I'm being hopefull and optimistic for. Afterall we've waited this long and endured a rollercoaster ride of production nightmares that I think however it turns out from this point, we're getting a sweet deal! I know its part of human nature to look for the faults and negatives in life, even in the things we love...but I'm trying not to with this movie. It's the one i've really really been waiting for!

So, there it is, and here I am.

Nice to meet you all

Trace The S

oh yea, i'm from the UK, should have mentioned that doh! Infact i'm seriously tempted to go to the US for June 30th and see it on opening day, any other UKers thinking about that?

12. Showtime Your Friend In Time

That is a damn good introduction. Glad to have you on the boards. I am in agreement with most of your points. You presented them well. I look forward to more of your posts.

13. tracethes Guest

Thanks Showtime, and hello. I am gonna try and be more post-active as we get closer and closer. SHH forum traffic moves almost as quick as Harmony Central (very busy music forums) so threads get gobbled up and that always makes it hard for me to keep up to date with working and all.

But am gonna try, i wish i could be plugged into SHH & BT.net 24/7 ha ha never a miss a beat of info!

Trace The :supes:

14. Whack Arnolds Registered

My name is Mitchell, 20, and a college student at DePaul University in Chicago, where I will be a junior this year. I am a huge basketball fan, and then my interests mainly point towards females, hehe. Comics wise, I have been a fan of Batman my entire life, mainly due to the Burton movies. I read my first comic in the summer of 2003, and fell in love with the Batman graphic novels. I have always enjoyed the stories of Superman, but not to the extent that I like Batman or Spider-Man. I'm looking forward to Superman Returns, though it is not the story I felt they should have done and all the news up to this point has been mediocre at best.

15. Tojo Registered

Wtf.......:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

16. Whack Arnolds Registered

Tojo, you the man. Don't listen to the dude.

17. Well I've floated around here with different usernames over the past few years and I was a long time lurker until Begins flushed me out of hiding. Great film by the by. I'd followed Batman since JettD60's batman 5 page was around, so somewhere around seven or eight years. I'm 20 and a Deck Seaman in the United States Navy, I'll be going to A school to become a journalist hopefully pretty soon. I've held varied levels of activity on this site in the Begins forums, this forum and the community forum. I will someday finish my BA in Political Science and move on to bigger and brighter things but for now I'm content as a public servant. I'm looking forward to Singers adaptation, I think it won't be perfect but better than any of our other possibilities have been. So heres to what will probably be a good superhero flick.

18. Alonsovich Schumacher's Spider-man

Thank God... another musician in SHH... I was starting to feel alone... :up:

19. Excel O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

bump. lots of newbs seem to be here and the upcoming trailer ensures more.

20. davejames Registered

Oh what the hell, here goes: My name is David (as you can tell by my highly original username [​IMG]), I'm 31, and I live in Sacramento. I work at a title company to pay the bills, but my main passion is sculpting and scratchbuilding (and watching the Kings, who apparently suck this year). I usually go back and forth between sculpting busts of figures and scratchbuilding models with styrene, depending on the mood I'm in.

Before I caught the SR bug I was building scale models of different Enterprise bridges (the pilot, TOS, TWOK, and TNG) which the people at the starshipmodeler boards seemed to like. I also like to make oddball things like a 3 foot long fossilized Triceratops skull or a paper Transformer. I've got a ton of projects I want to start on, and should be busy for oh, the next 20 years or so.

But right now it's all Superman, all the time for me. I already finished a Routh and Fleischer sculpture, and now I'm trying to sculpt a better head for an old Chris Reeve bust. And then I'll move onto Kirk Alyn hopefully...

Yeah I know it doesn't sound like the most exciting life, but it works for me. [​IMG]

21. one more thing, even though my name sounded like an 'arab' or 'muslim' name, i'm in fact not and far from that. Ahhh maybe I'm mis-reading this, but that came off a little racist. I'm arabic, and muslim. If my name seemed chinese, I wouldn't say even though my name sounds chinese, I'm far from it.

22. ohmshalone on the brink of sanity

i'm an introvert, so I'll be a bit vague:

I'm South African, indian origin and probably the only Muslim on these boards. 22 years old and hoping that after the SR movie comes out, I can finally keep away from my pc and get on with more important things in life :)

edit: woops, sorry supermanmi, didn't see your post right above me, so I guess I'm not the only muslim here after all

23. Excel O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

bumping due to a lot of new posters that have arrived or wil be arriving shortly.

24. Showtime Your Friend In Time

Good idea XL.

I loved this thread.

25. SolidSnakeMGS Registered

This is a nice thread.

My name is Clint, like Eastwood. I'm 29 and live in South Carolina, which is a very boring place. I am thinking of moving to Austin, Texas, for reasons that will be hinted at in the following info about me. I live in a duplex by myself and have a job I hate immensely.

My user name is based off of Solid Snake, a character from the Metal Gear games. I consider those games to be the best video game series of all time for it's wonderful stories, excellent characters, and of course, because the games are terribly fun and well made. The Metal Gear Solid games are one of the reasons I got a PS2 and the third Metal Gear Solid game may directly influence my decision to get a PS3 if I choose to do so.

I love movies. I have over 350 DVDs (which is small time to some, I know) and I tend to watch a movie or two every day. My tastes go from old classics like Casablanca to big epics like Lawrence of Arabia to modern day comic book movies like Batman Begins. With my tastes though, I have been often times called a "film snob", as I will dismiss movies made by Michael Bay and PWS Anderson just for example (there are many other directors I despise) because I consider them pure dreck.

I make short movies with a group of people that right now, I have doubts about because they can't keep up with my ambitious and driven nature. If I was in control, we would have a lot more to show people. This is a serious source of disappointment to me, and one of the reasons I am thinking of moving. I need a group of filmmakers/creators that is just as dedicated as myself.

Just to give you an idea of what type of stuff we make, here is a small clip from our upcoming short. This was edited at about 6 am last night (or this morning). There will be a lot more to the full version...hopefully.

Army Dudes

As said, I have an interest in movies. I also have an interest in World War 2, and love to discuss it. It's one of the most important events in history, and it encompasses types of events that still to this day happen. The heroism during that time -- from all sides and all places -- is an amazing testament to humanity. It's also hugely fascinating and deep with stories of accomplishment.

Superman Returns is my most anticipated film of all time right now, and is equal or sometimes below my anticipation for the Star Wars films, which with the exception of Revenge of the Sith was a large disappointment to me. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and have spent thousands on merchandise such as figures, posters, games, soundtracks, books, and of course, the movies (although I do not own the first two prequels). Like the original '78 Donner Superman, I grew up with these movies and still greatly love them to this day.

I mostly post here and this board is the reason I started an account. Hello to all!