Superman vs. Captain Marvel

Superman is on Earth as well and is an Earth-base hero. Still, Marvel retains the title.

LOL. Read the comics again bud. When those two fight you won't see any difference. And Marvel already stated that he could beat Supes anytime if he wanted to.

A review on logic: A wins over B does not mean A would win against C.

Idiot's guide to the word IMMORTAL: immortal - a being that could not die; eternal; everlasting.

You're in a state of pure denial. Remember that Doomsday killed him even under the environment with a yellow sun. Remember also that kryptonite can kill him as well in such an environment.

No he doesn't because Marvel is "Earth's" mightiest mortal. For you to conclude the Marvel is the mightiest, you would have to come to the conclusion Caps strength (which is the same as Hercules) is superior to Supermans. Which isn't the case, Superman's strength is superior to Caps. Yes Cap is the mightiest "earth/human" mortal..hence the catch phrase. He is not the mightiest "mortal" is that were the case his title would be "The mightiest mortal", but it's not it's "Earth's" mightiest mortal.

You know it's funny because if you read Superman/Batman #5 you'd know that...

"Superman explains what has happened in a quick monologue: He and Batman allowed Hawkman and Captain Marvel to think they had bested them in order to give Katana and Power Girl the time and opportunity to track down the boy in Tokyo. At the first chance, the two heroes bested their captors and disguised themselves as them in order to approach the White House without incident."

So there you go proof Superman LET Marvel beat him...LOL From now on you can no longer use Superman/Batman #5

The logic holds Superman has fought plenty of magical beings and won. You are trying to put forth an argument that Supes can't win against Marvel because one of Supes weakness is magic. This isn't true.

Did you read what I posted? I said "In the truest sence of immortality" Superman is immortal.

I CLEARLY stated

"Getting killed however, is entirely possible. He could be beaten to death, a la the doomsday fight, but also, the older he gets, the stronger and more resilient he becomes, so even this gets harder."

He was defeated by Doomsday because Doomsday was (at the time) his physical equal. Not to mention that 1992 Superman was much much weaker than current 2007 Superman. In 1992 that was only 6 years after the reboot. Have you seen Superman's latest battles with Doomsday? Superman defeats Doomsday every time now. Why..because he's grown in power, hence my original argument. The longer Superman absorbs the rays of the yellow sun the more powerful he gets, and the more difficult it is to defeat him.

Remember in the Lord of the Rings trilogy? The elves were called the "immortals" because they can't die from old age. Yet they were being killed in battle. There is more than one "version" of the term immortal.

No he doesn't because Marvel is "Earth's" mightiest mortal. For you to conclude the Marvel is the mightiest, you would have to come to the conclusion Caps strength (which is the same as Hercules) is superior to Supermans. Which isn't the case, Superman's strength is superior to Caps. Yes Cap is the mightiest "earth/human" mortal..hence the catch phrase. He is not the mightiest "mortal" is that were the case his title would be "The mightiest mortal", but it's not it's "Earth's" mightiest mortal.

Earth means Earth. If Superman is indeed mightier then he would have the title.

You know it's funny because if you read Superman/Batman #5 you'd know that...

"Superman explains what has happened in a quick monologue: He and Batman allowed Hawkman and Captain Marvel to think they had bested them in order to give Katana and Power Girl the time and opportunity to track down the boy in Tokyo. At the first chance, the two heroes bested their captors and disguised themselves as them in order to approach the White House without incident."

So there you go proof Superman LET Marvel beat him...LOL From now on you can no longer use Superman/Batman #5

If you really read Superman/Batman #5 then you would have read Superman admitting that Captain Marvel, due to the nature of his powers, has the edge over him toe to toe.

The logic holds Superman has fought plenty of magical beings and won. You are trying to put forth an argument that Supes can't win against Marvel because one of Supes weakness is magic. This isn't true.

It is true. Someone with Marvel's capabilities can capitalize on such an advantage. Only DC's bias allow someone like Luthor or anyone with a decent intelligence to fail in using such knowledge in proper use.

Did you read what I posted? I said "In the truest sence of immortality" Superman is immortal.

The truest sense of immortality means you cannot die whether you like it or not no matter what the cause.

I CLEARLY stated

"Getting killed however, is entirely possible. He could be beaten to death, a la the doomsday fight, but also, the older he gets, the stronger and more resilient he becomes, so even this gets harder."

That alone contradicts your claim the Supes is immortal. And even though he grows stronger his weaknesses remain.

He was defeated by Doomsday because Doomsday was (at the time) his physical equal. Not to mention that 1992 Superman was much much weaker than current 2007 Superman. In 1992 that was only 6 years after the reboot. Have you seen Superman's latest battles with Doomsday? Superman defeats Doomsday every time now. Why..because he's grown in power, hence my original argument. The longer Superman absorbs the rays of the yellow sun the more powerful he gets, and the more difficult it is to defeat him.

You sure about that? Doomsday can't be killed by Supes anymore. Hell, even the stronger Supes got his arm broken by Doomsday in one of their rematch.

Remember in the Lord of the Rings trilogy? The elves were called the "immortals" because they can't die from old age. Yet they were being killed in battle. There is more than one "version" of the term immortal.

Like I give a damn. Immortal means immortal, someone who cannot and will never die. Any being that can die is a mortal.

Logic states that CM > SM.

^earth is earth allright, but superman isn't necesarilly limited to earth, and besides how can CM be inmortal if he is earth's mightiest MORTAL?

^allways a reasonable argument by leaguer

I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to think that's what I said. Do you think that's what I said? I'd tell you to think before you answer, but that may not be possible in your case.

Everybody knows Superman bows down to the world's mightiest mortal!

00000000000Cesar20-20Shazam20vs20Su.jpg

Right NOW in a straight up fight on the Rock of Eternity,... Captain Marvel Wins.

Prior to the LAST two DC comic wide events,.. Superman wins.

If he lives long enough there will be a time when Superman will be able to again beat Billy.

C'mon People look at "feats" and realize.

Captain Marvel Jr. will be retaking the position of "Worlds Mightiest Mortal" While Billy Sits on the rock.

You even quoted me, and you still left out "of?"

of, no, and, it was stupid thing to say dude. on a very serous note, Whats going on man? You seem to be slipping, I think you need to retool and go see whats wrong. Your comment was just unexceptable, Im not going to sit around and let your fall into the deep abyss.

I'm glad my comment was unexceptable and not unacceptable. That would just crush me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"