Superman's power level - Part 1

I want CGI to be done in a way that doesn't scream "HEY!!! LOOK AT ME!!! I'M CGI!!!" like most is these days. It's all directed and "filmed" in a way that makes it all so obvious rather than just letting it blend in.

Just a random thought -- in the comics, has Superman ever addressed an entire city using only his voice?

I was thinking it might be cool if he just hovered over Metropolis and was able to address the entire city by simply talking loudly.

Not sure what made me think about that potential "power".

Super loud voice to address a whole city? Sounds really corny.

If they're going the route of having the public distrust Superman, he could give a speech about rebuilding Metropolis after its destruction. It could be a powerful scene of people all over the city walking outside of their home or office building looking up into the sky listening to Superman's speech.

Eh...was just a random thought.

I see where your going but I think that would make him seem above us all...I'd rather have him address the city from a podium or just infront of a camera

^ Same. Using super loud voice makes him seem too showy.

Earlier I was staring at the the many gifs of Supes flying towards the sky from the teaser and was again very happy with how real it looks.

2504828-man_of_steel1.gif

So I went on the youtube hunt to find more video of other angles I want to have when watching Cavill's Superman fly from a far. And how real it can look if they have the tech to do it... I think they do. It's all about the way they have the sunlight hit him on how real they make it look. That's what I've noticed they have improved on in the graphics and video games to give it a touch of real. And of course, there is always the option of doing it for real... Here's a little example of some amazing shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xmlAW_1hgT8#t=201s

I really want MOS to set the bar when I comes to flying. Especially now that everyone is doing it...

Just to add they can get real speed and background movement from stuff like this and work from it see how the body moves etc... this is personally my favourite

http://youtu.be/I4U6T_BB1N8?t=1m1s

I posted the same thing. :up:

Just a random thought -- in the comics, has Superman ever addressed an entire city using only his voice?

I was thinking it might be cool if he just hovered over Metropolis and was able to address the entire city by simply talking loudly.

Super loud voice to address a whole city? Sounds really corny.

I'm reading this and all I can think of is Ron Burgundy shouting ''News Team - Assemble!!!''.

I'm not sure how i feel on the subject of speeches in general.

On the one hand, Supes is not a shy emo man hiding from the public. He's always been more than just a silent hero, so voicing his message in a confident way is important.

On the other hand, i feel like supes standing at a podium giving some speech about truth a justice might come across a bit cheesy.

Not sure...

On the other hand, i feel like supes standing at a podium giving some speech about truth a justice might come across a bit cheesy.

I agree. No addressing the UN, no answering reporters’ trite questions at the scene of a rescue, no doing interviews. Of course, Supes is never cold or impatient with average folks. But he still needs to be slightly mysterious and enigmatic.

Speed - Mach 5.
Strength - Able to lift a 747 airplane with some effort.
Durability - Missiles and RPGs can knock him off balance but not by much. Can't penetrate his skin though.

I'd like his power level to be toned down for the movie. Nothing godly.

Last edited:
Speed. Short burts of around 10,000 mph, but Usually around 5 k. Strength. Around a 100,000 tons. Duribility. Able to withstand extrem heat, cold, radiation, and extrem outside forces up to a point, ie, missiles, gunfire, and Tank fire couldnt hurt him, but A nuke would. It would do to him what a boxer would do to us. Knock out.

Last edited:
Superstrength-MCU hulk level
Superspeed in Combat/on Land-I know this is controverisal but Id like Supes to be slower than a bullet.I want Supes to be clearly superhumanly fast but no so fast that we need slow mo to see whats going on.Im trying my best to think of a movie that has the closest display to this but all I got is Twilight.

Flight-Neoesque except more realistic.Judging fom the comic con trailer,Mos Got this one right

Heat vision-smallville potrayed lowlevel heat vion perfectly.Highlevel heat vision shld be like Cyclops laser vision in the movies.

SuperBreath and Superhearing-Smallville got it right

Zoom vison-Should be a cool combo of Xray vison,Microscopic vison,Telescopic vision.

Last edited:
I agree. No addressing the UN, no answering reporters’ trite questions at the scene of a rescue, no doing interviews. Of course, Supes is never cold or impatient with average folks. But he still needs to be slightly mysterious and enigmatic.

I think that Superman will start doing interviews and addressing the public for the Justice League. For now, I think MoS might be too early for him to be doing interviews.

Thats a neat idea, but if anyone is going to be addressing the entire city with a super powered voice, I think it should be Zod.

Timm's Superman?

So for most of the trilogy Superman gets beat by everyone and their grandma but during the last fight in the third movie he makes some bull**** speech about how hard it is to contain his power and one-shots the villain.

No thanks.

But even then superman was going to lose if lex did not step in.folk forget that.

And then the villain turns around and paralyses him with an "agony matrix" and Lex comes to the rescue. No thanks to that as well. :oldrazz:

Well superman is not all powerful,and keep in mind that villian became more powerful THEN HIM.

thrilled to see he can fly in space without a suit

He also seems to be taking a rest under sea, so he probably don't have the need to breathe or at least can hold his breath for a longer time. Probably what he does in space too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"