Name That Reboot: Title Suggestions - Part 1

The problem with Kal-El is WB's problem with 'Legend of the Guardians'. The original title was 'Guardians of Ga'hoole' but they were afraid that people may not understand or even pronounce the word.

Eventually, they renamed it 'Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole', which is a long comprimse (and most likely, most people will ignore the subtitle).

I think Nolan and Snyder would be happy to just have the official title of the film be:

"The Man Of Steel"

That's what I want the title to be.

However, WB's studio execs will most likely want the name "Superman" in there somewhere due to marketing purposes really.

Hence why the official title will most likely be "Superman: The Man Of Steel or "Superman: Man Of Steel"

:supes:

WRRROOOOOOOONG. WB no longer needs to have the name Superman in the title because audiences are already familiar with his name, and especially his logo. Also, for marketing purposes, its better to not have Superman in the title because it separates itself from Singer's previous version.

Agreed. What you're saying could be applied to Nolan's The Dark Knight. I kid you not, I know so many people who have not heard of 'Batman Begins'. But TDK had no problems.

If you put Superman on the poster that says 'Man of Steel', people will know what it is.

It's still SUPERMAN, despite it not being associated with the previous films. If you call it "The Man of Steel", "The Man of Tomorrow", "The Last Son", or "Kal-El" for a reboot, it will cause more confusion for people...stick with Superman and then maybe ditch it in the sequel for one of the aforementioned names...

It's still SUPERMAN, despite it not being associated with the previous films. If you call it "The Man of Steel", "The Man of Tomorrow", "The Last Son", or "Kal-El" for a reboot, it will cause more confusion for people...stick with Superman and then maybe ditch it in the sequel for one of the aforementioned names...
Those that I've put a strike through would confuse people, but not "man of steel". It's a well known nickname for him, and far more people know about it than knew about "dark knight" for Batman before TDK was released.

Agreed... The Man of Steel is one of those nicknames that everyone knows and associates with Superman. Well, and maybe Terry Bradshaw, but I don't think you have to worry about anyone getting those two confused.

Up until TDK was released, I'd say that about half the general population in the U.S. associated the term The Dark Knight with Batman. The other half probably though of a knight with no arms kicking Graham Chapman in the ass.

^

Now I've just got this image in my head of a limbless Batman lying on the ground, peering up and saying "All right, we'll call it a draw". :woot:

Last edited:
I'd still throw Superman in there for good measure

'Superman rises, and rises, and rises, holy crap that man can fly'

WRRROOOOOOOONG. WB no longer needs to have the name Superman in the title because audiences are already familiar with his name, and especially his logo. Also, for marketing purposes, its better to not have Superman in the title because it separates itself from Singer's previous version.

Good post :up:

I reckon it will end up been called the Man of Steel.

Superman: The Prince of Space
Superman: Fugitive Alien
Superman: Space Mutiny
Superman: The Last Starfighter
Green K from Outer Space

i'm still hoping that they call it something other than "the Man of Steel". if they're indeed retelling Superman's origins then he wouldn't have earned that name in the public eye just yet. however, he's been "the Last Son of Krypton" from the start...and i hope they go with that subtitle, if not main title. if the reports of Zod being a villain are true......it would be an awesome title quote for him to be talking down to Superman and saying something like "It's a terribly sad truth that Jor-El's heir really is...the last son of Krypton!"

"the Man of Steel" can always be used for the potential sequel. he will have earned that title by then and it will be more appropriate.

Last edited:
i'm still hoping that they call it something other than "the Man of Steel". if they're indeed retelling Superman's origins then he wouldn't have earned that name in the public eye just yet. however, he's been "the Last Son of Krypton" from the start...and i hope they go with that subtitle, if not main title. if the reports of Zod being a villain are true......it would be an awesome title quote for him to be talking down to Superman and saying something like "It's a terribly sad truth that Jor-El's heir really is...the last son of Krypton!"

"the Man of Steel" can always be used for the potential sequel. he will have earned that title by then and it will be more appropriate.

I see what you mean, but I'd rather it the other way about. I'd rather the first film be called "The Man of Steel" and while I understand your reasons, such as Superman not earning the name yet, he could always earn it by the end of the film, in a blaze of glory. Sort of a TDK thing, when Gordon said "...a Dark Knight." right at the end. That's what I'd kinda like to see. But yeah, I get what you mean.

I don't think it should be called "The Man of Steel". Since Batman Begins' sequel was called "The Dark Knight"(Batman's major nickname), if they call it "The Man of Steel"(Superman's major nickname) there's always a possibility of being mistaken for a SR sequel. I'd prefer it to be called "Superman Reborn". Sort of like helping people understand that it's a reboot, not a sequel, like the franchise is "reborn". If Doomsday really is the villain, it could have another meaning too.

But by calling it Superman Reborn, it's too on the nose that it's a reboot, isn't it?

But by calling it Superman Reborn, it's too on the nose that it's a reboot, isn't it?
There are still idiots around who can't tell Nolan's movies from Schumacher's. They think that they're in the same series(I did too when i was like SIX).

That's their problem though. If they don't get it, then whatever. As long as the new film makes money and gets acclaim, those people can believe whatever they want to believe.

The title should be "Strange Visitor from Another Planet" :p

Just kidding!

nah, they shouldn't got with a title that makes it obvious that it's a reboot. even Batman Begins isn't an OBVIOUS name for a reboot. if they have to address that this is (probably) a retelling of his origins they should name it "the Dawn of Superman" or something.

Batman Begins = Superman Reborn
-on the nose but almost needs to be since the last film in each series was atrocious.

The Dark Knight = The Man Of Steel
-perfect

The Shadow Of The Bat = The Man Of Tomorrow
-would have been perfect, bummer...

I don't think being coordinated with which or what Batman did before should apply here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"