Superman's power level - Part 1

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Oct 19, 2012.

1. TDK elbowstrike

TDK elbowstrike "I'm a man of my word..."

So you think Batgod will steal the spotlight at the end of JLA, a la Tony Stark in Avengers?

No chance. :cwink:

2. Superman141

Superman141 Well-Known Member

You guys think he'll still have Heat Vision in this movie?

3. ThePowerCosmic

4. Superman141

Superman141 Well-Known Member

Why so sure?

5. ThePowerCosmic

I don't know. I just don't see someone like Snyder not including heat vision. Plus, it's one of Superman's most known and essential powers. I could see them dropping super breath before heat vision... and I don't see Snyder dropping super breath either. Could be wrong about the breath but I'm pretty sure about the heat vision.

6. Heat Vision

Heat Vision Well-Known Member

I hope so. Otherwise, I'll have to change my username.:yay:

7. TDK elbowstrike

Every adaptation, even Smallville and LOIS AND Clark new adventures had heat vision. I fail to see thew need to leave it out. And since Goyer is onboard too, he would advise against leaving that out.

And I hope his heat vision is like Cyclops optic blast in the X-Men movies; x1000 with actual mealting point heat. It shall be glorious!!!

8. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

You must really love Superman ;)

9. Redwolf

Redwolf Well-Known Member

I want Man of Steel to show Clarks powers progress. Letting the general public see that the more solar radiation he absorbs over the years the more powerful he becomes.

I want his power level (when he debuts as Superman to the world) to be at comic book level. I want to see super speed scenes similar to Smallville where everyone/thing around him is frozen/static as he takes action. I want an amazing battle between Zod and Superman where shockwaves occur, implying that they're not even going all out.

I'm tired of getting into debates with anti-Superman fanboys who use TAS Superman as an example of Superman's power levels. I'm not saying I want to see him move planets but I want the movie to show he is capable of doing more, but only if it is needed.

10. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

About super speed: I've always liked the notion that in shorter bursts he can move and do things at super speed, but when going longer distances he can't. That way one can erase the thought or "why doesn't he do everything there is all at once".

11. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

12. TheHighlander

TheHighlander The Only One

This was exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!!

That is why he can't fly at speed of light.. he still has mass.. and a LOT of it, so that creates a whole lot of problems if he uses his powers to its potential...

Neo was LIMITLESS... he was in full god mode... and even neo had many challenges...he couldn't do it all by himself... I believe neo was a very good portrayal of power abilities in a limitless way.

Still... Superman returns showed a very powerful superman.... but they need to make it clear that using his powers has consequences...

For instance... i would love to see a punch to the face like neo does to agent smith that would look like a nuclear explosion minus the actual heat. Show him all powerful and WHY HE CANT BE like that... and why its a struggle to control his power and the balance it comes with power.

13. ThePowerCosmic

"I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break something. To break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment, or someone could die."

- Superman to Darkseid in JL "Destroyer"

I'd love to hear Superman say something like this in one of the movies.

14. GreenKToo

GreenKToo In the fire

I'd like to see a scene of a youngish clark training/trying out his strength. He is in a military surplus graveyard, old tanks, trucks, etc, are all around.
    He picks up a tank, then he holds it up with one finger just to see if he can. He shocks himself with that feat.

15. ThePowerCosmic

I wouldn't want that one-finger thing. One because it would be pretty hard to balance a tank on one little finger, despite having super strength. Two because it just seems cheesy, like something you'd see in a Mighty Mouse cartoon.

16. Indy Flash

Indy Flash Archeological Speedster

I think and hope so.

17. The Shield

The Shield It's really Happening!

Me too. What about xray vision? If so how will they do it? Like Smallville or SR? Or a combination of both?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  18. elgaz

elgaz Well-Known Member

SR's Xray vision wasn't very clear to me on screen, but Smallville's looks like airport scanners lol. I think somewhere between both of them would be a happy medium.

19. elgaz

elgaz Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is something MOS will portray on screen. Perhaps Clark has spent his whole life trying to NOT use his powers (because of the 'cardboard' world around him which he can damage too easily, and also because of Jonathan Kent urging him not to reveal himself). He may not know the limits of his own powers until he finally has to face off against someone who can take it - Zod. I'd be happy if they showed at least a little bit of the struggle that Clark undergoes in order to control his powers and their consequences.

20. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

I think Superman Returns got the X-Ray vision spot on

21. Quasimod0

Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Superman returns got more things right than people realize

22. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

i cant wait for superman action scene specifically fight scenes in snyder's hands

still love this 300 action scene that was done in 1 take no cut aways

23. TDK elbowstrike

They got the artic breath right too. His invulnerability was displayed in a cool way too. His heat vision in SR however was bland and not very stunning visually. They need to completely retool his heat vision and I can't wait to see what they came up with.

24. \S/

\S/ The Real Steel Deal

I'd love to see a Superman on film that is super-smart. It's not something we've EVER seen.

Best example comes from an issue of Action Comics last year: Lois is gravely injured, so Superman reads and absorbs years of medical knowledge in five minutes, then performs surgery on Lois using his heat vision, x-ray vision, and his diamond-hard thumbnail.

Another scene comes to mind from Busiek's run: Clark's powers have increased, so he's placed entire volumes of information in microdots throughout novels he reads (microdots are real: information miniaturized small enough to fit within a period) to keep up with his new speedier level of reading.

I'd like to see this version of Superman that smart. Or, at the very least, realizing he's that smart and using that intelligence to find ways outside of punches when it comes to solving problems.

25. Dr.

Dr. Well-Known Member

Heat vision wasn't featured in STM (though Supes presumably had the ability).