Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Sandra proclaimed herself 'the queen' and even wore a tiara during the finale...I'd hardly say she was 'angry'.

The irony being, people call Russell arrogant.

Entertainment Weekly's Dalton Ross on Final 3:

As much as I loved the challenge, I hated the fact that it being the last one meant we were stuck with another final three. I've delivered this spiel too many times to mention, so I'll keep it brief, but with a final three all the drama about picking the person you bring to go against you in the finals is gone. With a final three, two of the other people left can still force a tie, meaning the final challenge winner doesn't have the full power to make a decision that could cost them a million dollars. Also A vs. B is just inherently more dramatic than A vs. B vs. C. It's far more impactful to have a jury voting between two options as opposed to simply picking one of the above. This remains my biggest Survivor pet peeve. I don't care if great players don't make the finals if you go back down from three to two. It's just better! Okay, I kept that rant pretty concise this time so yay for me.

Well.. that does it for me. The fact a Useless tool like Sandra can win over 2 players who more or less controlled the entire game shows how stupid this show is now. (Given the fact the same thing happened last season and that somehow Sandra one before..) Very disappointing that a waste of space who does nothing can win.

I wished Russell would've pulled her tiara off and thrown it in the fire, head and all.

:whatever:

Anyhoo, it's now coming out, as a rumor, that the reason some of the jurors didn't vote for Parvati because once Amanda joined Ponderosa she told them that Parvati knew Russell before the game started, and a lot of the people on the jury thought that was unfair. I guess Parvati can thank Erika Shay for her loss!

And going back to a Final Two isn't going to change anything really. Final Two or Final Three you're still going to get the same vote. If it had been a Final Two, Russell was planning on taking Sandra with him, so instead of it being a 6-3-0 vote, it would have more than likely been a 9-0 sweep for Sandra.

At the end of the day, you have to know who to take to the final two/three with that you know you can beat. Parvati and Russell made the wrong decision when they let Courtney go pre-merge and then when they let Danielle go.

Jerri or Sandra were both going to beat each of them at the end.

Oh, and sorry for the double post but Richard Hatch has already sounded off on his Facebook:

Richard Hatch: Let's be clear... Sandra played a brilliant game. I'm shocked by how few people (viewers and players) understand what it takes to win. Sandra played so well, the hobbit (and his fans) didn't even notice her gameplay. Parvati was also an AMAZING player. Poor Russell still doesn't have a clue.

:hehe:

Oh how I wish Hatch would have been on this season. Now that would have been awesome.

I just want to see Hatch and Brian on the same season and then the argument of who is the truly best player of all time can be settled.

Anyhoo, it's now coming out, as a rumor, that the reason some of the jurors didn't vote for Parvati because once Amanda joined Ponderosa she told them that Parvati knew Russell before the game started, and a lot of the people on the jury thought that was unfair. I guess Parvati can thank Erika Shay for her loss!

Hence why I don't buy into the "Parvati is one of the greats" argument. Getting inside tips from the production and being shoe-horned into a season (twice, no less) because you're BFFs with the casting director makes one look less like a Mastermind.

Then again, the producers just don't give a crap about stuff like this getting out anymore. If this was back during Outback or Africa, holy **** would security and everyone's guard been up.

I just want to see Hatch and Brian on the same season and then the argument of who is the truly best player of all time can be settled.

Hatch was on All-Stars though and got voted out pretty early. Hatch looked brilliant in season one, when everything was new, but I doubt he'd be able to play as well now that people know what they're doing.

As much as I like Richard Hatch, I think the game has evolved past the skill level of Season 1. I just can't see any way he could win against the newer players and the flow of the game.

I still don't understand why it's such a big deal for Parvati to have known Russell before the show. Is the implication that they made an alliance before the game started? Even so it's not that big of a deal because when the show brings back people from previous shows some of the people know each other already and even have stronger bonds.

Hatch was on All-Stars though and got voted out pretty early. Hatch looked brilliant in season one, when everything was new, but I doubt he'd be able to play as well now that people know what they're doing.

I considered All-Stars to be a fluke because they loaded up the roster with non-All-Stars. Jenna Lewis, Big Tom, Rupert, Jerri (who at the time was hardly an All-Star but played this game far better), Shii Ann, Alicia, etc. All but one of these players made jury. Even Amber and Boston Rob could not be considered All-Stars. At the time, Probst admitted that Amber was put on simply because they needed a "cute one," and Colleen (who was trying to be an actress) and Elizabeth (who was on The View) said no. Rob didn't make jury his first game.

These people were not All-Stars, so all it took was just one somewhat competent player to rally the crap players competing against the real All-Stars like Lex, Ethan, Richard, Colby (at the time), Tina, Kathy, and Rob C.. This resulted in all but two of the real All-Stars being gone before the jury rounds and it in turn became Survivor: Mediocre Past Players.

When mediocre players make up more than half of your roster of course the good players who played well their first game are going to have a target on their back and no amount of strategizing could change that (as Rich's vote out that game proved). It was bad casting, more than bad play on any of their parts.

I still don't understand why it's such a big deal for Parvati to have known Russell before the show.

As I said earlier here, her knowing Russell is not the big deal they all knew each other before the game started.

The big deal is that Parvati was given information about how Russell played during Samoa, the moves he made, how far he got and what got him asked back for H vs. V, that's where the controversy comes in because no one else on this cast was given that same information.

Had everyone been privy to the information about Russell that Parvati had, this season would have been drastically different.

Jenna Lewis, Big Tom, Rupert, Jerri (who at the time was hardly an All-Star but played this game far better), Shii Ann, Alicia, etc.

I'd definitely have to disagree with you here Matt. haha. They may not have been huge strategic players, but Big Tom, Jerri, and Rupert were all worthy of spots on the first All Stars,

No they weren't. They would be worthy of spots on a show like Fans vs Favorites as they are clearly popular players, but they are not all-stars by any stretch of the word. Take the NBA for example. In 2008 Shaq was not an all-star. He is defiitely still one of the most popular players, but his performance did not warrant him being on an all-star roster. Same with Jenna Lewis, Big Tom, Rupert, and Jerri.

Well, it's silly to think that All Stars was just simply about casting the best or most strategic because it most certainly wasn't.

It was about bringing back the biggest players/characters from the previous seven seasons. With that in mind, the cast was perfect. The only people that were out of place were Alicia and Amber.

I disagree, but to your point, both players had an enormous effect on the game. Thus bad casting DID effect the game.

Jenna and Jerri definetly deserved to be on the All Star cast. They were 2 of the more well known former cast members. Jerri was one of the original villians. She was broguth back for the drama and controversy. IA with SuperT; the casting was done to get a good mix of interesting as well as popular characters and they did that

Some more rumors are coming out about drama on this sesason. lol

- Apparently when the entire cast landed on the beach, Sugar and Russell didn't know over half the cast members. Russell only knew Parvati, Cirie, Amanda, Coach, Tyson, JT, and Boston Rob. He had no idea who anyone else was. Sugar knew even less than he did.

- Before Russell played in Samoa, the only season he had ever seen was Micronesia. He'd never even seen the show before he was officially offered the spot. The reason he was cast was because he was friends with Boo from Survivor Fiji, who is also friends with James from China and Micronesia. Boo got James and Russell cast on their original seasons because he was friends w/ the casting director Erika Shay

- Parvati and Erika are former roommates. Apparently while Samoa was taping, Parvati flew down to Samoa to visit Erika and while she was there Erika showed her the daily tapes of Samoa before they were edited down into the actual episodes. Wowza!! Erika later resigned (some say she was actually fired) from being the casting director of Survivor/The Amazing Race

- After the game, some people were physically sequestered from Russell because production was afraid something would happen

- Jonathan Penner/Shane (Exile Island) were both cut from the original cast at the last minute to make room for Russell and one other villain. Most think it was either Tyson or Randy.

- JT and Sugar were a couple and actually slept together before the season even started. Sugar claims that JT promised to take care of her....WHOOPS! LOL!

- Sandra and Candice also knew other way more than they showed on the show. They were both from Fayetteville, and Candice's family is friends with Sandra's family.

I'm sure more stuff will pop up as more interviews come out.

Some more rumors are coming out about drama on this sesason. lol

- After the game, some people were physically sequestered from Russell because production was afraid something would happen.

Hmm...

I actually highly doubt that one, because if you go and watch the Ponderosa clips most everyone seems friendly when the Final Three comes to join them.

I considered All-Stars to be a fluke because they loaded up the roster with non-All-Stars. Jenna Lewis, Big Tom, Rupert, Jerri (who at the time was hardly an All-Star but played this game far better), Shii Ann, Alicia, etc. All but one of these players made jury. Even Amber and Boston Rob could not be considered All-Stars. At the time, Probst admitted that Amber was put on simply because they needed a "cute one," and Colleen (who was trying to be an actress) and Elizabeth (who was on The View) said no. Rob didn't make jury his first game.

These people were not All-Stars, so all it took was just one somewhat competent player to rally the crap players competing against the real All-Stars like Lex, Ethan, Richard, Colby (at the time), Tina, Kathy, and Rob C.. This resulted in all but two of the real All-Stars being gone before the jury rounds and it in turn became Survivor: Mediocre Past Players.

When mediocre players make up more than half of your roster of course the good players who played well their first game are going to have a target on their back and no amount of strategizing could change that (as Rich's vote out that game proved). It was bad casting, more than bad play on any of their parts.

Brian Heidik was offered to come back, but only would do so if he was paid. Sandra was also offered to come back, but was still recovering from Pearl Islands.

I would like to see them do a Winners vs Losers Survivor in the near future. Have the people that have won the game face off against people who were voted out first.

I would like to see them do a Winners vs Losers Survivor in the near future. Have the people that have won the game face off against people who were voted out first.

That's an interesting idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"