Hype Survivor Survivormania: Hype Survivor XXVII - Day 8 - Where the hell are my keys?!?

Yeah.....I hated that challenge....almost as much as I hated the tie breaker that led to my departure...I wasted a whole night to lose by a split second. :cmad:

That challenge was hillarious. Some of the stuff you guys were sending me...:lmao:

Is this the satellite challenge? I remember you guys told me about this while I was planning for my day. I think it is the coolest idea for a challenge I've ever heard in this game. :up:

lol I think, I was delirious from a head cold at that time. I know was literally going crazy by the end of it.

Yeah it was the Google Earth challenge....:up: But the ultimate challenge is coming up soon....:ninja:

No when I say coming soon, I mean a few challenges ahead.

So you wait 5 hours after you first post after the results are submitted in which you say "that's strange, they were working last night", along with three other players from your team who posts around at the same time, not stating at any time that the picture was in fact there. Then 5 hours later the picture is magically there and you start complaining about it.

Hunter and myself both verified several times at the time the challenge ended and that picture never came up once. Plus to prove this here is a screen cap I took to make sure there would be no dispute about it which shows after clicking the spoiler nothing was revealed. It was the only item that never worked.

Day8submission2-1.png

I was at work when I posted in the thread earlier. :huh: My phone goes crazy when you bring up large images. I just got home and discovered it was working.

IDK what you want me to say. A picture says a 1000 words and looking at that picture I posted, the missing picture wasn't there at the time it was being reviewed. If one of your tribe members said anything at the time the results were posted I would be more willing to reconsider my thoughts but for it to "conveniently" show up several hours later...well that's too bad.

It's not like we looked at it once and went oh well its not there, lets not give them the point. I tried it at least 10 different times and it never came up. I even left it open for several minutes and looked at it later to see if it worked.

It might be there now but there are ways around that and it appears someone figured out a way.

If we had lost this challenge by more than one point, I wouldn't have a problem with it. My post CLEARLY wasn't edited. And I don't know how I would make this picture magically appear.

If this is your final decision, then so be it. As much as I disagree with it, I'm not going to fight it.

Jeebus, this game sure loves having close calls in the results.

If only I had the voodoo majestic to change our submissions I might still be in this game.

i wouldve posted about it earlier if i was home for more than an hour between 2 jobs.

i capped the photo in question. and have never changed or edited my initial post about it. i could see it on my phone at work earlier, and i could see it on my computer when i got home about 30 minutes ago.

anyone familiar with imageshack regularly should be used to times when a link will work, then miraculously not work, and then it works again no problem. it's kinda the equivalent of a hype lag to me. sometimes the sites come up, sometimes they don't etc.

like nys said, i wouldn't even mention this except for the fact that its 1 point, and we've not altered anything in our submission

i wish the images were posted anyways, i think it'd be cool to see what everyone found,

but anyways, here is the direct quote of the post in question, including the photo of the taxi

We'd better have Sunday off!!! I don't want to have a challenge when good football games are on :o

Speaking of Sunday there is another WWE Pay Per View , could have everyone make predictions :up:

I am glad we won but to be fair, maybe you didn't give the pic time to load Powder. Each thread was full of tons of pics so maybe it wasn't done loading when you clicked 'show.' I don't want this to be an unfair reason why a tribe loses. Your word is final but if NYS's post wasn't edited as he said, then there is no way they cheated. Maybe Hunter could see if that pic was added or changed??? But whatever you do is Norris Law.

I would be fighting too right now so I can see why there is bickering going on.

I think even if an argument was there, it is too far past the deadline to change the ruling. I'm not a fan of changing a ruling way past the deadline, since I'll see the ruling and go off and do my own thing, and that may cause me to miss an important change, like now there is a tie or we lost, etc.

If we won in a questionable manner, I can understand the opposing team's frustration and they have my sympathy. But, I don't think much can be done at this point. However, my opinion would likely be different on the opposite end of this, I must admit.

if it wasn't so close a challenge, i dont think anyone would bother speaking up, but with it being a 1 point game.

most of my tribe lurks here at night more than the day i think and while i can't speak for them, i can say that i worked 9-3pm one job and then 530-1030 the other today. if i had known we had lost because of the technicality i would've spoken up if possible earlier since the one in question was one that i posted, and could see on my blackberry.

nys informed me of this situation on my way home from work tonight and when i got on my computer, i could also see it on there as well.

like chase said, hunter can look into it to see that no posts have been altered if he chooses and he will see that we have not changed a post or altered a link.

Last edited:
After I posted our results, I checked everyone to see if I posted them correctly. Since everyone of them was working, I went to bed. I then woke up a little before Noon and got online to see if the results had been posted. Since no results were posted I took my shower and went to work 12:30-8:30. I then logged on every hour to see if they posted the results. It was around 4:00 when I came and saw that #2 wasn't working properly for them. I then posted in this thread that it was working for me last night. I came home around 9:00 to find that it was working again. I then presented the argument to the hosts that it was working and my post hadn't been edited. Hunter CONFIRMED to me shortly after that he saw the image and my post hadn't been touched.

Yeah, I got home around 11:30pm and then finished watching the Steelers game so I didn't know about it until after that... and it worked for me when I checked it. And to continue the argument... the post shows that it wasn't edited. And now that the image can be seen it's obviously acceptable. The rules said to post the pictures, which we obviously did before the deadline and the picture is obviously acceptable. The fact that the image wasn't loading is entirely out of our hands. However, we did do everything that was asked of us, which is obvious to even the opposing team. By all rules and regulations, this should have been a tie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"