SyFy Original Series 'Dark Matter' - Premiering June 12th

The only character I hate more than Ryu is Android. I cannot stand her affect without the upgrade chip. The actress does a good job showing the difference between the two but man Android is annoying.

Am I the only one who likes Ryu? I liked him a lot as a good guy ad find him quite a good villain.

I don't hate him by any means, the actor is good; I just find his characterization and culture a bit boring in the show. When he was on the ship he felt like the token sword-wielding character, and now his culture feels like every other Samurai-inspired planet in sci-fi. I just wish they had been a tiny bit more inventive with him.

The only character I hate more than Ryu is Android. I cannot stand her affect without the upgrade chip. The actress does a good job showing the difference between the two but man Android is annoying.

Oh really? I suppose I can see how the Android could get annoying, but I think she's great.

Okay, so I just watched episode 10. Is Two an
android
? I may have to rewatch that episode because it was late and I was sleepy.

I'm curious what is going to develop with Sarah. I never trusted Victor because he came across as a sleazy (android) guy.

I love how versatile the actress playing Android is. She's playing three distinctive characters on the show.

Two is a bit complicated. She is actually [blackout]bio-engineered with nanites in her body that allow her to do and survive things a normal human can't. Like survive without oxygen in space for several minutes beyond what most people could[/blackout]. That was a major plot point in the first season. And Zoie Palmer is awesome. She plays Android so well.

So the episode title "Built, not born" is a reference to [BLACKOUT]Two, Sarah, or both[/BLACKOUT]? I remember the nanites background from the previous season but this new development is very interesting.

Great episode, Zoie Palmer is killing it in all of her roles, very good actress. Finding more about Two is always good value, and Boone/3 continues to be very entertaining. Interesting development with Sarah also.

I would say the title refers to [blackout]Two's engineering[/blackout] more than anyone else although it probably serves more than one purpose.

Dark Matter Cancelled at Syfy

This is a Dark Matter indeed: Syfy has cancelled the comic book-inspired sci-fi drama after three seasons and 39 episodes, TVLine has confirmed.

After that season finale? No!

DANG. That's tragic. This was a great show.

Dark Matter Cancelled at Syfy

This is a Dark Matter indeed: Syfy has cancelled the comic book-inspired sci-fi drama after three seasons and 39 episodes, TVLine has confirmed.

j7z9oie.gif

tenor.gif

Those SOBs could have at least given the show a final season to wrap everything up. This is a big **** you to the viewers, the cast, and the crew. If they cancel Killjoys too syfy can go **** itself.

Wtf? So they give Killjoys love and Dark Matter the shaft.:dry: I wonder if the showrunners of Dark Matter somehow pissed off the executives of syfy? The reviews were good and I hadn't heard anything about the ratings e ing bad.

It is a bit weird that Syfy renewed Killjoys and Wynonna Earp but not Dark Matter.

Honestly surprised that they renewed Killjoys for a 4th and 5th season. That one I thought was going to have issues with Hannah John-Kamen starting to blow up.

They could have at least given them a telemovie or abbreviated final season to wrap the series up with.

It sucks that Dark Matter got cancelled but the show had too many sub and side plots going on at once (Android and Alien infiltration, Corporate war, the crew having long lost sister/wife/son/daughter, Ryo's war, time travel, ect). It really stood out in season 3 that they just had too much going on at once and really should of just focused on a few plot lines at a time. The other stuff could of featured in future seasons.

It is a bit weird that Syfy renewed Killjoys and Wynonna Earp but not Dark Matter.

Honestly surprised that they renewed Killjoys for a 4th and 5th season. That one I thought was going to have issues with Hannah John-Kamen starting to blow up.

Hannah John-Kamen blowing up is probably why they renewed Killjoys. The actress is going to be more high profile which means people might check out her TV show.

Wynonna Earp is cheaper to film than Dark Matter.

**** you Syfy! Love this show and thought it could have easily ran for a few more seasons. What is their reason for cancelling it?

Either it got too expensive to produce or they feel that itch to be Sci-Fi in name only again like they were for so long and will bring back wrestling instead.

Just caught up with the season 3 finale, and seriously, **** you Syfy

I'm surprised. Were the ratings too low?
The show was pretty good, in my view.

It sucks that Dark Matter got cancelled but the show had too many sub and side plots going on at once (Android and Alien infiltration, Corporate war, the crew having long lost sister/wife/son/daughter, Ryo's war, time travel, ect). It really stood out in season 3 that they just had too much going on at once and really should of just focused on a few plot lines at a time. The other stuff could of featured in future seasons.

Hannah John-Kamen blowing up is probably why they renewed Killjoys. The actress is going to be more high profile which means people might check out her TV show.

Wynonna Earp is cheaper to film than Dark Matter.
it was all mostly due to expence sadly anallo the p0lo9t going had nothing to do it it and they mangede it better then most show current like most ofthe dc ones on the cw.

but I'm saying it was about exspence too is due to what was said on the space channel( the canadian counter part of the syfy channel's but it's own thing) with the hostof inner space talking about those ships coming out of the worm hole and how exspeniive and impressive it looked.

here's the actual thing below

[YT]pHDFHYUmtzY[/YT]
InnerSpace: Dark Matter Recap S3E8 "Hot Chocolate"

136 views1 month ago

and here's the most recent one below it

3:57

[YT]omwGrnt2WC8[/YT]
InnerSpace: Dark Matter Recap S3E12 "My Final Gift To You"

153 views1 week ago

source:Space You tube channel

Last edited:
Ratings were on par with the other shows. Only a -12% dip from Season 2.

Syfy probably killed it to increase Killjoy's budget. They killed Stargate Atlantis when they started Stargate Universe so it wouldn't be the first time they killed a good show to reroute resources.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"