Taika Waititi’ - “Jojo Rabbit”

Scarlett fits the role really great. It was nice to read with her already in mind as the character.
How where you able to read the script? I would like to have a look too.:cwink:

Edit: Nevermind I found it.

Last edited:
ScarJo is bleh, maybe a good director can really bring it out of her but she's really wooden in most roles.

The script is brilliant. It really felt like a labour of love.
What a beautiful and impactful story. It’s a bit like “Life is beautiful”, which I love, but more from the perspective of german children which was refreshing and very interesting.

The words that came to mind where, funny, charming, heartfelt, tragic, sweet, sad... what a rollercoster of emotions. All with Taika’s special touch. It was more emotional and layered than anything I ever seen from him.

Picturing ScarJo and Taika in their specific roles really helped to connect even more with the story. Both are indeed great choices. In the end of the day it’s all about execution and if Taika is able to sucessfully cast and direct the 2 main children while at the same time bringing his exact vision to the screen... then we really have something special in the making.

The script is brilliant. It really felt like a labour of love.
What a beautiful and impactful story. It’s a bit like “Life is beautiful”, which I love, but more from the perspective of german children which was refreshing and very interesting.

The words that came to mind where, funny, charming, heartfelt, tragic, sweet, sad... what a rollercoster of emotions. All with Taika’s special touch. It was more emotional and layered than anything I ever seen from him.

Picturing ScarJo and Taika in their specific roles really helped to connect even more with the story. Both are indeed great choices. In the end of the day it’s all about execution and if Taika is able to sucessfully cast and direct the 2 main children while at the same time bringing his exact vision to the screen... then we really have something special in the making.

If he cast the two kids well, I think this will be a big awards player.

Taika Waititi: I’m actually going to Prague tomorrow, I’m gonna shoot the new film over there in June and July. It’s this World War II film...

I saw it described on Reddit as a ‘Nazi comedy’.

Taika Waititi: That’s a very simplistic way of describing my film! There’s elements of comedy, and elements of Nazism.

TW on Twitter.
Czech yourself before you Ragnawreck yourself.

DZ-GYO2W4AEZoRY.jpg

Sam Rockwell Joining Scarlett Johansson in Taika Waititi's 'Jojo Rabbit'
7N2AShK.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sam-rockwell-joining-scarlett-johansson-taika-waititis-jojo-rabbit-1105058?utm_source=twitter
Sam Rockwell, who won an Oscar for his work in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, is joining Scarlett Johansson in Fox Searchlight’s Jojo Rabbit, the unique Nazi Germany satire from Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi.

The story centers on Jojo, a young boy who longs to be part of the Hitler Youth and whose imaginary friend is Adolph Hitler. He discovers a Jewish girl living in his attic and, after initially trying to find ways to get rid of her, begins to see her as human.

Johansson is playing Jojo’s mother, a woman who is secretly working for the resistance. Waititi is playing the imaginary Hitler (yes, really).

Rockwell will play a Nazi captain who runs a Hitler Youth camp.

Oh my gosh Rockwell and taika together are a match made in heaven

Great, another movie where English-speaking actors play Germans but speak in English with a German accent. Talk about an immersive movie experience. :whatever:

There's a reason I liked Inglorious Basterds.

Speaking in Cannes at the International Film Finance Forum presented by Winston Baker, together with actor-turned-director Paul Dano, the New Zealand filmmaker talked about his dark WWII comedy Jojo Rabbit, which stars Scarlett Johansson and Sam Rockwell and is due to start shooting in two weeks in Europe.

“It’s really upbeat fun, it’s a heartfelt, dark comedy, I didn’t even have to pitch it to Fox Searchlight,” he said of the satire, in which a young boy longs to be a part of the Hitler Youth and whose imaginary friend is Adolf Hitler. “It’s really hard to pitch WWII movies, and then you say, don’t worry, it’s going to be funny.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cannes-taika-waititi-talks-bubbles-what-we-do-shadows-spinoff-thor-1111003

Great, another movie where English-speaking actors play Germans but speak in English with a German accent. Talk about an immersive movie experience. :whatever:

There's a reason I liked Inglorious Basterds.

As long as they at least try to do the German accent unlike Tom Cruise in Valkyrie.

Rebel Wilson Joins Scarlet Johansson in 'Jojo Rabbit'

The Fox Searchlight project is a Nazi Germany satire.

Rebel Wilson is joining Sam Rockwell and Scarlett Johansson in director Taika Waititi's Nazi Germany satire Jojo Rabbit.

The Fox Searchlight project centers on Jojo, a young boy who longs to be part of the Hitler Youth and whose imaginary friend is Adolph Hitler. He discovers a Jewish girl living in his attic and, after initially trying to find ways to get rid of her, begins to see her as human.

Johansson is playing Jojo’s mother, a woman who is secretly working for the Resistance, Waititi himself is portraying the imaginary Hitler and Rockwell will play a Nazi captain who runs a Hitler Youth camp, with Wilson portraying an instructor.

Waititi is also producing alongside Carthew Neal and Chelsea Winstanley for Fox Searchlight. Production is expected to begin in late spring.

Wilson, who is repped by WME, will next be seen opposite Anne Hathaway in MGM's Dirty Rotten Scoundrels remake.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jojo-rabbit-rebel-wilson-joins-scarlet-johansson-taika-waititi-film-1114166

Never heard of this young actress Thomasin McKenzie but just by watching the trailer for her previous movie it looks like Taika found a really strong up an coming actress to play the role of the young girl in Jojo Rabbit. I can already see her as that character.

[YT]_07ktacEGo8[/YT]

‘Jojo Rabbit’: Taika Waititi’s ‘Very Happy’ to ‘Piss Off a Lot of Racists’ With His New Film

Production has begun on “Jojo Rabbit,” and Taika Waititi is making no secret of the intended effect of his war satire: to “piss off a lot of racists.” The writer/director’s first film since “Thor: Ragnarok” stars Scarlett Johansson and Sam Rockwell, with Waititi himself playing Hitler.

Read More:Taika Waititi Calls Out New Zealand for Racism: ‘It’s the Best Place on the Planet, but It’s a Racist Place’
“I’m stoked to begin shooting my anti-war satire,” Waititi said in a statement announcing that principal photography has begun in and around Prague, Czech Republic. “We’ve assembled an incredible cast and I couldn’t be more excited to finally ridicule Nazis and their beliefs. This film is going to piss off a lot of racists and that makes me very happy.”

Per that same statement, the story follows “an awkward young German boy (Roman Griffin Davis) raised by a single mother (Scarlett Johansson), and whose only ally is his imaginary friend Hitler (Waititi). His naïve patriotism is tested when he meets a young girl (Thomasin McKenzie) who upends his world views, forcing him to face his biggest fears.”
http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/jojo-rabbit-taika-waititi-hitler-1201970191/

zfPbvGf.jpg

First look. Love it. :woot:

Possibly the weirdest dinner I've ever been to.

DfZWn4KW0AAQS7R

Last edited:
Only just saw they're shooting this in Prague. :woot: Something about that's so ****ed-up-hilarious.

Oh, Taika. Love ya man.

Waititi playing Hitler.

I am so f***ing in, guys.

Taika as Hitler looks, unsurprisingly, brilliant. I am SO excited for this movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"