Stand-Alone Movies Taika Waititi - Star Wars Movie

I love Taika's work, particularly Jojo Rabbit, but I don't know if Star Wars needs a movie that will "piss people off" right now. The toxicity is appalling as it is.
Frankly at this point I've realized anything good the SW franchise does is going to piss people off. The franchise needs bold swings and to be less reactionary or interested in what fans want or think they want. I'm mixed on Taika's work but he is exactly what the franchise needs.

I mean, what the franchise actually needs is to go away for like a decade plus, maybe forever, but that won't ever happen.

Frankly at this point I've realized anything good the SW franchise does is going to piss people off. The franchise needs bold swings and to be less reactionary or interested in what fans want or think they want. I'm mixed on Taika's work but he is exactly what the franchise needs.

I mean, what the franchise actually needs is to go away for like a decade plus, maybe forever, but that won't ever happen.
I've heard almost nothing but praise regarding Andor, which is the best thing that came out of Star Wars is the Disney era. I agree that the franchise desperately needs something different, but crapping on preestablished characters and lore, without really offering anything substantially new or fresh is definitely not the way to go either. So I guess it depends on the quality of the final product and I don't think Waititi could offer anything remotely interesting. Also his work as of lately is very subpar to most of his previous efforts.

I've heard almost nothing but praise regarding Andor, which is the best thing that came out of Star Wars is the Disney era. I agree that the franchise desperately needs something different, but crapping on preestablished characters and lore, without really offering anything substantially new or fresh is definitely not the way to go either. So I guess it depends on the quality of the final product and I don't think Waititi could offer anything remotely interesting. Also his work as of lately is very subpar to most of his previous efforts.
What makes you think Waititi would be doing anything with pre-established characters?

What makes you think Waititi would be doing anything with pre-established characters?
I gave that example as what I perceive to be the biggest part of where most negativity in movies and shows comes from. For me the problem is that almost everything in the Disney era is still extremely formulaic in its essence with "different" and "new" being words that only describe the wrapping paper around a couple of entries. I don't think superficial differences or something for the sake of make some fans angry offer anything substantial and I think Waititi's film will give us exactly that and absolutely nothing of actual value, based on his history with Marvel.

I mean, what the franchise needs is to go away for like a decade plus, maybe forever, but that won't ever happen.

I just don't want Star Wars: Love and Thunder. I don't want Star Wars: Ragnarok either and I like that movie a lot. That's all Waititi has done in a blockbuster space and those were also under Disney, so it's hard to find great excitement for whatever this is going to be. But I agree, these new Star Wars films should be something fresher. Favreau and Filoni are certainly doing enough (and a bit more) fan service over at Disney Plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"