Stand-Alone Movies Taika Waititi - Star Wars Movie

Eo6e5c4W4AAhUZD

Just saw 'Jojo Rabbit' and can't wait to see what TW does with a full length SW movie.

That logo is sooooooo Holiday Special, I love it.

So along with the announcement came some imagery in the background that seemed like concept art. I read an article that they speculated the movie could be based on some SW comics(Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi) about the origin of the Jedi. And apparently those pyramid shape spaceships where called Tho yor(get it? “Thor” sort of a playful nod).

Eo-X4kmXcAA10wz-scaled.jpg

DPlGtdYW0AAuZps.jpg

Eo6uCF-XUAIxe4d.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be 32 when the Untitled Star Wars movie 2 comes out... damn.

So along with the announcement came some imagery in the background that seemed like concept art. I read an article that they speculated the movie could be based on some SW comics(Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi) about the origin of the Jedi. And apparently those pyramid shape spaceships where called Tho yor(get it? “Thor” sort of a playful nod).

Eo-X4kmXcAA10wz-scaled.jpg

DPlGtdYW0AAuZps.jpg

Eo6uCF-XUAIxe4d.jpg
Looks so cosmic and wacky in the best way possible.

I won't believe this is happening til I see a trailer. Waititi seems too interesting to survive the process.

I won't believe this is happening til I see a trailer. Waititi seems too interesting to survive the process.
They’ll announce “creative differences” by July of 2022.

They’ll announce “creative differences” by July of 2022.

It's probable at this point. Can't imagine feeling optimistic about any announced project. 3/5 of Disney's released films were finished by different directors, and that's without factoring in all the projects that got shelved.

This movie could bring the Star Wars films back on the map. Especially if it’s pure Taika.

not much time left for Taika (he already has problems finishing Thor).
On the other hand, I don’t think Disney will leave the Christmas release for other studios.

Good, that is what i wanted.

Thats the thing, i didnt want them to go back constantly...i want them to go forward.
You can of course do stuff from before Episode 1, old republic stuff...but overall i think new ground would be great.

Of course you could have done that to some extent while also having a new generation of Skywalkers...but for some ****ed up reason Disney didnt felt that way.

Oh well, it is what it is.

I always expected it to go that way.
You know, episode 7-9(maybe making the 10 full) being legacy movies, showing us how things have gone since return of the jedi, while building a new generation.
And then move forward with the focus on the new generation or jumping ahead a full generation or two.

With how Disney butchered the sequel trilogy(In my opinon), its the best for a clean state, create something new without the baggage.
And i believe Taika Waititi is one who can do that.

Help me Taika Waititinobi, you're my only hope.

Not sure how his style and Star Wars will mix, but I'm certainly curious. Something genuinely new is the way to go.

Let me know when the cameras start rolling. Until then, I'll be as skeptical towards this happening as I was and still am with Rian Johnson's planned Star Wars trilogy.

Let me know when the cameras start rolling. Until then, I'll be as skeptical towards this happening as I was and still am with Rian Johnson's planned Star Wars trilogy.

It might not happen even if he starts filming, Lucasfilm could have Ron Howard standing by heh. Seems they're much happier greenlighting streaming shows these days. Cheaper I suppose.

Taika Waititi Still Doesn't Know If His Star Wars Movie Will Even Be Made

During an interview with The New York Times, Waititi explained what he’s currently working on, after the upcoming Thor sequel.

“I’m trying to write the ‘Star Wars’ idea at the moment,” he said. “I’ve got to see how that goes, because once I submit it, that might determine when it gets made or if it gets made, even.”

Taika Waititi Still Doesn't Know If His Star Wars Movie Will Even Be Made - IGN

Shocking...

Just fills you with confidence doesn't it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"