Taika Waititi - Star Wars Movie

Discussion in 'Stand-Alone Movies' started by HammerDown, Jan 16, 2020.

1. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

Iceman and Bim like this.
  2. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

I'm on board with all the interesting, fun and weird stuff coming out of Taika's mind and this is no exception. A Taika Waititi Star Wars film? Sign me up. Have him partner up with Kevin Feige and Jon Favreau in some capacity for this new project and we're in business.

We already had a pretty good taste of what Taika could do with the property and the right people surround him.
    Mandalorian episode 8 gave us a whole range of possibilities. A season finale with everything, humor, drama, cool action, impressive and inventive visuals... All with Taika's personal touch.

Nathan_Koren and Iceman like this.
  3. Fincher Inner Circle

Hmm. I'm not an expert on Taika's work, but based on what I know I'm not really feeling it.

4. Marvolo Registered

The is some very refreshing news after ROS.

Bim and Closerframe like this.
  5. samsnee Ok

If the powers that be didn’t like the humor and quirkiness that Lord and Miller were bringing to the universe, why would they want Taika? If I were him, I’d stick to just something smaller like Mando.

Blackman likes this.
  6. Closerframe Registered

I mean, at this point, why not? He'll likely make something closer to what the originals were while also taking the series in a new direction.

7. shinlyle King of the Haters

Just...yes.

Also...no.

I like his films, and I would hate it if he decides to take the franchise in a new and unpredictable direction so that everyone can talk about how he's a "hack" the way Johnson has had to suffer since The Last Jedi.

I mean, I'll like it, but if he doesn't have Luke force-crushing AT-ATs....people will whine. Hopeully, he'll so something set with completely new characters so he can have some fun.

Blackman likes this.
  8. Blackman C'mon Son

I feel like Wahtiti said he wouldn't do Star Wars movie because they'd fire him for just for being him.

I like his work but SW has boned over a bunch of directors. I don't trust they'll let his vision just go

9. Bim Registered

I like Taika's vibe and approach in the movies i've seen from him. Color me curious as to what he could bring to Star Wars. I hope this is true and it works out.

Nathan_Koren likes this.
  10. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I’m interested for sure.

11. Orba Registered

Could be very interesting, if you look at his films like "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" they have a lot of heart.

12. Marvolo Registered

That was 2 years ago. Things were quite a bit different and Lord and Miller were making a movie about a character that had been established for 40 years. They had much less wiggle room with Han, Kazdan, and Kathy on that film. Taika will probably be making up new characters , and not using Legacy characters. And I'm sure Kathy's seeing things a little bit different right now after ROS.

13. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

I should say first that I haven't seen his episode(s) of the Mandalorian yet, but I absolutely hated his type of humor in Thor Ragnarök, and it stopped it from being a really great movie if you ask me.
    So if he's gonna bring that same kind of stuff over to Star Wars then this might not be for me.