Talk Show and OTHER interviews DISCUSSION

It's weird because in a way it's a form of motion capture but in reverse sort of. It's like "actor capture" with then the cgi put on top so it can be molded any way they want after and it allows the actor to be his own reference for the rest of the cast. It's a good idea. Fox probably doesn't want the whole world copying it just yet.
It's not the first time they have done it. Really, doesn't anyone remember Colossus in the X-Men movie?
And for Arthur and the Invisibles, they developed a system that enables the FX people to use pre-existing shot material, without the tracking points, for motion capture.

Yeah, right. *snort.* Motion capture. Hmmmm ... where have I heard that before ... he can't say very much, huh. How they 'intigrate' the Surfer into scenes with other cast members. Well, y'see, the guy playing the Surfer ... oh gosh, what is his name ... oh yeah ... Doug Jones ... wasn't he actually on set in a special prosthetic suit acting along with the rest of the cast???? Kinda left that bit out, didn't he.

HM

But why did Julian say he acted with a tennis ball in his scenes??? :huh:

But why did Julian say he acted with a tennis ball in his scenes??? :huh:

There are some scenes which are, by necessity, purely CG, so I'm guessing that's why the tennis ball. Unless you're Guillermo del Toro, and then you use a fairy on a stick. :D

HM

I don't know where to post this, but here's some crappy clips from this morning press conference in Rome. Jessica votes for the Democratic party, she said.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=cinemotore

Thanks Antonello.....lol.......yes she's the only one in her family apparently that votes that side of the spectrum......lol

Also, guys please take note there are several videos from this conference below the first one showing.....I haven't watched all of them yet, but it does look like that at least Chris is asked a question as well....lol

Bumping for discussion of interviews coming up....

Don't forget to watch Jessica on Conan tonight...

He's a big Fantastic Four fan, and he and Jessica always have a great time together....should be a fun interview...

I saw a bit of her on Conan just now. They showed pretty much the entire helicopter scene from the wedding.

-TNC

Hi all,

I'm the producer for REEL TALK, a national movie show co-hosted by Jeffrey Lyons & Alison Bailes produced by NBC.
I'm also a HUGE comic book fan so I always do my best to promote any comic projects that hit theaters.
Anyway, this week of course we reviewed "FFROTSS" and we also interviewed Michael Chiklis (who is a big Red Sox fan like Mr. Lyons).

Check out the review and the interview here: www.wnbc.com/reeltalk

And next week, we'll air our interview with Ioan Gruffudd!

Best,

Mike

Don't Forget That Michael Will Be On Jay Leno In Just A Few Minutes......

Hi all,

I'm the producer for REEL TALK, a national movie show co-hosted by Jeffrey Lyons & Alison Bailes produced by NBC.
I'm also a HUGE comic book fan so I always do my best to promote any comic projects that hit theaters.
Anyway, this week of course we reviewed "FFROTSS" and we also interviewed Michael Chiklis (who is a big Red Sox fan like Mr. Lyons).

Best,

Mike
Thank you very much......appreciate the heads up!

Hi all,

Best,

Mike
Dude post on here more often, I know you get the hook up with other Superheroes...thanks:woot:

I think this is the right thread for this as I would like people's opinions on the "After Film School" series. So far, I have seen Don Payne, Stan Lee and Tim Story discuss Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer and the interviews were interesting.

Don Payne was very enlightening as he discussed the screenplay and how he became involved in the project. Also (this was discussed in another thread) his discussion about some of the changes that were made to his screenplay and how some scenes were either changed or cut. Very informative and he appears to have a lot of love for the FF.

Tim Story's interview was interesting as he discussed how he became involved in the franchise (I had no clue that Taxi was the catalyst for Fox offering him the directing position), the studio's influence and input during filming and his hopes for the future of the franchise. He discussed how the FF were different from other superhero's as they are explorers and how they travel to alternate universe's etc. He appears to want to continue with the franchise and I have to give him his kudos, as I enjoyed this movie much more than the first.

Stan Lee, what can you say about Stan. His exuberance is overwhelming, even over the small screen and he talks very fondly about the characters and his cameos in the films. The biggest thing that he said to me, which actually made me laugh, is when the interviewers asked him who he wants to see in FF3 and he said he would like to finally see Doctor Doom lol. He really meant that all of the groundwork is there for the classic Doom to be introduced and he wants to see him bent on world domination.

All in all, the interviews were interesting and even though they were on FX and I know that they were probably commissioned by the studio, it was good to see them in their seperate interviews and their thoughts on FF Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Cool. Do you have a link? And while you're at it, does anyone have link from Fox news where Chiklis shows how he changes his voice for Thing?

Cool. Do you have a link? And while you're at it, does anyone have link from Fox news where Chiklis shows how he changes his voice for Thing?

Michael Chiklis's clip I would like to see but he was also on Life After Film School and the show was half about the upcoming season of "The Shield" and the rest was about FF:ROTSS.

This is the link to the website for Life After Film School

Here is a story at Newsarama with some of the Tim Story Clips

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"