Teachers drop the Holocaust to avoid pissing Muslims off

I did not know that. Thank you. As I said before, I always enjoy learning Truths.

I thought that Jews worshiped God...Catholics worshiped the Jewish God but under another name..Christians worshiped Jesus and Muslims had a different God all together.

Elohim, Judaism; God, Christianity; Allah, Islam

Same God different names.

I thought that Jews worshiped God...Catholics worshiped the Jewish God but under another name..Christians worshiped Jesus and Muslims had a different God all together.
far more complicated than that Omega Red.

I wish you screwheads would stop posting John 3:16 over and over again to 'prove a point.' We get it. I know what it says. What you seem to be missing is what everyone else is saying: they worship the same god, but their ways to salvation, and their views of Jesus are different. Hell, open up the Koran. Moses, Job, Solomon and David are in there as well. So is Jesus.

So you mean to tell me that the "SAME" God can't make up his mind? He's so confused that he gives us two different belief systems? How does that make any sense? If he is giving us instruction on how to get to heaven, why is he giving us two different and contradicting roads? If you are in Memphis and want to get to California, I can't tell some people to take I-40 west and tell the others to take I-40 east. Somebody is not gonna get to Cali. It's two different roads. Both are not right, I don't care how "open-minded" you want to be about it.

And so what if Solomon and Abraham and Moses are in the Koran? That only proves some things in common. But not sameness. And where Jesus is concerned, it's the meaning you pour into the name that's key here. Muslims see him only as a "prophet". Christians view him as God, King, prophet, messiah.....

That is a total 180 from the Muslim view.

So, I ask you. Do Jews worship a different god as well, since they don't believe that Jesus was the messiah?

They worship the same God as Christians. However, (some) not all are refusing the sacrifice of Christ for the forgiveness of sin. God's plan came to fruition thru Christ. The apostle Paul (a Jew himself) explains it:

1 Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. 2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. 3 Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. 4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

5 Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them." 6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 "or 'Who will descend into the deep?'" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" 16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?" 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. 18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did:
"Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world." 19 Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says,
"I will make you envious by those who are not a nation;
I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding." 20 And Isaiah boldly says,
"I was found by those who did not seek me;
I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me." 21 But concerning Israel he says,
"All day long I have held out my hands
to a disobedient and obstinate people

God's plan was that all men...Jew and Gentile be saved thru Jesus. But they have a a choice. Free will.

Elohim, Judaism; God, Christianity; Allah, Islam

Same God different names.

Christians call him Elohim as well. Don't forget...Christians revere both Old and New Testaments. The Old foreshadowed the fruit of the New.

I have no doubt that this is true.
but "Muslims" does not equal "Muslim Fundamentalists":o

Hey genius, I never said that Muslim = Muslim, why don't you pay attention and actually read my posts. What are you, in high school or something?!

Sometimes people get lumped in together, its not fair, but that's the way world works. The Christian fundamentalists can make Chritians look bad, Hindu fundamentalists can make Hindus look bad, etc. Maybe that's not fair, the number of nice and sane Christians and Hindus out number the fundamentalists by a wide margin.

Its only debatable by those non-muslims who want to debate it.

Muslims believe that the Quran is irrefutably the word of G-d and the Quran says for Muslims to tell Jews and Christians that our G-d and their G-d is one and the same.

So for those who cannot accept this then that is not only their right its also their hang up.

And you believeing what you believe is not a "hang-up"?? :huh:

Why is that?

And you believeing what you believe is not a "hang-up"?? :huh:

Why is that?

Me believing that the G-D of the Muslims are the same as the Jews and the Christians because my Holy Book says so is not a hang up, its a belief.

Show me where the Bible says that Muslims have a different G-d than Jews and Christians and I will retract what I said about the hang up.

I never understood muslim culture

oh hey its ok to have 200 wives, and have half of them be 14 yr olds BUT

EATING PORK is forbidden....yeah...makes sense

You don't understand Islam because unfortunately many Muslims don't as well.

Its not ok to have 200 wifes nor is it ok to marry minors. It ok to be ignorant about Islam but at least admit it rather than commenting on it as though you do.

Me believing that the G-D of the Muslims are the same as the Jews and the Christians because my Holy Book says so is not a hang up, its a belief.

Show me where the Bible says that Muslims have a different G-d than Jews and Christians and I will retract what I said about the hang up.

Your "belief" is not a "hang-up". But mine is?? LOL How is that? Because you said so?

And go back and read my posts ( just a few back) where I show you that the Bible is clear that Jesus is God and is to be worshipped as God. That alone sets The Christian belief system at odds with what Islam teaches about God.

In theory its the same God, you just arguing on whether he had a son or not.

Yes. Islam teaches we believe in the same G-d but of course we have a different perception of G-d.

Any non-Muslim who insists otherwise doesn't shake my belief in what my Holy book teaches.

To each their own.

In theory its the same God, you just arguing on whether he had a son or not.

The major point is that Allah has no Son! Especially one who is equal as God.

Therefore you must logically conclude that we are talking about different Gods. The christian God and the Muslim God.

Christians call him Elohim as well. Don't forget...Christians revere both Old and New Testaments. The Old foreshadowed the fruit of the New.

Haha, no it doesn't.

Memphis Slim said:
So you mean to tell me that the "SAME" God can't make up his mind? He's so confused that he gives us two different belief systems? How does that make any sense? If he is giving us instruction on how to get to heaven, why is he giving us two different and contradicting roads? If you are in Memphis and want to get to California, I can't tell some people to take I-40 west and tell the others to take I-40 east. Somebody is not gonna get to Cali. It's two different roads. Both are not right, I don't care how "open-minded" you want to be about it.

Hahaha, you're an idiot. Yeah, this is the same god who's name is Jealous. This is also the same god who created a being he knew would grow to become his polar opposite in power (and he knew this because of foresight), and then refused to destroy him.
But, as far as all this goes, let's go to the Koran itself. Hell, here's three translations worth:
"YUSUFALI: And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam)."
PICKTHAL: And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our Allah and your Allah is One, and unto Him we surrender.
SHAKIR: And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our Allah and your Allah is One, and to Him do we submit."

Now, you can say 'but they can't be, because the Bible says so and so!' But, alas, there is no more proof for the Bible's validity than your own. Muslim's, like Jews, worship the same god as yourself.

And, in actuality, Jesus has a very big part to do with the religion, apart from being a prophet. He spends a lot of time in heaven, actually, and does return to do the whole 'judgement' bit. Then, he's buried next to Muhammad.

Their religion considers the two gods to be one, so, therefore, the two gods are one, pertaining to their religion. What's so hard to understand?

And so what if Solomon and Abraham and Moses are in the Koran? That only proves some things in common. But not sameness. And where Jesus is concerned, it's the meaning you pour into the name that's key here. Muslims see him only as a "prophet". Christians view him as God, King, prophet, messiah.....
See above, cliff.

That is a total 180 from the Muslim view.

So, I ask you. Do Jews worship a different god as well, since they don't believe that Jesus was the messiah?

They worship the same God as Christians. However, (some) not all are refusing the sacrifice of Christ for the forgiveness of sin. God's plan came to fruition thru Christ. The apostle Paul (a Jew himself) explains it:

But, ya see, they're god's chosen people. In YHWH's eyes, they're above you. So. Just saying.

In their religion, they don't believe that Jesus was the messiah. Neither do Muslims. Jews believe him to have been a man of very great teachings, possibly inspired by god, but not the messiah. And, it's the very same situation with the two. The Christian bible mentions Jews, acknowledges that their gods are the same. The Koran does this as well.

God's plan was that all men...Jew and Gentile be saved thru Jesus. But they have a a choice. Free will.

According to your religion. But not to followers of Judaism and Islam, which, like it are not, are considered Abrahamic religions, the same as Christianity, it's not.

Oh, and btw: in your religion, little known fact: you have no free will. You have the illusion of free will. Sorry.

Yes. Islam teaches we believe in the same G-d but of course we have a different perception of G-d.

Any non-Muslim who insists otherwise doesn't shake my belief in what my Holy book teaches.

To each their own.

Son Islam teaches that Jesus is God's Son? Equal in Godhood with Him?

Your "belief" is not a "hang-up". But mine is?? LOL How is that? Because you said so?

And go back and read my posts ( just a few back) where I show you that the Bible is clear that Jesus is God and is to be worshipped as God. That alone sets The Christian belief system at odds with what Islam teaches about God.

Mine is supported by my Holy Book. You contention that our G-d's are not the same in supported by your flawed logic. I say flawed because under your logic, Jews and Christians have different G-ds as well.

If you look at my previous post, I explained that though we have different perceptions or an understanding of G-d doesn't mean we have a different G-d...
that is unless Christians don't consider themselves to follow the same G-d as Abraham as the Quran repeatedly reminds Muslim that we do.

Mine is supported by my Holy Book. You contention that our G-d's are not the same in supported by your flawed logic. I say flawed because under your logic, Jews and Christians have different G-ds as well.

If you look at my previous post, I explained that though we have different perceptions or an understanding of G-d doesn't mean we have a different G-d...
that is unless Christians don't consider themselves to follow the same G-d as Abraham as the Quran repeatedly reminds Muslim that we do.

And I gave you verses from "MY" holy book.

So??

Son Islam teaches that Jesus is God's Son? Equal in Godhood with Him?

Why ask a question you know the answer to? Of course we don't.

As I stated, Christians have a different understanding of G-d than Muslims, but G-d still teaches us that our G-ds are one and the same.

However I won't think less of you for believing otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"