Ted Lasso - Apple's heartwarming sports comedy show

I wonder why they haven't been advertising that this is the final season apart from the subtle "All roads lead to this" in the caption?

Between the cameras they used and some weird character moments, this felt very off to me compared to the last 2 seasons. Very odd start to me.

just watched episode 2. hate how Rupert is to Rebecca, but i love how she didn't back down this time. I like Roy's growth too and I hope Keely's friend doesn't cost her the PR firm

LoL watching Dani Rojas lapsing into blood thursty beast-mode when playing for his national team.
Then right back to happiest - we're all amigos - nicest guy in the world, like nothing even happened, was both hysterical and terrifying.:funny:

Last edited:
agreed. the last two have been amazing.

I re-upped my Apple TV+ subscription for a month so I just caught up and I'm all set for the finale. My prediction is
they're setting it up for Ted to go back home (obviously from how episode 11 ended), Roy to become head coach (given how he's got a very close relationship to the team and he's warmed to the press conferences) with Nate and Beard as his assistant coaches (Beard's got t00 much of a life happening in London to go back at this point).

I'm not ready to say goodbye to this show. :csad:

I re-upped my Apple TV+ subscription for a month so I just caught up and I'm all set for the finale. My prediction is
they're setting it up for Ted to go back home (obviously from how episode 11 ended), Roy to become head coach (given how he's got a very close relationship to the team and he's warmed to the press conferences) with Nate and Beard as his assistant coaches (Beard's got t00 much of a life happening in London to go back at this point).

I'm not ready to say goodbye to this show. :csad:
S3 End, with Lasso going home seems inevitable.

Suggestion, what if S4 continued: ???
Now back home, to salvage his relationship with his son.
Ted Lasso is hired to start a new Kansas MLS team.
Secretly purchased by Rebecca... he's able to pull some familiar recruits from AFC Richmond, who now must adapt to life in Kansas US.:oldrazz:
The new dynamic twist becomes; instead of trying to convince the British football world and media of his folksy, optimistic leadership worth.
Now he's got to convince Americans on the worth of Soccer Football, and his completely out-of-their-element team:funny:.

Last edited:
Fantastic finale. Ted's story is finished and complete. This feels as final as the Schitt's Creek finale a few years ago. Full heart, emotion, laughs and wonderful moments.

I'm hopeful for a sequel series with Hannah Waddingham and Brett Goldstein leading it. Perhaps call it... The Richmond Way. :wink:

Absolutely nailed the finale. Most shocking thing in it, Mike Dean made a good call, with VAR! Also, the image of Coach Beard in a thong is burned into my eyes and I can't un-see it.

Somewhat over sentimental, but very satisfying end.

7o042x.gif

And jump to 0:30

Last edited:
Such a great finale. Was it predictable? Sure, but they still nailed it.

I was a mess at the end until I burst out laughing at Beard's horrendous CGI Stonehenge wedding. I guess they spent all the budget on the soundtrack. :o

It was fine…

BARRY > Succession >> Ted

…in terms of finales this week.

That was pretty much a perfect ending for this show and hopefully they actually end it here, because I feel like there isn't much else to tell when it comes to this story or much else left when it comes to these characters.

As far as finale's go Barry and Succession were definitely superior IMO.

i loved (and hated cuz it's over!) all the tie-ins and wrap ups of how so many things came full circle. a lot of them i'd forgotten

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"