Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cancellation/re numbering is causing speculation that some kind of big change is coming. Especially for fans of Bart and Solstice. And some posters (read: me) have interpreted the solicitations for Superboy and the last few issues of Titans as feeding a theory of a soft reboot; the main enemy Harvest is in general loathed by Titans fans, but is also a time-traveler explicitly trying to change history who also effected some change, Kon is inferred to return the month before Teen Titans in a manner that seems to shock and even replace Jon Kent.

So if you're someone who despises vast tracks of this run of the Titans and would like the new team to at least have some lee-way to ignore some stories, some kind of "defeat Harvest, undo his actions" story sounds good.

Because the changes to Bart are ********, Jon Kent is a misfire at his core concept, as is the entire Stryfe-knockoff for Superboy's origin, Solstice was railroaded into a stupid plot to leave the book with Bad Idea- I mean, "Bar Torr," the Trigon arc was almost as stupid as the Culling arc (Both cases of Lobdell suffering burnout and just throwing filler at the typewriter for weeks on end) and glossed over rape (definitely Lobdell's fault there, though), Tim was turned into a parody of Dick Grayson somewhere after issue 14 and in his #0 issue (Editorial's fault, not Lobdell's), and the Wondergirl/Red Robin pairing is still painfully contrived even in this new continuity (some elements are okay, but again, rape, plus both are so underdeveloped that they're basically slaved to the plot at all times, plus Spoiler's back and Kon/Cassie 4eva).

I say you erase most of the Culling and Trigon arcs, reveal Harvest triggered Bar Torr's bad future and have some kind of Lex Luthor-hijacking of Superboy's origin, and have Lobdell use his creativity in a better manner and perhaps be guided by the Bat-office in what exactly Tim's origin is in that Secret Origins issue.

I have a question: Has anybody read Teen Titans: Earth One Volume 2 yet, and, if so, can they please give me some information on the plot and any new characters that are introduced? I'm looking to use the Earth One Titans graphic novels as inspiration for a "virtual television" Titans series, but don't have the money to purchase the graphic novel myself right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"