Teens or Twenties

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
Which do you think may be the most difficult time in a person's life, when they're a teenager or when they're in their twenties?

Yeah... when you're a teen, you have to deal with all the *****enozzles in high school and amount to their standards if you really want to be taken "seriously." Once you leave that mess and your teenage years behind, you start to realize you can be your own person and you start to live your life by your own standards. There's no way in hell I'd give up a day in my twenties for all the years I spent as a teen.

Teens. You think you are worldy even though you are barely out of college, think that first girlfriend is the end all, be all and you haven't even really found out who you are yet.

A little bit of both...but man, when I was still living with my folks (I was 23 when I moved out), they couldn't get off my case about keeping my room clean - especially when I went to college, plus they kept saying I spend too much time on the computer. I took Graphic Design, which wasn't what I wanted (my step-dad made me take it), but looking back at my marks and the program itself was just a joke. So its not something Im proud of since it wasn't what I wanted and it was a waste of my time. I had the chance to drop out of it and I wish I took the chance. If I could erase those years of my life, I would.

My family think Graphic Design is what I am good at, I am not. Seriously. Im not into that line of work and even if I was interested in it, I'd pursue it but who the F cares, now that I am living on my own, I can make my own goddamn choices. I do plan on going back to school for Screen writing cause I love MOVIES, TV and JG :heart:

lol...well I mean I love to write and if you go to myspace page, it explains why I want to get into writing..er well I already am, its just I wanna take it a step further.

When I was a teen I didn't have bills. Or a serious relationship. I just went to school, went to practice after school, and hung out with my friends. That was definitely easier than all the things I have to worry about at 26.

I'm having a harder time in my twenties than I ever did in my teens. My teens were very laid back. I had a lot of good friends and was happy as can be. I got married at 21 and within 3 or so years had 2 kids. No college degree makes finding work enough to pay for everyone hard, and now with the family and the necessity to work full time + makes it hard to start school (5 years later) that I'm just so stressed it's not funny. We try our best and cant afford to even rent a house... it has to be apartments. We can't aford a decent car (in fact we had to be given both of our cars, and both are on their last legs).

I've cried more in my 20's than in my teens. And my self esteme is much lower now than in my teens (well, it was pretty low around 14 or so, but since then). And all I can think is "If I could go back and do it again, I'd have gotten my life in order before getting married and having kids"). The only thing that really makes it worth it IS my wife and kids. They try to be as supportive as they can be but I'm very hard headed. Though when my 2 daughters go all "I love you daddy" on me, I usually end up alright.

My advice to you teens. Go to college and get a degree. It'll help you avoid a lot of stress later in life.

I'm having a harder time in my twenties than I ever did in my teens. My teens were very laid back. I had a lot of good friends and was happy as can be. I got married at 21 and within 3 or so years had 2 kids. No college degree makes finding work enough to pay for everyone hard, and now with the family and the necessity to work full time + makes it hard to start school (5 years later) that I'm just so stressed it's not funny. We try our best and cant afford to even rent a house... it has to be apartments. We can't aford a decent car (in fact we had to be given both of our cars, and both are on their last legs).

I've cried more in my 20's than in my teens. And my self esteme is much lower now than in my teens (well, it was pretty low around 14 or so, but since then). And all I can think is "If I could go back and do it again, I'd have gotten my life in order before getting married and having kids"). The only thing that really makes it worth it IS my wife and kids. They try to be as supportive as they can be but I'm very hard headed. Though when my 2 daughters go all "I love you daddy" on me, I usually end up alright.

My advice to you teens. Go to college and get a degree. It'll help you avoid a lot of stress later in life.

Aww JewHob :csad: Chin up.

Teens without a shout of a doubt. Everything is the end of the world.

I don't have kids yet, but I am going back to school. I have 2 years left, and it would've been so much easier to have just finished when I was younger, my parents were paying for everything, and I didn't have to work full-time to pay bills. Doing the right things and not screwing around when you're younger makes it a lot easier to do the right things and screw around later in life.

????????

I find this thread very amusing...

what real life perils does the average person in western culture in their teens or twenties really have to worry about?

jokes...

Well, it's always gonna be harder getting married and becoming a father so young, probably should've waiting a little longer.

While I didn't have a bad high school experience, I definitely liked college better which set up some pretty good times in my twenties.

Im waiting to have kids when im in my early thirties. Its never too late.

Twenties. My teenage years were some the best and easiest of my life. Dealing with life post-graduation and the idea of being a full grown "adult" is a lot tougher than anything puberty threw at me.

Well, it's always gonna be harder getting married and becoming a father so young, probably should've waiting a little longer.

While I didn't have a bad high school experience, I definitely liked college better which set up some pretty good times in my twenties.

It's the stupid planning that causes issues. I planned on going to school for graphic design, but realized right at the end of my high school career that I hated it. It's all I practiced and did since Jr. High and so I had no other options. So I thought I'd work a bit while finding other interests. Then I met the girl who would be my wife and she was in school. We thought, what the heck, let's get married... then she can finish her schooling (she was only maybe a year away from being finished anyhow) then I'll start. Well, first month into being married we have car issues and we take the money we had set aside for her books and fix the car. She has no books so she doesn't go back to school. "It's only for a semester". The next semester something else happens, and she doesn't go back to school until just last semester 5 years later!

We didn't plan on having kids for maybe 5 years so we could get ourselves set up and ready. 1 year into our marrage... SURPRISE! And we used protection the whole time and everything. Had our first daughter, a year later... SURPRISE! Daughter number 2 comes strolling through! Now here I am stuck in retail, can't get a decent job, two kids, and stressed out.

Fortunately we were able to get my wife back into school last semester, but we only have time to get her one class a semester, though that'll probably go up to 2 classes (though we'll never see one another). And I'm trying to find a new job that will allow me to go to school a night or two a week as well. Though even if I do, for a 2 year degree it'll still take me a good 6 or 7 years because of the lack of time I'll have.

My teen years were easy. I had a good head on my shoulders and didn't care to be 'accepted' or 'popular'. I had fun in school. And my closest friends were in my youth group, who didn't care about that crap. I had a 2 girlfriends in my teens (well, I met my wife in my tail end of 19, so that doesn't count) and I had a 'good' break up with them both and remained friends with them both through highschool, and one of them even beyond that. I had no bills. I didn't work, so I had no car, but all my friends did so that wasn't an issue. I never had money growing up, so the fact that my parents couldn't give me money wasn't an issue. I just accepted that I couldn't go shopping or anything. I just went with friends, hung out, and just had a blast. Traveled with my church. Went to the mall. Played cards with the guys. Not a problem in the world.

Teens were WAY easier!

????????

I find this thread very amusing...

what real life perils does the average person in western culture in their teens or twenties really have to worry about?

jokes...

Agreed. Sorry but I doubt most people on heres teen years where that hard compared to a lot of others. I hate people who whine about their parents, brake ups with their partners or not getting picked for the sports.

They need to grow some balls.

I'm not far into my twenties, but I love them so far.

My teenage years were spent battling depression and living in a household that I hated. My mother was VERY emotionally abusive at that time and my parents weren't divorced yet so they were constantly screaming at each other. Sure, I had some fun and some good friends, but it didn't make up for the bad times. I had low self-esteem for most of it, and despite being super involved at church, even the people in my youth group were clique-y and stuck up.

Now I'm graduating college and have done a great job in school. My self esteem is awesome, I couldn't be LESS depressed. I'm in a wonderful relationship with someone who loves me, I have a group of amazing friends, and I feel happy pretty much all the time. Even the bad things don't bother me as much.

I'll take the real world problems over the emotional crap any day.

Agreed. Sorry but I doubt most people on heres teen years where that hard compared to a lot of others. I hate people who whine about their parents, brake ups with their partners or not getting picked for the sports.

They need to grow some balls.

But this thread isn't about "real life peril," it just says "more difficult." I think that includes emotional turmoil, self esteem, etc.

This is definitely a point of view question.

Generally, people who had nothing to do and no responsibilities as teens will probably not enjoy their twenties when they have to make decisions and handle their own lives.

Also, people who had very little as teens and no control over making those things better, will probably love love love their twenties where they get to make their own fate/ success/ lives.

Agreed Pickles. I don't think the intention of this thread is that teens or twenty somethings have it more rough than other age groups. It's just a comparision of which part of your life was filled with more angst/stress.

I was depressed a lot too. :(

Still feel that way from time to time.

But this thread isn't about "real life peril," it just says "more difficult." I think that includes emotional turmoil, self esteem, etc.
the opening post does say 'most difficult time in a person's life'

coming from that point of view, I feel the point is still justified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"