TENET

I've probably said it before but Elizabeth Debicki would be my dream cast for Samus Aran in a Metroid movie. There's something about her that makes her ideal for Samus, and the height is just an added plus.

I'm also in agreement that I'll be seeing Tenet in theaters, even if it kills me. :o

I wasn't a big fan of Man From Uncle movie, but she definitely stood out in that film. She has an alluring presence and charisma.

You know, either his name is The Protagonist, and his name has been wiped being in this clandestine spy agency, and we've gotten to the point where Nolan is justified to not name his protagonists, or Nolan is just being secretive. I can believe both.

If we're to use Inception as a precursor here, I don't know if any of the character names were given away before the film, and the advertising focused on their roles in the heist- IE The Extractor, The Point Man, The Forger, The Architect, etc.

My hunch is JDW will have a real name but perhaps "The Protagonist" becomes sort of a codename for his mission. I doubt using that term in the first teaser was just to refer to him as the protagonist from an outside-of-movie perspective.

If we're to use Inception as a precursor here, I don't know if any of the character names were given away before the film, and the advertising focused on their roles in the heist- IE The Extractor, The Point Man, The Forger, The Architect, etc.

My hunch is JDW will have a real name but perhaps "The Protagonist" becomes sort of a codename for his mission. I doubt using that term in the first teaser was just to refer to him as the protagonist from an outside-of-movie perspective.

They each had character posters that only named them by their roles in the heist.

518bZ8gRZeL._AC_.jpg

JDW looks fresh as hell here. Any word on the cut? Tom Ford?

29-ABEE44-2-E46-4-F5-D-96-F0-F571469227-BD.jpg

Gotta get @DKDetective on the phone.
Haha, since watching the trailer, I have been meaning to get around to comment on this. So from what I can tell, much of JDW's wardrobe in the film are major homages to the Connery's wardrobe as Bond and in Goldfinger in particular.

This suit is very close to the iconic light grey three piece suit from Goldfinger with some minor concessions to modern styles, such as wider lapels and flat front instead of pleated trousers. For instance, the suit jacket has a ticket pocket and the last button of the waistcoat is on the cutaway (since it is not supposed to be buttoned).
Goldfinger-Suit.jpg

Similarly, the navy pinstripe suit, with the contrasting vest,
ten1.jpg

Seems to be an homage to the suit Bond wears when meeting with M in his office after Masterson's death:
Goldfinger-Houndstooth-Suit.jpg

I am very impressed with the tailoring in TENET. I have some minor nitpicks, such as the Windsor knot used by JDW and the wearing of belts with vests, but overall, it is quite excellent. This is much more my idea of the type of tailoring Daniel Craig should wear as Bond instead of his ridiculous, overly tight shrunken suits. This is how a badass grown man dresses.

BN, it doesn't look like Tom Ford to me. It doesn't have his trademark exaggerated waist suppression or curved breast pocket welt.

Last edited:
DKDetective knows his suits.
What can I say, it's a combination of watching too many Bond movies as a small child and being in a profession that involves the wearing of tailored clothing 5 days a week.

The TENET trailer also re-confirmed my desire to see Pattinson wear double breasted suits and jackets as Bruce Wayne. He is a good fit for them and they made him look wider and more imposing.

I've probably said it before but Elizabeth Debicki would be my dream cast for Samus Aran in a Metroid movie. There's something about her that makes her ideal for Samus, and the height is just an added plus.

I'm also in agreement that I'll be seeing Tenet in theaters, even if it kills me. :o

YES! I’ve been saying the same thing about Debicki for years. She’d be an amazing Samus. I want a Metroid movie so badly.

Bummer. Things are going well down here, we just lifted another set of restrictions today. I guess they can't have other countries getting it before the US, though.

You know, either his name is The Protagonist, and his name has been wiped being in this clandestine spy agency, and we've gotten to the point where Nolan is justified to not name his protagonists, or Nolan is just being secretive. I can believe both.

I could see Nolan going meta enough to just call him the protagonist. The stories he tells are often about stories and storytelling.

I could see Protagonist being a codename, but we'll see.

Also, if Australia is not happening in July, then America definitely isn't happening in July for Tenet.

Last edited:
I'd rather see Nolan continue to stay away from franchises. I think his work on the Batman franchise is his sloppiest work and it seems a better fit for him to do what he is doing now, even though I found Dunkirk really disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"